The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

20 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Now scientist are saying that corona virus is Airborne and have asked WHO to revise its guidelines. 

It's a new virus, scientists are also learning about it as they go along. You can't expect all the confirmed info "day 1".

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I think it means that virus stays in air and not only in the cough/breath droplets for which we were wearing masks. This is way more alarming if true.

Knew this already. Virus can spread through aerosols which can linger in the air for hours (or even days?). It's why masks and social distancing only minimize the risk, not eliminate it.

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Knew this already. Virus can spread through aerosols which can linger in the air for hours (or even days?). It's why masks and social distancing only minimize the risk, not eliminate it.

This means even normal triple layer masks are not sufficient. Only N95 should be worn. So far WHO doesn't recommend N95 for anyone. If they say it's airborne then N95 will be mandatory.

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

This means even normal triple layer masks are not sufficient. Only N95 should be worn. So far WHO doesn't recommend N95 for anyone. If they say it's airborne then N95 will be mandatory.

Frankly, is WHO even reliable anymore? They still advise not to stop travel to anywhere and not to stop people from other areas/countries entering. As far back as Dec/Jan, were still recommending travel to China and blindly going by China's narrative that COVID 19 has no human-to-human transmission, instead of conducting their own investigation, which is like their main (rather: only) job. At this point it might be far better to listen to what Govts world over and their individual Virology Institutes are saying than going by the word of WHO.

I already wear N95 mask as I had tough time breathing in the wildcraft one.

Went to the local court today for renewal of my driving license. Needless to say forget social distancing atleast 50-60% were roaming without masks. And most who had masks were wearing with nose uncovered or hanging on their chins. Even most advocates sitting in their outside chambers were without masks. People are generally morons, educated or uneducated doesn't matter. It is the same story at my Auto parts market where we supply goods. No wonder cases are rising rapidly.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

What does a mask do better, lol.

You are deluded.

That's also the same thing (I mean the regular masks 90% people are wearing)

And 70% traffic policemen wear handkerchiefs as well.

and this is why cases will keep increasing

You should probably read up on why a mask is needed and why handkerchiefs don't do sh*t.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

and this is why cases will keep increasing

You should probably read up on why a mask is needed and why handkerchiefs don't do sh*t.

I compared to the regular cloth masks which is being worn by 90% people (possibly more)

Arguably, Handkerchief is better than that being double layered.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

I compared to the regular cloth masks which is being worn by 90% people (possibly more)

Arguably, Handkerchief is better than that being double layered.

and 90% of the people don't know better. You tell them they are wrong and they'll say if others are doing it why shouldn't I?

• Like 1

Yes, I just compared.

Handkerchief is accepted in this category and maybe I am in the wrong category of the 90% population.

Traffic policemen was another example.

But buying cloth masks and categorising only handkerchief users as dumb is stupid and hypocritical.

I am sure plenty of people here also used the cloth masks or some high fi branded variant of it.

Quite possibly the real masks are better and more effective.

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, I just compared.

Handkerchief is accepted in this category and maybe I am in the wrong category of the 90% population.

Traffic policemen was another example.

But buying cloth masks and categorising only handkerchief users as dumb is stupid and hypocritical.

I am sure plenty of people here also used the cloth masks or some high fi branded variant of it.

Quite possibly the real masks are better and more effective.

Not possibly, Definitely.

These masks are made keeping a particle size in mind. I have seen many such "cloth" masks which also mention it, they look like cloth with within they have a proper filtering layer.

Handkerchiefs are not made keeping them in mind. 

Now many people are indeed wearing masks which are just cloth but I don't think your handkerchief can create a good enough seal around your face.

No one on this forum knows what kind of masks the other is wearing but when you directly say that you are just using a handkerchief then you are bound to feel the brunt.

Get a proper mask brother, it's for your safety only.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Not possibly, Definitely.

Now many people are indeed wearing masks which are just cloth but I don't think your handkerchief can create a good enough seal around your face.

Yes, most definitely and agree as well.

Although the hanky creates a better (or bigger I mean) seal than regular cloth mask.

You have to fold it to a triangle and wrap and tie it to the back of your head, maybe it was confused to as just holding it near your mouth/nose.

Rest, agree with the real mask.

Edited by GunnerY2J

9 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, most definitely and agree as well.

Although the hanky creates a better (or bigger I mean) seal than regular cloth mask.

You have to fold it to a triangle and wrap and tie it to the back of your head, maybe it was confused to as just holding it near your mouth/nose.

Rest, agree with the real mask.

It doesn't create better seal. Try wearing a mask, and then try using a hanky. Then...

f**k it I can't have this conversation, it's beyond stupid to even compare seal of mask with seal of a f**king handkerchief. ?

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It doesn't create better seal. Try wearing a mask, and then try using a hanky. Then...

f**k it I can't have this conversation, it's beyond stupid to even compare seal of mask with seal of a f**king handkerchief. ?

Idiocy at its best.

@GunnerY2J

https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-news/coronavirus-handkerchiefs-cotton-masks-can-t-protect-you/story-OwUQMPzRuZ2NIqbMKbeHxL.html 

Coronavirus: ‘Handkerchiefs, cotton masks can’t protect you’

According to doctors, cotton face masks or handkerchiefs don’t provide any protection against the coronavirus. “Cloth (e.g. cotton or gauze) masks are not recommended under any circumstance,” reads the guideline of World Health Organization (WHO) on the usage of masks. But markets of Mumbai are flooded with cotton masks and trendy pieces decorated with cartoon characters and pop art. “Young people don’t like using surgical masks, so they have started putting on these trendy masks,” said Dr Gautam Bhansali, general physician from Bombay Hospital.

The best mask you can buy is an N-95 mask. Second best option is a triple layer surgical mask (I have this). 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:
[mention=21544]GunnerY2J[/mention]

https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-news/coronavirus-handkerchiefs-cotton-masks-can-t-protect-you/story-OwUQMPzRuZ2NIqbMKbeHxL.html 

Coronavirus: ‘Handkerchiefs, cotton masks can’t protect you’
According to doctors, cotton face masks or handkerchiefs don’t provide any protection against the coronavirus. “Cloth (e.g. cotton or gauze) masks are not recommended under any circumstance,” reads the guideline of World Health Organization (WHO) on the usage of masks. But markets of Mumbai are flooded with cotton masks and trendy pieces decorated with cartoon characters and pop art. “Young people don’t like using surgical masks, so they have started putting on these trendy masks,” said Dr Gautam Bhansali, general physician from Bombay Hospital.

The best mask you can buy is an N-95 mask. Second best option is a triple layer surgical mask (I have this). 
Yes, I already agreed.
From the very start I only compared it to regular cloth masks being worn everywhere.

Of course the real masks are the true thing.
Didn't compare to them.

Also people still saying about the seal area thing.

How is it not better sealed (area wise) than a regular cloth mask ?

And for the last time, I only compared it to regular cloth masks - at least this has two layers of cloth,
yes, you can say both are ineffective (agreeable) but area wise the seal is here better.
If the same I had said that i am wearing regular cloth masks, it won't have been so hyper.

The real masks are way better and effective, never compared to them.7a8e933d2386ef01105e9880522e17ad.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, adity said:

And like surgical masks don't even cost that much. The only reason to be wearing a f**king hanky is to show everyone how much of an idiot you are. 

So are the around 70% policemen according to you who are on the road the whole day.

Nothing to add further, didn't even compare with the N-95 masks.

Edited by GunnerY2J