The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

9 minutes ago, Right said:

We are going to cross 1L today. Omg

Honestly nothing OMG level here. Told my friend will be 1lakh a day by end of August. A bit late but we are here. End of this month we will be anywhere near 1.8-2 lakhs? Sole reason is people don't care now. And you can see it on the streets itself.

9 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

So the American idiot knew about the deadlines of the virus back in Feb but did not want public to panic so downplayed it. (Said it on tape) its all over the news. How many of you think this was the right thing to do , or it was Absolutely wrong? 

It is relevant anymore? We're about to hit 1L cases in a day, talking about some american idiot isn't fruitful by any means. I think this thread has already established quite a few facts about Americans being dumb idiots. 

12 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Feel so dejected when I go out. So many people not using proper masks. Idiots will doom us all. 

Sometimes I feel like this is the theme of the thread lol :P

Can't be helped man, its every man for himself. Stay home as much as possible, there ain't any point in policing dumbf**ks (unless you're a certain shopkeeper in Goa :fear1:

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Had booked a hotel room for 4 nights in Goa. Developed cold feet just before leaving for the trip at 6 am today. So freaking scared of this sh*t now. Have an infant daughter too. Told my parents that I couldn't sleep at night so it isn't safe to drive. 

Pat yourself on the back for a good decision. 

Left the house and drove up north on Sunday. Wife wanted to meet her aunt. The difference between South Goa and North Goa is stark. Its like there's no pandemic. No one in masks, restaurants open, stores open, people gathered in groups smoking, drinking etc. And at the moment cases are more in the north than south. 

30 minutes ago, Walker said:

Pat yourself on the back for a good decision. 

Left the house and drove up north on Sunday. Wife wanted to meet her aunt. The difference between South Goa and North Goa is stark. Its like there's no pandemic. No one in masks, restaurants open, stores open, people gathered in groups smoking, drinking etc. And at the moment cases are more in the north than south. 

Well Pune is the worst affected place but at least i see people wearing mask. Not much social distancing in the area i live but mask they wear. I am surprised hearing this about goa though. I had this impression that goans normally follow more rules than the rest of the country.

Also how did you guess North Goa Hotel?

23 minutes ago, adity said:

Travelling with an infant is a terrible decision since they can't wear masks and haven't developed much in the name of immunity. 

Yeah I am primarily concerned of her well being more. That was the main trigger. 

4 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Well Pune is the worst affected place but at least i see people wearing mask. Not much social distancing in the area i live but mask they wear. I am surprised hearing this about goa though. I had this impression that goans normally follow more rules than the rest of the country.

Also how did you guess North Goa Hotel?

Yeah I am primarily concerned of her well being more. That was the main trigger. 

Goans are as stupid or as smart as anywhere else.

I think I remember you saying you were considering a 5star in baga a couple of weeks back. Tbh I came back home from that drive and cancelled a villa I had booked for next week. Now looking for something in the south. I'll take the bike and stake out how things are this side as well since I haven't been anywhere in a while.

20 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Yeah even I was thinking on the lines of getting an Airbnb. But my wife said that it wont be a vacation for her.

Women hate AirBnB.

My wife doesn’t like hotels where she can’t order room service. It has to do Tea/coffee in room at bare minimum.

I remember one of the places we stayed abroad where we paid more for room service in a day than the room rent.

25 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Yeah even I was thinking on the lines of getting an Airbnb. But my wife said that it wont be a vacation for her.

Agreed. Different in my case as I'm the designated cook on most outings :lol:

Also we order in from local restaurants if they're good (always recon that first) and we ask them to send disposable cutlery so dishwashing is minimal. 

We rarely ever leave the location since we've seen most of what's on offer outside so a vacation for us normally is us sitting in a verandah or in a garden with a few beers, lazing with a book or playing boardgames.

Was also looking for a month lease as well as a change of scenery but finding a place with stable power and reliable internet connection has been a task. Not to mention lugging our rigs with us and having enough power outlets for 2 pcs and 4 monitors.

7 minutes ago, Right said:

Women hate AirBnB.

My wife doesn’t like hotels where she can’t order room service. It has to do Tea/coffee in room at bare minimum.

I remember one of the places we stayed abroad where we paid more for room service in a day than the room rent.

Oh tell me about it. Ever since I took a full board room in Goa last year my wife wouldnt go to any place that doesn't offer this option.

I had to take full board even now after Bfast and dinner was already available. She made me take lunch option as well.

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Had weirdly good luck today. 

Had to go to a shop. 

- Going to the shop the auto rickshaw I took had a plastic partition

- In the shop everyone was wearing a mask

- Coming home also (a different) auto had a plastic partition

A lot of autos I see in Pune have the plastic partition. Imho an auto is safer to travel than uber/ola cab. A lot of ventilation and the partition makes it even better. 

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Agreed. Different in my case as I'm the designated cook on most outings :lol:

Also we order in from local restaurants if they're good (always recon that first) and we ask them to send disposable cutlery so dishwashing is minimal. 

We rarely ever leave the location since we've seen most of what's on offer outside so a vacation for us normally is us sitting in a verandah or in a garden with a few beers, lazing with a book or playing boardgames.

Was also looking for a month lease as well as a change of scenery but finding a place with stable power and reliable internet connection has been a task. Not to mention lugging our rigs with us and having enough power outlets for 2 pcs and 4 monitors.

I too offered her the same option of cooking and ordering in. But in my case my wife would take pity on me and help eventually. That's why she said no airbnbs. I checked some really good ones in Goa. Better than a lot of so called five stars. Have their pvt pools as well. I was even ready for a week or more.

16 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Oh tell me about it. Ever since I took a full board room in Goa last year my wife wouldnt go to any place that doesn't offer this option.

I had to take full board even now after Bfast and dinner was already available. She made me take lunch option as well.

:D

And fact I have to iterate to her every time that Room Service isn't even available in even one of the big hotels in the US or it is ridiculously expensive. so she should stop making fuss about it.

Once I stayed in an big-a*s Marriott which had like 2 full time people (one receptionist and 1 assistant) to look after entire hotel..

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I envy you guys who can go to Goa even now. It's my favorite holiday destination in India. Well, I planned to be in Goa on Christmas this year to celebrate my son's first birthday. And Corona struck. Hopefully, we can go somewhere near Delhi by Dec.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Goa is equivalent of Shimla/Kullu Manali for people down south distance wise. :P

I like Goa cuz it is the only True tourist destination in India. Have so many options and facilities. At times a lot better than a lot of other beach destinations i have been to abroad.