The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Just now, playstationdude said:

You want 250 people to dance and celebrate in the middle of one of the worst pandemics in history, where around 65k odd infection cases are being reported daily?

Im curious, are you going to office daily?

Or is the pandemic only applicable when it comes to work?

Dude those are normal public dancing there not the invited ones. 

My point is you cant stop the daily routines or things you gotta do you have to do but added measures thats it. 

Everything is open now. 

No offense man, but didn't somebody share that already? Oh wait, it was you only.

Either double posts are back, or you wanted to share the same thing again? 

I guess you're concerned about that Mahant. :) Well, my prayers go out to him, and anybody else who attended. 

Hope PM sir doesn't have it. 

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

No offense man, but didn't somebody share that already? Oh wait, it was you only.

Either double posts are back, or you wanted to share the same thing again? 

I guess you're concerned about that Mahant. :) Well, my prayers go out to him, and anybody else who attended. 

Hope PM sir doesn't have it. 

Dude, this is a 18 second video. The previous one was just a picture. Do you still consider it a double post or did it touch a nerve. IDGAF about the guy.

• Like 1

Industry Dialogue | India's Online Education Landscape Has Changed Because Broadband Was Ready

This here article quotes the Dept of Telecom and says broadband connections increased 40% during this corona season wtf :ko:

These EdTech startups must be bathing in money rn

Went to the registration office today. There was only one other registration besides us, but people still had a hard time keeping their distance. Thankfully all had masks. It's always a stressful 3-4 days afterwards.

Bharat Biotech-ICMR developed Covaxin is safe, show preliminary phase I results

“As of now we know that it is safe. The second step is to know how effective the vaccine is for which we have started collecting the samples,” added Verma. The investigators are expecting to finish the Phase I by August end.

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/bharat-biotech-icmr-developed-covaxin-is-safe-show-preliminary-phase-i-results/amp_articleshow/77532949.cms?__twitter_impression=true

My friend's father got tested positive. They had taken all precautions. Never stepped out, except once when they went to his sister's birthday last week, she stays in same society but in different building. His father must have got infected on the way. He is having lung infection now. Somehow they managed to get a bed.

My friend is the only one of the 9 family members who has fever. He wants to get all tested but afraid to take them all to flu clinic to get prescription because if they are negative, they might catch virus there. He wants to get prescription and do home swab collection, because no one will do the RT PCR test without prescription. Government doesn't test even the family members without prescription in Pune. Such a f**ked up situation. 

54 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

My friend's father got tested positive. They had taken all precautions. Never stepped out, except once when they went to his sister's birthday last week, she stays in same society but in different building. His father must have got infected on the way. He is having lung infection now. Somehow they managed to get a bed.

My friend is the only one of the 9 family members who has fever. He wants to get all tested but afraid to take them all to flu clinic to get prescription because if they are negative, they might catch virus there. He wants to get prescription and do home swab collection, because no one will do the RT PCR test without prescription. Government doesn't test even the family members without prescription in Pune. Such a f**ked up situation. 

And few weeks back they were telling that ANYONE can get tested in MH or was it only for Mumbai?

2 minutes ago, Right said:

And few weeks back they were telling that ANYONE can get tested in MH or was it only for Mumbai?

It was only Mumbai I think. He has called collector office, district control room etc, everyone says prescription is required for test.

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

try netmeds to order the test. they might help your friend with a "prescription" 

Does it work in Pune? Because even private doctors are saying to get it from flu clinic.

58 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

It is worth a shot i say. They give prescription if your existing ones are over for medicines. I guess they could arrange for tests as well.

50 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

@Big Boss: I know apps like 1MG also have options to get the test done via Suburban (or other testing places), even RT-PCR tests. Maybe try and check that? Not sure if it'll show different options for Pune or not, though.

They are saying physical examination is needed:

There is declaration in prescription to be signed by doctor mentioning physical examination and decision regarding home quarantine.

When one person was tested positive in our building, BBMP did a drive in the building and all HK ppl were tested free of cost, and they had enough kits and had asked if any one else wanted to get tested as well.

One of the HK maid came out positive and she has been shifted to hospital and entire building sanitized, things atleast seem much smoother here.