The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

4 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Nobody used to leave their house until we were in complete lockdown.

I'm 100% sure you are absolutely wrong here. I have seen people playing cricket In the club houses . Just because we were never out does not mean nobody did.

1 minute ago, adity said:

Lockdown couldn't last forever. I think that was accepted from the beginning. It's up to the people to take care of themselves ultimately. Expecting government to babysit forever is too much. Besides we as a country don't have the firepower to support an economy not producing anything. 

Yes this habit of government should do everything should go away . I mean how many people even follow social distancing norms? No economy has that much firepower not even us..they can print as much as they want now but then they will see how much it hurs

1 minute ago, mohit9206 said:

But then what was the point of lockdown? It destroyed the country's economy without achieving anything.

Increasing production capacity of PPE kits and testing kits. Stops seeing everything from the negative side. I do agree it failed In keeping people at home but in democracy you can't do anything above what was done.

• Like 1

Just now, mohit9206 said:
2 minutes ago, adity said:
Lockdown couldn't last forever. I think that was accepted from the beginning. It's up to the people to take care of themselves ultimately. Expecting government to babysit forever is too much. Besides we as a country don't have the firepower to support an economy not producing anything. 

But then what was the point of lockdown? It destroyed the country's economy without achieving anything.

Like he said, it comes down to how we conduct ourselves at the end. The initial babysitting and how to approach the whole virus situation was required.

Most of us here on IVG do not leave our houses unless its required, and follow the guidelines. One would appreciate the handholding if people took precautions the same way as during lockdown.

Its like that saying- You can take the horse to the river, but you can't make him drink. 

• Like 1

Increasing production capacity of PPE kits and testing kits. Stops seeing everything from the negative side. I do agree it failed In keeping people at home but in democracy you can't do anything above what was done.
That was the point of lockdown? Okay lol

Just now, mohit9206 said:

It prevented sh*t show like Italy n Spain. It bought us time to be prepared for the coming storm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

The one major criticism I have is delay in action and the initial handling of the migrant crisis. Government should've had the foresight to anticipate it and let people return to their homes. Cases weren't that widespread then and when it eventually happened it was much worse and what ensured our defeat against the virus. 

Absolutely agree. The sh*t show and stupid fights between the state and central government was absolutely horrible. They should have already declared that this is an initial lockdown and may get extended. This would have forced migrants to go back . My workers never leaves because it was an season time and they thought it would be over in 16 days. But after a month of no work they wanted to return and resulted into an shitshow.

Btw am not only blaming central government here so don't think am just bashing BJP. Am also blaming state government, and government of other countries and most importantly WHO. My post sounds negative because this is the biggest f**k up since WW2. You guys are very comfortable sitting in your 3 bedroom air conditioned apartments without looking at this from the perspective of the people who are really suffering,the poor people who lost their jobs,the people who couldn't afford medical treatment and died. Imagine how angry they must be. While you are comfortably sitting on your couch working from home while others are suffering.

The one major criticism I have is delay in action and the initial handling of the migrant crisis. Government should've had the foresight to anticipate it and let people return to their homes. Cases weren't that widespread then and when it eventually happened it was much worse and what ensured our defeat against the virus. 

The Shitstorm started with the Jamat event. That really hurt us, all jamatis went all over the country and hid themselves infecting god knows how many. 

That Leader still walks free and its all forgotten now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

But government also feared that this will spread into small villages with no infrastructure. Anyway it was absolutely worst handling

It was the right call, spreading this in villages is catostrophic. But well politics ruined it. 

I don't have an air conditioning. Have an home loan to pay. So please stop assuming things bro. 

Atleast you still have your job bro so consider yourself blessed. Do you know how many people have lost their livelihood due to this? I myself almost got laid off but got lucky and was retained. Btw my dad hasn't been able to get to work because trains have been shut since March.

29 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

People stopped caring because state and central government stopped caring. People follow what government says. Same in usa and other countries. Just enjoy this shitshow and brace for herd immunity.

Ok :giggle:

Government had to enforce WhAT iT SaYs here with the stick of the cops and centrally decreed lockdowns.

The Government still says "wear masks", "maintain social distancing" wagera but nobody gives a sh*t unless it is backed with the danda or the gun.

