The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 hours ago, piper said:

Take it easy, folks.

It is a stressful time for everyone. In times of crises, we must keep aside our differences and support one another. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Stick to topic or GTFO.

Posts deleted ? 

37 minutes ago, hope said:

60% percent of Covid patients in Pune are in home isolation. 3 total so far in our society all in home isolation. Only severe cases in hospitals now so load should be balanced. 

If you dont have any other comorbidities, you can go for home isolation i guess. 

The virus has become much much milder than earlier for sure. 
Lot of people are recovering in a weeks time. 

We have clearly entering Herd immunity stage. 
Around  a week or 10 days back, they did random Antigen testing in Bangalore. A lot of samples nearly 36k came out to be +
None of these people had any symptoms. (Watched this in local news channel ) 

Also Bangalore is getting 2k cases everyday. With everything opened, highly unlikely the cases are so consistent at around 2k. 
Surely people are getting infected a lot more. Either they are asymptomatic and recovering without any symptoms showing up or they are getting fever and other mild symptoms and are recovering in few days by resting at home.. 

34 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Posts deleted ? 

If you dont have any other comorbidities, you can go for home isolation i guess. 

The virus has become much much milder than earlier for sure. 
Lot of people are recovering in a weeks time. 

We have clearly entering Herd immunity stage. 
Around  a week or 10 days back, they did random Antigen testing in Bangalore. A lot of samples nearly 36k came out to be +
None of these people had any symptoms. (Watched this in local news channel ) 

Also Bangalore is getting 2k cases everyday. With everything opened, highly unlikely the cases are so consistent at around 2k. 
Surely people are getting infected a lot more. Either they are asymptomatic and recovering without any symptoms showing up or they are getting fever and other mild symptoms and are recovering in few days by resting at home.. 

It's not milder, it is the perception of it, the PANIK about virus has subsided among general public and it matters less and less day by day.

Herd immunity must be only for people in the cities i think, idk about villages, so many cases go undetected, like i read somewhere almost half the population of Dharavi has antibodies in them, meaning they have been infected and recovered and nobody knew.

imo this was only dangerous for the economy and for old folks having co-morbidities :fear:

Hope we don't be like YAY GO CORONA GO HOGYA, CORONA WENT BACK TO CHINA  and suddenly you have a surge of cases in random rural areas :/

[

According to the first phase results, 90 per cent of the patients' lungs are still in a damaged state, which means their lungs ventilation and gas exchange functions have not recovered to the level of healthy people, state-run Global Times reported.

]

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/world-news/90-of-recovered-covid-19-patients-in-wuhan-suffering-from-lung-damage-report/articleshow/77372009.cms

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I

Suddenly you have a surge of cases in random rural areas :/

This is what's happening in Maharashtra. Cases in mumbai/thane/pune have sort of flatlined but the the other interior districts are now showing a surge in cases. 

43 minutes ago, Maximus said:

[

According to the first phase results, 90 per cent of the patients' lungs are still in a damaged state, which means their lungs ventilation and gas exchange functions have not recovered to the level of healthy people, state-run Global Times reported.

]

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/world-news/90-of-recovered-covid-19-patients-in-wuhan-suffering-from-lung-damage-report/articleshow/77372009.cms

Why are such studies not carried out outside china.  Also if the lungs are damaged does that mean they won't recover ever?

56 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It's not milder, it is the perception of it, the PANIK about virus has subsided among general public and it matters less and less day by day.

M talking about this based on whatever i'm seeing. 
Have seen lot of people above 65 years  recovering easily without falling severely sick.
Even the number of patients requiring ICU is very less

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Why this talk of herd immunity when its been established that anti bodies only lasts for a month or so? 

Because people think 1-2 months are enough to stop the spread.

Govt sends out letters warning about ‘mystery seeds’ that have puzzled, alarmed US & Canada

The Ministry of Agriculture has alerted state governments, agriculture universities, seed associations and agencies under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) over unsolicited/mystery seed parcels reaching the country from unknown sources.

Earlier this week, global news publications reported that people in the US and Canada had received packages containing seeds, seemingly from China

https://theprint.in/india/govt-sends-out-letters-warning-about-mystery-seeds-that-have-puzzled-alarmed-us-canada/477775/

These M'fkers need to be nuked from orbit. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

M'fkers need to be nuked from orbit. 

