The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

While what y'all are saying is 100% correct, but do keep in mind 0 contact delivery in Bigbasket is a scam. Every time I order( and i order regularly), I have to go down and stand with a bag wide open while the delivery guy picks out items , 1 by 1 by hand, and places them in my bag. 

Grofers and Amazon pantry areq the only one offering proper no contact delivery but sadly their selection is limited.

Have raise this with Bigbasket multiple times, along with the issue of not using refrigersted vans for delivery of chilled items or atleast using dry ice for packing , but their Customer care is garbage at taking feedback.

Edited by playstationdude

14 minutes ago, Right said:

there is one dimwit on twitter, keeps giving dates....last date he gave was 7th July, before that 29th May.

none of these buggers could even predict this pandemic in Dec 19.

Why aren't these charlatans b& ? :rofl:

Literally superstition

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Monday numbers are usually low so they will save us. But we will snatch that no 2 spot by Wednesday.

Also, my father's friend's daughter in law got corona, she was admitted in a private hospital. Her condition was critical, and she needed some medicine/injection worth rs 5K. But it was out of stock everywhere, so her husband started contacting pharmacists etc. One pharmacist in Vashi said he can give it but for 1 lakh. They agreed, he asked 40k upfront and 60k on delivery. They paid and went to Vashi, picked up the medicine and paid remaining 60k. Came back to Pune, and when they were in elevator, they got a call that she passed away in hospital. She was 46 years old.

Now how f**ked up is this situation? Bed shortages everywhere, medicines going out of stock, and people are roaming freely with complete disregard. About that medicine, they kept saying Injection, but I think they were talking about Remdesivir?

Thats so sad to hear and the injection thing is alarming. Now seeing more reports of ppl complaining about complications after recovering from the virus.

1 minute ago, SpearHea:D said:

Thats so sad to hear and the injection thing is alarming. Now seeing more reports of ppl complaining about complications after recovering from the virus.

Yes. My friend who recovered has lot of weakness and did a full health checkup along with additional blood tests. His family doctor has asked him to repeat the tests after 2 months to make sure everything is normal. He is doing for all his family who recovered, and his dad who got discharged from hospital is at like 10% of his normal self. Loads of tests for him too.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

While what y'all are saying is 100% correct, but do keep in mind 0 contact delivery in Bigbasket is a scam. Every time I order( and i order regularly), I have to go down and stand with a bag wide open while the delivery guy picks out items , 1 by 1 by hand, and places them in my bag. 

Grofers and Amazon pantry areq the only one offering proper no contact delivery but sadly their selection is limited.

Have raise this with Bigbasket multiple times, along with the issue of not using refrigersted vans for delivery of chilled items or atleast using dry ice for packing , but their Customer care is garbage at taking feedback.

True. Same here. Half of them only wear mask unless asked. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

I haven't seen a street vendor/hawker that doesn't have Paytm barcode sticker stuck somewhere in a long time. 

About 50/50 split here. Vegetable vendors take, fruit vendors don't. 

48 minutes ago, Right said:

That's a different debate but there are far too many charlatans than those who genuinely get things right.

And even for the genuine ones there are limits...

It's not a hard science, it is not purely religion.

This is how so many "fakes" appear, you aren't sure what the "real" ones are.

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Wuhan Beat the Virus. Now It’s Moving on by Shutting Out the World

The city has become a template for the new China, where controlling the narrative is as important as controlling Covid-19.

The Chinese """Model""" only works as long as there is employment, prosperity, social mobility for their people.

CHINA NUMBA WAN, WITHOUT CCP THERE WUD BE NO CHAINA again work on the same concept.

Information control can only go so far when the reality on the ground is starkly different.

If the """"world""""" wants to get the CCP government there to behave, it must take away it's manufacturing and other outsourcing activities away from China, the Chinese find their livelihoods evaporating, eventually they will correlate the CCP's stunts with their discomfort, and so you have a chance of a "rebellion".

Inspite of big bucks government money being pumped, Chinese employment/industry is still predicated on the whole factory of the world meme, machines are bought based on global demand, workers hired on global demand, companies are created to take a crumb of the pie that is global demand.

What spooked the chinese govt is not the disease itself, but what would happen if the livelihoods and businesses of Chinese were lost thanks to the disease and lockdown.

Their entire history is basically Empires being destroyed because peasant and army rebelling against some degenerate and incompetent Imperial Dynasty

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

We put in a bag out, then back away and the guy fills the bag with our stuff and backs away. This is at least a bit better than what you are currently doing, maybe try it out?

Wonder if people realise how lucky they are to have Big Basket and Grocers and options. And then it pisses me off to no end to read about how some are willing to game the system for some petty sh*t like COD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Maharashtra 23.5k cases. New records daily.

Delhi over 3k cases

Pune City also registered over 2k cases. Soon we will hit 1 lakh mark. Today one Covid patient in Thane hospital committed suicide because the doctors were ignoring him.

And this sick f**k opened up Pune because of pressure from traders:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/pune-news/lockdown-was-lifted-due-to-pressure-from-traders-ajit-pawar-on-raut-s-remarks/story-m51sIgwofBjHrgNajIQNcP.html

Edited by Big Boss

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Pune City also registered over 2k cases. Soon we will hit 1 lakh mark. Today one Covid patient in Thane hospital committed suicide because the doctors were ignoring him.

And this sick f**k opened up Pune because of pressure from traders:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/pune-news/lockdown-was-lifted-due-to-pressure-from-traders-ajit-pawar-on-raut-s-remarks/story-m51sIgwofBjHrgNajIQNcP.html

The whole country is opening up because of the economic damage of lockdown. Whether we like it or not, an economy like ours where majority of the employment is in the unorganised  sector, we just cannot survive lockdowns.

I'm just sweating thinking about what will happen when metro restarts on 9th here. Once the metro starts, I expect most companies will ask employees to start reporting back to office.

60 lakh travellers daily. Even at reduced capacity I expect no less than 20-30 lakhs daily. f**k.

Ok, just for the sake of it and I was also told to ask them, don't bother replying if you don't find it worth it.

Just asked a vegetable vendor on cycle who gives vegetables to many houses in the colony.

I asked if he has Paytm to which he replied :

No, don't even keep a phone, i lost it long time ago in the market. 

Did you ever had Paytm : no.

Why not ? : cash ka Dhanda hi purata hai, the main market everyone buys vegetables from doesn't take Paytm etc, so we need cash, today's cash will be used to buy more vegetables tomorrow.

How many vegetable vendors you know use Paytm : hardly one or two I know, most don't and even if they have everyone prefers cash.

16 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

How many vegetable vendors you know use Paytm : hardly one or two I know, most don't and even if they have everyone prefers cash.

Which city are you in?

In Bangalore, I have paid roadside cobblers also with PhonePe.

Leave that, even Temples accept PayTm these days.