People never did even when this all started back in March, without any lockdown everything would go as usual, nobody would care to wear mask, or do social distancing, or staying in their f**king house, even if the Supreme Leader screeched these commands every day from the ramparts of the Red Fort :rofl:

9 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

When i say nobody i mean 99% of people shut themselves in. There's always those 1% people. I mean its funny people shutting themselves in at 1000 case but don't care when 2000000 cases.

18 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

No bro, people stopped caring after government stopped caring. Nobody used to leave their house until we were in complete lockdown. Only since unlock 1.0 started people started taking it less seriously.

Are you really this daft? :lol:  or is this a part of generic MODI BAD THALI BAJAO DIYA JALAO bullshit?

This entire country is built on bend-the-rules, bribe-the-rulemaker culture, nobody would obey squat here unless enforced with the stick :rofl:

The alternative to this """"shitshow"""" is Lockdown again, police state again, you lose your jobs, everyone else does too, exports crash, people are too spooked to spend, economy contracts, nobody wants to invest, this country permanently becomes like Brazil or South Africa, the "Middle Income Trap" without actually even being a middle income country, Corona will go eventually, the more you do Lockdown boogaloo the more the damaged the economy gets to the point of permanent non-recovery.

In the end you have to "Ride the Tiger" that is corona, the only country that has seemingly "defeated" Coronavirus is it's manufacturer country :giggle:

The EU countries had to suffer, the US is still suffering, idk about how Brazil Russia are handling all this, Lockdowns were done in hopes of minimizing the rates of Infection and death, but then this is India :rofl:

2 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Btw am not only blaming central government here so don't think am just bashing BJP. Am also blaming central government, and government of other countries and most importantly WHO. My post sounds negative because this is the biggest f**k up since WW2. You guys are very comfortable sitting in your 3 bedroom air conditioned apartments without looking at this from the perspective of the people who are really suffering,the poor people who lost their jobs,the people who couldn't afford medical treatment and died. Imagine how angry they must be. While you are comfortably sitting on your couch working from home while others are suffering.

Just some posts above you were singing about WHY THE f**k DID THIS FASCIST FEKU STOP LOCKDOWN AND DO THIS UNLOCK BULLSHIT NOW EVERYONE DOESN'T CARE REEEEEEEEE.

All your muh poor people lose jobs, migrant crisis bullshit happened because everyone( by which i mean 99% of "intellectuals" world wide and the main opposition party ) was screaming for a bloody Lockdown or apocalyptic things would happen apparently, 56 inch sarkar got spooked, and we had 3 months continous Lockdown

No Lockdown, no migrant crisis, no people losing their job across all levels, no economy down, but it would be INDIA NUMBA ONE with 1 crore cases or more today :rofl: instead of the what 25 lakh now

When some new disease like this Flu with Chinese Characteristics appears, You have to choose between one shitty scenario or the other, and our Sarkar like every fence sitting Sarkar in the globe, decided to get both the shitty scenarios eventually

Economy down, and he gets sh*t thrown at him from random internet people because of increasing numbers :rofl:

3 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Atleast you still have your job bro so consider yourself blessed. Do you know how many people have lost their livelihood due to this?

Dude who said I have a job!!!????? STOP ASSUMING THINGS MAN! I have a shop , main season is the ganapti season and we don't have even 10% of sales. We are hardly able to manage our workers . I don't get what's wrong with you.

5 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Btw my dad hasn't been able to get to work because trains have been shut since March.

Again the government has two things to think. To start the trains but then spread would be catastrophic, or to keep it closed but people would loose Thier jobs. This isnt a one way street.

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Migrants would've returned anyway. In the beginning cases were low it wouldn't have spread that much. 

A lot of them have stayed here yet. And now will return . I honestly think this pandemic has f***** everyone from government to experts.

Let me just talk about some positive things i feel that also has happened due to the Coronavirus because i only talk negative.

1. People now pay more attention to cleanliness and hygiene.

2. Because of lockdown, number of deaths due to road accidents have drastically reduced. India had highest number of deaths due to accidents which has been avoided due to nobody leaving their homes.

3. I got a 3 month break from work (no work from home) so just chilled at home and was able to finish my backlog of games

Will try to think of more positives but this is all for now.

• Like 1