The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 hours ago, adity said:

It's so stupid jerking off ayurveda for no reason. Its a millenia old science with barely any developments. How tf can it combat new diseases. 

Retarded to think like that.

Modern meds made out of Sadabahr flower for Cancer, TB med from extract of Sal, Anti-psychotic med Resperine has been extracted from Sarpgandha.
All these problems existed from millenias,  meds for them were in Ayurveda from time unknown.
Modern science could diagnose them and give a name much much later.

But what Ramdev did was totally wrong. Rather than making wild claims, show off your trials and get it peer reviewed, same way like Allopathic meds are being tested.
When meds like HCQ are being sabotaged by Big Pharma, he didn't stand a chance with his chutiyap approach.

PS:

My grandfather was an Ayurvedic practitioner, 3 generation before him did the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Right said:

Retarded to think like that.

Modern meds made out of Sadabahr flower for Cancer, TB med from extract of Sal, Anti-psychotic med Resperine has been extracted from Sarpgandha.
All these problems existed from millenias,  meds for them were in Ayurveda from time unknown.
Modern science could diagnose them and give a name much much later.

But what Ramdev did was totally wrong. Rather than making wild claims, show off your trials and get it peer reviewed, same way like Allopathic meds are being tested.
When meds like HCQ are being sabotaged by Big Pharma, he didn't stand a chance with his chutiyap approach.

PS:

My grandfather was an Ayurvedic practitioner, 3 generation before him did the same thing.

Ayurvedic items are "weak" tho.

The modern medicines all have concentrated extracts from whatever flower/plant/animal/fish/strange deep sea creatures what have you.

If objective of sarkar is to get Ayurved to compete with modern medicine, they should try to use the over 9000 herbs and other items mentioned in Ayurvedic texts and extract whatever necessary chemicals from them to make strong/concentrated medicines like "modern medicine".

Eventually some chor MNC Pharma company will """discover""" whatever 4000 year old well known in Ayurved plant, patent it, then sell it in gora countries for insane sums :rofl:

currently certain sections of general public think that Ayurved is alternative to normal medicine, but in reality Ayurved items are all like supplements  or immunity boosters as of today

34 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Ayurvedic items are "weak" tho.

The modern medicines all have concentrated extracts from whatever flower/plant/animal/fish/strange deep sea creatures what have you.If

There are reasons for that.

Modern meds may exact compound from a herb but they may not extract out other compounds from the same plant that may prevent side effects.

Many of Ayurvedic meds have Arsenic, Lead and Mercury, consumption of these directly will have very adverse side effect, may even kill you instantly.

Ayurvedic meds using these have compounds that neutralise the side-effect and hence they take long time.

Edited by Right

So corona has entered my apartment in full flow now. Unfortunately our store manager is found To be positive. Result for delivery guys Is still awaited. The entire apartment used to buy stuff from inhouse general store. Manager used to touch every product to check the prices and make the bill. Another resident has also tested positive.

On saturday we might be having a free corona test camp. Where the residents of the society can get tested. They will be using rapid antigen test kits. Keeping fingers crossed ??

Edited by Nathan.Drake

50 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

6.3k cases on Maharashtra. New records daily.

Meanwhile Tope sabko topi pehna raha hai:

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/no-community-transmission-of-covid-19-in-maharashtra-health-minister-rajesh-tope/articleshow/76750622.cms

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

:mellow:

This is hilarious and sad. As a child it was my dream to visit the US of A someday but with time I have realized even some third world countries are better than the sh*t pit that is America

3 hours ago, Aloy said:

This is hilarious and sad. As a child it was my dream to visit the US of A someday but with time I have realized even some third world countries are better than the sh*t pit that is America

you realize Alabama != rest of the US right? It is like assuming all of India is filled with radical mobs that wont allow friends of opposite gender to go out in public :lol:  It is always the extreme cases that gets reported and shared often. Everyone I interacted with in all the states I have been to were really nice. I have not been to many Red states though :P