I dunno ke yeh chal kya reha hai.

Xi promised that he will bring "unlimited pride to CCP" in exchange of lifelong Chairmanship.

If this was any other US president, China would've been sanctioned by now, for denying intl probe into corona origin.

21 minutes ago, Right said:

I dunno ke yeh chal kya reha hai.

Xi promised that he will bring "unlimited pride to CCP" in exchange of lifelong Chairmanship.

If this was any other US president, China would've been sanctioned by now, for denying intl probe into corona origin.

Kuch bhi, this is not some 2rs hermit state like Iran or NK to be sanctioned.

After they did Tiananmen Square Hatyakand, even then the sanctions were btfo and relations normalized in 2-3 years tops :lol:

Everyone depends on the Chongs for supplies of their products, given that, Cheeni has impressive leverage on all these wealthy countries, they can't do squat.

You can be sure that even if they push all the way up to Leh, managing to defeat the troop buildup that is in Ladakh, starting a hot war, that is a no-no in todays "Global Order", even then you will see nothing from US and EU, aside from usual we condemn this blah blah blah

TLDR China is the classroom bully who even smacks around the teachers :rofl:

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Kuch bhi, this is not some 2rs hermit state like Iran or NK to be sanctioned.

After they did Tiananmen Square Hatyakand, even then the sanctions were btfo and relations normalized in 2-3 years tops :lol:

Everyone depends on the Chongs for supplies of their products, given that, Cheeni has impressive leverage on all these wealthy countries, they can't do squat.

You can be sure that even if they push all the way up to Leh, managing to defeat the troop buildup that is in Ladakh, starting a hot war, that is a no-no in todays "Global Order", even then you will see nothing from US and EU, aside from usual we condemn this blah blah blah

TLDR China is the classroom bully who even smacks around the teachers :rofl:

Sanctions don't last forever.

India was sanctioned too, over nuke tests which were reversed in 2-3 years. Iran, Russia gets sanctioned all the time, sanctions keep getting diluted, reframed, given concessions for, or get repelled. It's largely token exercise but still hurts.

I'm just surprised (actually not) that Trump hasn't even done anything except his usual blabber, Corona would've been easier cuz China is signatory of Bio weapon contention.

9 minutes ago, adity said:

It's not just supply chain dominance, China has managed to integrate themselves in economies too with investments in start ups, companies, real estate and even government bonds. 

Although, I do think once things normalise a bit there could be co ordinated effort to reduce china's dominance. 

I think after November 4th everything regarding them will go back to normal like in 2010, Xi will stop arching his back, baring his fangs, and putting out his claws, everyone will go back to appeasing China :lol:

Everything will go back to normal as in trade etc, the damage from covid won't go away nor the bits of land anschlussed in Ladakh won't come back :/

2 minutes ago, Right said:

Sanctions don't last forever.

India was sanctioned too, over nuke tests which were reversed in 2-3 years. Iran, Russia gets sanctioned all the time, sanctions keep getting diluted, reframed, given concessions for, or get repelled. It's largely token exercise but still hurts.

I'm just surprised (actually not) that Trump hasn't even done anything except his usual blabber, Corona would've been easier cuz China is signatory of Bio weapon contention.

The fool thinks Xi, who has been politicking since idk 20 years now, will be spooked by his jhumlebaazi and threats over trivial things like the chinese not buying US Pork and Soybeans :rofl:

He is totally incompetent, and behaves like this is that comedy reality show he was in rather than the most powerful govt post on the planet.

btw the Chinese have probably destroyed all evidence that they created the virus for whatever purposes, and have continously mounted a media campaign to cause confusion and doubt about where did the virus come from.

Had an alternate reality experience. Visited town to pick up some household things. Walked into a store and f**k me. Not one of the staff had masks. Shoppers were with the mask below their noses and chins. I exited the store immediately because it's kinda small and air-conditioned. One prime example wearing the mask below his chin, exited the store, sat on his bike and adjusted his mask to cover his nose and mouth :wallbash:

Edited by Walker

6 minutes ago, adity said:

It's hilarious in a sad kinda way. I saw my grandpa wearing an n95 and then he met someone he knew and pulled the mask down to talk to him. I was like bro wtf. Completely defeated the point of a mask. 

Ikr. Sometimes I feel I need to get a lock and go to my parents house and lock the door.