The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

What about these:

La' Forte N95 5-Layer NIOSH Approved Reusable Anti-Fog, Dust-Proof Adjustable Mask -5 Pieces https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089KT2STW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_8jXbFbT8JJ8NW

I am talking about Without valve version.

Edited by Big Boss

23 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Whichever you wanna buy, check if the brand and model is NIOSH approved: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/n95list1-a.html

If you find your model there, and you trust the seller, go ahead. 

I've bought about 20 Venus V-4400 N95 from ABCSales @ Amazon. They were of the exact same quality our office bought in bulk from a different vendor. Yellow adjustable straps, lot number mentioned etc. 

I got the red straps version from another seller of the same mask, and it had no lot number mentioned. Plus the logo and other writing was too big and clear (lol), so seemingly fake. 

Edit: I don't think there are any NIOSH approved washable N95 mask. I don't buy washable masks, and I don't recommend them at all. Just based on science, washing should destroy the efficacy of N95 masks, so I don't believe those sellers. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

BTW, can it intrude from other cavity(s)?

Like Ears? :fear1:

From what I know, mucous membranes should be covered as aerosols can stick to them. Multiple studies have found SARS COV2 on ocular surface too - so eyes, nose and mouth need to be covered. 

• Like 2

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07VPBQJGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DCXbFbPFKFCS6

This is what I ordered and use. Seller is ABCSales. 

It doesn't come individually wrapped, but just as a bundle. Similar to how they were delivered from my office too. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07VPBQJGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DCXbFbPFKFCS6

This is what I ordered and use. Seller is ABCSales. 

It doesn't come individually wrapped, but just as a bundle. Similar to how they were delivered from my office too. 

Bought. Thanks. 

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-covid-symptoms

Neurologists are on Wednesday publishing details of more than 40 UK Covid-19 patients whose complications ranged from brain inflammation and delirium to nerve damage and stroke. In some cases, the neurological problem was the patient’s first and main symptom.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/opinion/coronavirus-brain-damage-dementia.html

Among patients hospitalized for Covid-19 in Wuhan, China, more than a third experienced nervous system symptoms, including seizures and impaired consciousness. Earlier this month, French researchers reported that 84 percent of Covid patients who had been admitted to the I.C.U. experienced neurological problems, and that 33 percent continued to act confused and disoriented when they were discharged.

Stay safe, guys. Not the time to be adventurous. 

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what is the difference between KN-95 and N95?  

What is NIOSH certified? 

I deal with a company for Metal related items. They have diversified into masks during this pandemic. They have various certification from a UK agency and mention N95, Niosh N95 equivalent. If you guys are interested I can get you guys wholesale rates.

I am not doing this for money but rather the company is forcing me to sell masks which I dont have time for. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Can someone tell me what is the difference between KN-95 and N95?  

What is NIOSH certified? 

I deal with a company for Metal related items. They have diversified into masks during this pandemic. They have various certification from a UK agency and mention N95, Niosh N95 equivalent. If you guys are interested I can get you guys wholesale rates.

I am not doing this for money but rather the company is forcing me to sell masks which I dont have time for. 

Nx = US NIOSH standard

FFPx = UK/EU standard

KNx = China standard

36 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Still confident, the cases will reduce after a week or 2.
or atleast, i dont think it'll spiral out of control

I hope so.

But a mini-lockdown for  a week and border closing needs to be done ASAP.

% percent wrto tests is crossing 10% for last few days. So it is already quite bad.

BIEC will have 10000 beds, state govt has been really quick on these things.

4 minutes ago, Right said:

I hope so.

But a mini-lockdown for  a week and border closing needs to be done ASAP.

% percent wrto tests is crossing 10% for last few days. So it is already quite bad.

BIEC will have 10000 beds, state govt has been really quick on these things.

I'm thinking that numbers will go down, purely based on the behaviour of the people over the last week or so.
Chikpet, JC Road & SP Road ( 3 major business/ shopping centres ) completely shut down. 
Malleswaram n Gand Bazaar also under minute lockdown. 

I visited Koramangala on monday. The place is deserted. Hardly anything is open and people are just not moving around at all. 
Even Jayanagar had shops open, but the crowd was so less. 

People have become more aware and scared. So i'm hoping we will keep things under control. 

But i do agree, Borders should be closed for a few days. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nx = US NIOSH standard

FFPx = UK/EU standard

KNx = China standard

I am trying to find your post about how to cycle (and decontaminate) N95 masks, but can't.

Thank you for sharing so much pertinent information and debunking irrelevant info.

Can you share a link to it or post it again

3 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

I am trying to find your post about how to cycle (and decontaminate) N95 masks, but can't.

Thank you for sharing so much pertinent information and debunking irrelevant info.

Can you share a link to it or post it again

Anytime, mate. 

Here you go: 

For detailed info on N95 decontamination, bookmark https://www.n95decon.org/publications

• Thanks 1