The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Where 3k only? All India or MH?

All India. New - Recovered = Net New

53 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

No day is a good day my friend. Every day is a catastrophe that could have been completely avoided. All govt had to do in January was stop all incoming and outgoing international flights. Instead we chose to bang thaalis and drop flowers from jets.

Wishful thinking. We had 5.5L Indians, students, tourists, businessmen who were abroad, we couldn't have abandoned them.
We still acted much swiftly than other countries.

But because states didn't take care of protocol properly, especially MH and Delhi, we got screwed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

For such a 400 IQ guy i wonder why he announced it on Twitter :lol:

The Supreme Leader probably has it too. 

Every celeb/leader who was contracted, has announced on twitter.

Shivraj Singh, Amitabh, Scindia, AMS, Sambit Patra, Sanjay Jha

AS had swine flu few years back, he announced it too.

If leaders themselves hide it like its a stigma, what commoners would do?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

BMC SUSPENDS MAHIM HOSPITAL’S LICENCE AFTER OVERCHARGING CLAIM

Billed 2.25 lakh for a day. 

Patient tested negative after death

Patients relative told to get medicine which turned out to be for some other guy. 

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/coronavirus/news/bmc-suspends-mahim-hospitals-licence-after-overcharging-claim/articleshow/77310270.cms

Good. f**k em. 5 mins from my place. 

22 minutes ago, Walker said:

Good. f**k em. 5 mins from my place. 

While the hospital clearly deserves, I'd say they should be paying big fines too.

My only concern is the active COVID patients, or even other patients admitted there. 

I assume they will be shifted elsewhere, but hopefully they don't have too much hassle. 

25 minutes ago, Right said:

Every celeb/leader who was contracted, has announced on twitter.

Shivraj Singh, Amitabh, Scindia, AMS, Sambit Patra, Sanjay Jha

AS had swine flu few years back, he announced it too.

If leaders themselves hide it like its a stigma, what commoners would do?

Most commoners don't hold HM portfolio, neither are they basically Robin to Supreme Leader's Batman.

Now Robin will be confined to hospital :(

31 minutes ago, Right said:

All India. New - Recovered = Net New

Wishful thinking. We had 5.5L Indians, students, tourists, businessmen who were abroad, we couldn't have abandoned them.

But because states didn't take care of protocol properly, especially MH and Delhi, we got screwed.

Ironic we never heard a peep till date about CM Tiger or Kejru from the media or the thekedars of wokeness/secularism/democracy/social justice/human rights etc etc.

Here in Maharashtra only Fadnavis was screeching,( maybe Arnab's News channel too, but i don't bother with that one ) about how the corona situation was handled, for quite the obvious reasons, but no sounds from "Civil Society" :P

Meanwhile all insta, twitter etc etc crying MODI BAD every day about our every increasing high score.

Literally no way in this particular country or the other Indian Subcontinent countries could this be CoMpLeTeLy AvOiDeD, you cannot contain epidemics without the general public behaving themselves.

• Like 2

Sorry man i disagree respectfully. 5.5 lac indians stuck abroad vs 130 crore indians at home. Not easy decision but could have taken a bold step. A dumbass like me was warning people about this in January and you are telling me that the government taking action at the end of March was swift action? Fine but it does not feel swift at all to me. All this could have been avoided. Not just India but every country could have taken swift action back in January. WHO could have done the right thing as well. But alas all is in the past. Lets see how this goes. Although i can assure you that a few years from now, looking back at this- everyone would know that this was a fail on Epic proportions by everyone involved.

56 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

BMC SUSPENDS MAHIM HOSPITAL’S LICENCE AFTER OVERCHARGING CLAIM

Billed 2.25 lakh for a day. 

Patient tested negative after death

Patients relative told to get medicine which turned out to be for some other guy. 

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/coronavirus/news/bmc-suspends-mahim-hospitals-licence-after-overcharging-claim/articleshow/77310270.cms

Good they are applying the stick to these chor hospitals, trying to make money in times of crisis :furious:

14 minutes ago, adity said:

I agree. We had a head start and we should've applied soft restrictions locally and complete ban on international travel. We would be nowhere near as bad if it were the case. Stupid government, stupid people. We never stood a chance. 

I see where you're coming from, but if people weren't this stupid, and would follow the rules, wear masks, go out less and stuff, we would've been better off right now.

We invited this. I'd say the government did a good job the first two months since the Janta curfew day. After two months all hell broke loose, here we are. 

