The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

Yup the only positive thing is WFH for me. I am never bored because I am working and if I want some time on my own well then I have a lot of time saved from commute and also weekends! So its a good balance!

The best thing is that I am in my hometown where I prefer to live instead of NCR. Those shitty traffic jams give me the creeps. I am afraid to even think of going back and drive my bike for more than an hour in that horrible traffic!!

You're back to Lucknow ? How's the situation there?

Never imagined that I would ever quote an article from The Wire.

Important info about choosing N95 Masks. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.thewire.in/article/health/covid-19-counterfeit-n95-masks-cdsco-bis-standards/amp

Apparently this is a reliable company

http://www.magnumohs.com/n95-masks.html

But like someone said about going back home and WFH from there, it gives you a certain amount of freedom.

Not applicable right now obviously, but if you wanted to, you could go WFH from a different country or a different city if you wanted to. Its a cool experience at least.

You could rent in Goa, work in the daytime, hit the beach in the evening, party every night (lol), have a good time for 6 months, then come back to normal life wherever you live. Or maybe it sounds simple, buts its not actually that easy.

57 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Most probably would be rumours. IDK how companies will survive that long with reduced business.

Not a rumour. As I too was part of the discussion. Lets see what final decision they take. 

Also its fairly simple for Management/Analytics Consulting firm as they can work remotely too so the Current business won’t be impacted much by wfh. Also traveling to client side too is Somewhat taken care off by audio/video calls.

Only downside i see is bringing in New business. They will figure out a way for that too.

Edited by Nathan.Drake

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

But like someone said about going back home and WFH from there, it gives you a certain amount of freedom.

Not applicable right now obviously, but if you wanted to, you could go WFH from a different country or a different city if you wanted to. Its a cool experience at least.

You could rent in Goa, work in the daytime, hit the beach in the evening, party every night (lol), have a good time for 6 months, then come back to normal life wherever you live. Or maybe it sounds simple, buts its not actually that easy.

Haha, this is a very optimistic way to think about it. But productivity varies a lot. I don't think there are many career opportunities out where one will be able to pull this off. 

Just think, would a person wake up at 8AM, start work by 9, work for 8-10hrs as usual, then hit the beach around 5-6PM, party till late and be able to wake back up at 8AM the next day?

One might be able to for a week but just by the experience of my internship. There is no way this will happen. 

Best thing about WFM is just the comfort of the home, saving on commute and ability to nap for a while.

You're back to Lucknow ? How's the situation there?
Yeah. As soon as Lockdown started. Thank God for that!!!

Situation is getting worse day by day here. At first, everyone followed orders and were in their homes all times and streets were empty. But since last month, people stopped caring and currently they are roaming like there is nothing!

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hope these guys burn in hell. Aren't these drugs covered under the epidemic act which makes them blackmarketing not just illegal but a major offence?

16 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Hope these guys burn in hell. Aren't these drugs covered under the epidemic act which makes them blackmarketing not just illegal but a major offence?

Parliamentary committee has asked the government to step up and stop it. Let's see. The govt replied with "We will look into it". 

Only hope is media should keep on covering it to pressurise the govt to act. 

Edit: There are 7 companies licensed to market RemD in India. If the production paces and market gets flooded with the drug, black marketing will die a natural death. No idea how soon will it happen though. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yeah. As soon as Lockdown started. Thank God for that!!!

Situation is getting worse day by day here. At first, everyone followed orders and were in their homes all times and streets were empty. But since last month, people stopped caring and currently they are roaming like there is nothing!

Unironic bait for local municipal corp to do a [ LOCKDOWN ] on Lucknow. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Parliamentary committee has asked the government to step up and stop it. Let's see. The govt replied with "We will look into it". 

Only hope is media should keep on covering it to pressurise the govt to act. 

Edit: There are 7 companies licensed to market RemD in India. If the production paces and market gets flooded with the drug, the black marketing will die a natural death. 

Some elements in the sarkar must be selling this drug to black marketeers :rofl:

Which is why wE WiLL LoOk InTo iT.

" We ArE ReStRiCtiNG SuPpLY " literally invites black-marketeers and smugglers for any kind of product :lol:

24 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Crazy this is happening in Yusuf Sarai which is side by side to AIIMS and is a major market for medicines.

All across the country. 

Friend in Bangalore had to pay 38k for every vial. 

20 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Some elements in the sarkar must be selling this drug to black marketeers :rofl:

Which is why wE WiLL LoOk InTo iT.

" We ArE ReStRiCtiNG SuPpLY " literally invites black-marketeers and smugglers for any kind of product :lol:

I believe it has more to do with BABUgiri. 

To find these assholes, you've to get up from your chair, interview people, do a sting operation etc. Too much work for sarkaar unless somebody is incentivised. Then you've cuts ready for local authorities and CMO etc. 

Only hope is media, or flooding of market with easy availability of Rem. 

Admitted my mother-in-law to the hospital last night as she had also started showing symptoms. Got an ambulance for her and she went and did the Covid test, and also a chest scan to see if there was any spread in the lungs. Whatsapped the results to our doctor who said pneumonia has started and it would be best to admit immediately before conditions get worse, as there's no caretaker left at her home (brother-in-law is already in hospital).
Made some phone calls here and there, finally got a bed booked. Went to the hospital for the admission paperwork, they didn't have any ambulances of their own available at the moment, but they gave a few contacts. Had to call 2-3 guys before I found one who had an ambulance available. I had to pay Rs 3500, definitely overpaid but no time to bargain and can't really use own vehicle for this case.
It was very stressful waiting at the hospital, especially since 2 other familes came to admit a patient and they had both driven-in the patient in their own cars.

I am now staying in my room for a week, I hope I haven't been infected.

By the way, there is a health scheme by the Government of Maharashtra (MPJAY) for people who have yellow or orange ration cards. It's not universal healthcare as it claims to be, but if you can avail it, please do.

4 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I live in Goa in my own home, zero debt, and my wife and I have been working from home for a good 5 years and we still probably visit the beach maybe once a month. It's just not a very feasible option. Sure we make it a point to go out (in normal circumstances of course) on the weekends, but daily we'd probably not be able to and still maintain any sort of productivity.

I remember when we decided to move here from Mumbai a good 7 years back everyone was wow man that's so awesome, curly's every day, sit on the beach and sip beer. You get the drift. The reality of it all is, to do all those things you need to have zero responsibilities, clothes that will wash and dry themselves, dishes that are magically cleaned, a house that takes care of itself, and endless amounts of moolah.

Is it an easier life? f**k yes. When work gets us down its pretty easy to hop on the bike or get in the car and drive to the beach and just sit looking at the sunset and still get home by 9pm because almost empty roads. But to do that daily? No way.

• Like 2