The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Indians have better immunity than westerners hence less number of deaths here. Western people very proud of their healthcare system and the fact that they are developed country and nothing can happen to them and see what happened. Brazil is odd case, i would have imagined their immunity would be better than westerners.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Nice. Will pickup the 30 litre version. 

When is it coming out though?

No news, but i am guessing shold be sooner then later, though this will fly off the shelves.

17 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Indians have better immunity than westerners hence less number of deaths here. Western people very proud of their healthcare system and the fact that they are developed country and nothing can happen to them and see what happened. Brazil is odd case, i would have imagined their immunity would be better than westerners.

This is flawed logic. There are lesser deaths because viral load is less. Indians care little about their health, the regular health checkups are extremely rare and more than half the population doesn't even know what comorbidities they have. Foreigners especially in developed countries take health very seriously because of awareness and to avoid costly healthcare, and are better prepared to handle any health emergencies.

Ever wondered if normal Indians even know wtf is lactose intolerance or peanut allergies or how many know which vitamin deficiency they have? How many practice dental hygiene like yearly teeth clean-up or plaque removal? How many take yearly flue vaccine or swine flu vaccines? So many people die without even knowing wtf happened to them. My cousin died in 2018, without any disease or accident. He was 36 years old. Uncle didn't do post mortem. Doctor said his heart stopped suddenly. If only he did yearly health checkup and was on top of his health issues if any. He was complaining of tiredness for over 10 days and was sleeping early. But he didn't go to doctor.

We are just lucky that virus is not as lethal as in US or Italy. And don't believe the official death numbers. There are many many deaths not being reported. And these deaths will now increase due to other diseases that take lakhs of lives each year during rains like dengue etc, because private hospitals are not accepting patients unless they do Covid tests and government hospitals are already full. Real test begins now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

No news, but i am guessing shold be sooner then later, though this will fly off the shelves.

Too expensive for the utility it is.

I think DIY box with UVC light does the job.

BTW, dishwashers are out of stock everywhere.

2 minutes ago, hope said:

What about recovery case rate? 

You can see numbers here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

India has more active cases, more deaths, more critical cases and less recovered cases than Russia. Soon we will exceed them in total cases too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

Russia death numbers are not Reliable 

not that India’s are 

but still the reported cases to reported deaths ratio is more accurate in India than Russia’s 

Russia & Germany never reported deaths due to other factors other than covid 

even if deceased tested positive 

Quite weird policy but can’t say if it’s better or worse 

If someone had high level kidney,liver or lung dysfunction before catching Covid 

they were critical anyway 

even a normal flue or viral infection,dengue could have killed them 

(though chances were low)

Janab ye Hamam -e- Covid hai, sab nange hai yaha. :lol:  Time has long passed where lesser cases  ===  bigger metaphorical benis for national govts, everyone has accepted the fact that they have to put up with corona

Except the Chinese that is, even in this Hamam he is behaving like he is wearing full silken robes, 85k cases only ok :rofl:

2 hours ago, AnK said:

China sealed containment zones & the entire city of Wuhan for domestic travel 

but didn’t inform the world neither stopped international travel for any country 

They landed up in a better position strategically 

not to mention the draconian shutdowns & detentions that only they can implement 

I won’t be surprised if those numbers are actually closer to the truth 

It's more like the actual figures were in Lakhs, which is what lit a fire under Cheeni sarkar's behind to SHUT IT DOWN .

I read somewhere that the real numbers were 6-7 Lakhs, then they did their LOCK IT DOWN stunt, then idk what Chinese Authoritarian magic they did and cured the infecteds.

Thing is high population countries like our can absorb whatever bullsht plague appears, and the Chinese govt is especially greedy, imagine the scale of the infection that they were forced to lockdown to contain it and absorb the economic losses.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, SpearHea:D said:

When i used to play pokemon go, came across this near banswara rajasthan. [emoji14]

your lucky pokemon have been doing well since the time I adpoted them:hug:

2023e3c92fe4298236f49eaab9f9c9ef.jpg

Edited by Keano
  • Like 1