The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

you realize Alabama != rest of the US right? It is like assuming all of India is filled with radical mobs that wont allow friends of opposite gender to go out in public [emoji38]  It is always the extreme cases that gets reported and shared often. Everyone I interacted with in all the states I have been to were really nice. I have not been to many Red states though [emoji14] 
Yeah, but this thread has plenty of links to something dumb Americans have done.

Obviously, it's mostly the dumb sh*t that's highlighted, but some of this does seem absolutely ridiculous.
Throwing COVID-19 parties like this should be illegal.

Obviously, not all Americans are that way.
Most youtubers that I watch ask you to stay home, stay safe, spend time with family etc. It's just a different picture.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

So corona has entered my apartment in full flow now. Unfortunately our store manager is found To be positive. Result for delivery guys Is still awaited. The entire apartment used to buy stuff from inhouse general store. Manager used to touch every product to check the prices and make the bill. Another resident has also tested positive.

On saturday we might be having a free corona test camp. Where the residents of the society can get tested. They will be using rapid antigen test kits. Keeping fingers crossed ??

Do you disinfect everything you buy?

1 hour ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Yes we wash all the air tight packets with soap, and vegetables and fruits with vinegar and salt water.

we even wash soap with soap before using ??

how can u wash potato/onion with water ? Doesn't it start rotting ?

https://www.themobileindian.com/news/philips-uv-c-disinfection-system-for-homes-launched-in-india-31972

Philips has launched UV-C disinfection system, waiting for it to hit the market, will pick one, this could be pretty handy for atleast one year.

unknown.png

The world passes 200,000 COVID-19 cases in one day for the first time 

+208,864 sets new record number of new cases in 24 hours

+57,236 in USA and +21,948 in India sets new high

Russia numbers going down. India will takeover in next 3-5 days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keano said:

you realize Alabama != rest of the US right? It is like assuming all of India is filled with radical mobs that wont allow friends of opposite gender to go out in public :lol:  It is always the extreme cases that gets reported and shared often. Everyone I interacted with in all the states I have been to were really nice. I have not been to many Red states though :P 

lol I know. It's just not this particular news haha. I was referring to racism , gun violence, ignorance towards the pandemic and all that stuff. Basically, my naive past self considered it an ideal utopia. I think some EU nations are better than the US. 

Anyway, pardon me for going off topic.

Edit: Wait, just checked out China's numbers..Just 85K cases? How much are they hiding? I assumed there were over the 1M mark

Edited by Aloy

In the Colony, a family has been taken for quarantine, only their servant positive till now.

His one family member had come from South who was later confirmed to be positive.

Colony seal rule has changed though, everything very normal and shops a couple of blocks away from his house also open.

Edited by GunnerY2J

9 hours ago, KnackChap said:

20200703_102910.jpg

Project fast tracked and they plan to launch the vaccine by 15th August. Already entered phase 1 of human trials but that deadline will be very difficult to meet. 

What a piece of rotting garbage ! 

Unless they do P1 and 2 PROPERLY (which, honestly, are a pain in the a*s) for testing efficacy and safety, you can't move to P3, where you would be injecting thousands of volunteers. And if sh*t hits the fan in P3, we can have double or triple digit morbidities and mortalities in our hands. 

There's a reason CTs take years to finish - efficacy is important, but never at the cost of safety. 

There is no way anybody anywhere can prove both efficacy and safety with a 40 day trial. It's ridiculous. You don't have long term efficacy or long term safety data. 

PR stunt.

Even the list of institutions look like a joke. Most of them would have never done a P1/2 trial. f**k. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Edit: Wait, just checked out China's numbers..Just 85K cases? How much are they hiding? I assumed there were over the 1M mark

China is done with it. Has been since Feb end. 

Current - 409 active cases. 402 mild condition. 7 critical. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

China is done with it. Has been since Feb end. 

Current - 409 active cases. 402 mild condition. 7 critical. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo0xG4pcEc8SglEvNOgdh

XIXIXXIXI YES OF COURSE IT WAS 85K ONLY WE TOTALLY CONTAINED IT 

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What a piece of rotting garbage ! 

Unless they do P1 and 2 PROPERLY (which, honestly, are a pain in the a*s) for testing efficacy and safety, you can't move to P3, where you would be injecting thousands of volunteers. And if sh*t hits the fan in P3, we can have double or triple digit morbidities and mortalities in our hands. 

There's a reason CTs take years to finish - efficacy is important, but never at the cost of safety. 

There is no way anybody anywhere can prove both efficacy and safety with a 40 day trial. It's ridiculous. You don't have long term efficacy or long term safety data. 

PR stunt.

Even the list of institutions look like a joke. Most of them would have never done a P1/2 trial. f**k. 

Like you said this is PR stunt, in the end the vaccine will be bought from some Big Pharma MNC for an exorbitant sum anyway.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

XIXIXXIXI YES OF COURSE IT WAS 85K ONLY WE TOTALLY CONTAINED IT 

Doesn't matter? China is fully operational now. Things are back to normal there. People are going to work, school, shows, outside. Disneyland was sold out instantly. 

85K or 1M cases or not, nothing is widespread there now compared to other active countries. They actually did contain it. 

10 hours ago, AtheK said:

https://www.themobileindian.com/news/philips-uv-c-disinfection-system-for-homes-launched-in-india-31972

Philips has launched UV-C disinfection system, waiting for it to hit the market, will pick one, this could be pretty handy for atleast one year.

Nice. Will pickup the 30 litre version. 

When is it coming out though?

Edited by playstationdude