At the same time, opening cinema halls and gyms sounds stupid to me. People can opt not to do that. But will they? :wallbash:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:
1 hour ago, Right said:

Sorry man i disagree respectfully. 5.5 lac indians stuck abroad vs 130 crore indians at home. Not easy decision but could have taken a bold step. A dumbass like me was warning people about this in January and you are telling me that the government taking action at the end of March was swift action? Fine but it does not feel swift at all to me. All this could have been avoided. Not just India but every country could have taken swift action back in January. WHO could have done the right thing as well. But alas all is in the past. Lets see how this goes. Although i can assure you that a few years from now, looking back at this- everyone would know that this was a fail on Epic proportions by everyone involved.

See the thing is democratic society has its limits, it often falls to its own people.

Let me tell you a story:

There was a group of Indian pilgrims/students stranded in Iran. Iran authorities weren't allowing un-screened people to leave, they had blocked commercial flights too .

And they didn't have capacity to screen everyone and they also had restricted  evacuation flights.

Then these pilgrims, their relatives started knocking doors of GoI, pestering them non-stop.
So, MEA sent a mobile testing unit to Iran, tested all of the evacuees before getting them to India, so first batch came home

Then remaining folks started making noise.

So after couple of weeks they repeated this exercise.

If this was North Korea or China or Pakistan, they would've asked these pilgrims to f**k off.
We are a democratic country, so we cannot.

Democracies are bound to fail in such scenarios because they cannot apply brute force.

What it tells you that America and Australia has more cases registered after George Floyd episode than they had before it, majorly owing to protests

You would understand this, some day....

Edited by Right
  • Like 5

Nobody's giving a sh*t. Went out to get some meds, and the market seems like it is Diwali. I get that we have raksha bandhan tomorrow, but amount to people walking and buying stuff neck to neck was crazy. 

It's our collective failure. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

59 minutes ago, Right said:

See the thing is democratic society has its limits, it often falls to its own people.

Let me tell you a story:

There was a group of Indian pilgrims/students stranded in Iran. Iran authorities weren't allowing un-screened people to leave, they had blocked commercial flights too .

And they didn't have capacity to screen everyone and they also had restricted  evacuation flights.

Then these pilgrims, their relatives started knocking doors of GoI, pestering them non-stop.
So, MEA sent a mobile testing unit to Iran, tested all of the evacuees before getting them to India, so first batch came home

Then remaining folks started making noise.

So after couple of weeks they repeated this exercise.

If this was North Korea or China or Pakistan, they would've asked these pilgrims to f**k off.
We are a democratic country, so we cannot.

Democracies are bound to fail in such scenarios because they cannot apply brute force.

What it tells you that America and Australia has more cases registered after George Floyd episode than they had before it, majorly owing to protests

You would understand this, some day....

This makes so much sense. The people harping about Government's failure to ask 5.5L people to f**koff would be the same ones who would come out to criticise the govt if they actually did that. 

I dont know how any amount of govt intervention could offset people's stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Why dont the hospitals take IDs of people they are testing, especially the corona positive ones.

There is no RTPCR without a valid address id proof. It's mandatory as per govt rules. 

Phone number is not verified though. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

If you thought we were alone in this. Looooooooong way to go! Sometimes when I'm in my dark gloomy moments I wonder if this will be our extinction event.. no not a space rock or aliens or nuclear holocaust or volcanoes or storms or global warming (or dimming), but our own stupidity.

4 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

No day is a good day my friend. Every day is a catastrophe that could have been completely avoided. All govt had to do in January was stop all incoming and outgoing international flights. Instead we chose to bang thaalis and drop flowers from jets.

Yes, agreed!! They bloody allowed International flights to operate till end of March (if not longer) without any barriers at all. Crucial mistake. Heck even when they started stamping international passengers coming into Mumbai with those home quarantine duration stamps on the back of their hands, those stamps were wiped clean by so many passengers in the following days and they roamed free. :(

16 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Govt. took good steps in the beginning. We had it under control with it being in only Kerala early on then the Jamat thing happened and it blew away. Govt could have done better yes but more than govt. I feel, the people got to be blamed here. So much PR done, thaalis beaten,etc,etcyet people were careless. Anyways this was meant to happen. You cant stop this.

15 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

For such a 400 IQ guy i wonder why he announced it on Twitter :lol:

The Supreme Leader probably has it too. 

>Being this naive :rofl:

@KnackChap @CarbonCore @AtheK

Is this allowed now? Saying PM has it too? Really. No respect shown at all, forget hes a PM but even saying such a thing to anyone. Hes been doing same sh*t. Absolute sh*t man really :slap:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Walker said:

If you thought we were alone in this. Looooooooong way to go! Sometimes when I'm in my dark gloomy moments I wonder if this will be our extinction event.. no not a space rock or aliens or nuclear holocaust or volcanoes or storms or global warming (or dimming), but our own stupidity.

He's sanitising the skanks bruh.