The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

5 minutes ago, silica said:

This is sadly already happening ; primarily to uneducated/migrant/old people who are not used to smartphones :(

So how about we educate them instead of blaming software that helps in avoiding/spreading the disease.

The same can happen with cash as well, just take the cash, then say I didn't get it.

He is not fooling me.

And I NEVER SAID THAT.

And never blamed the app.

Only relation to the previous thing was

majority vendors are unaware of it,otherwise no other inference,

its just an incident of misunderstanding and I feeling guilty and he feeling losing money.

He is unaware of the app and didn't understand what I was saying the whole time about Paytm.

He accepted that he misunderstood.

Also, at the end he was as like : aaye to achaa hai nahi aaye to bi chal jaega.

He felt like he was conned.

I told him to get it checked with his son from his son's smartphone.

I feel like going back tomorrow and paying him again with cash if he isn't able to figure it out.

Edited by GunnerY2J

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

So how about we educate them instead of blaming software that helps in avoiding/spreading the disease.

The same can happen with cash as well, just take the cash, then say I didn't get it.

I am doing what I can. But, at times it is so frustrating even with tech savvy people who do not know that Google Pay id, Amazon pay id, phone pe id, et al. are their UPI id issued by that payment interface. I have asked many people for their UPI id and they proceed to say that they do not have an UPI id but they do have a Google Pay id.

To prevent companies from locking people in to using only  their app, we also need to educate people about different processors and the fact that they can link their bank account to multiple UPI processors.

Edited by silica
P.S: I am not blaming any software, but we have to do what we can to educate people as you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, silica said:

I am doing what I can. But, at times it is so frustrating even with tech savvy people who do not know that Google Pay id, Amazon pay id, phone pe id, et al. are their UPI id issued by that payment interface. I have asked many people for their UPI id and they proceed to say that they do not have an UPI id but they do have a Google Pay id.

Not everyone has multiple UPI apps right, even those who aren't tech savy will have just or two at best.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not everyone has multiple UPI apps right, even those who aren't tech savy will have just or two at best.

I have only one UPI app. But, we have educate people that they are not locked into one app and that they can stop using Paytm UPI and move over to XYZ UPI app or another UPI app.

Many companies are advertising their app as a different payment interface platform from other companies; when they are all utilising the same underlying payment interface.

Edited by silica

6 minutes ago, adity said:

When demonetisation happened, I went to a music festival in Pune from Mumbai. I had only INR 300 cash on me. I went there, stayed for 3 days, travelled, had street food as well and came back to Mumbai with INR 250 in my wallet. These are just excuses to be irresponsible. 

Besides no one is saying just stop using cash. If its unavoidable use it. But using loopholes to get Cash on Delivery from online shopping portals is just a dick move. 

If someone wants to be irresponsible, they'll find 100 excuses and justifications to continue their behavior all of them wrong. 

@adity @Snake was just responding to post regarding educating people about how they can use multiple UPI apps and not be locked into only one app. He is not defending irresponsible behaviour by people.

Honestly, if not for the current situation I would still be using cash over digital payments. I prefer having anonymity regarding any purchases I make.

Edited by silica

38 minutes ago, adity said:

When demonetisation happened, I went to a music festival in Pune from Mumbai. I had only INR 300 cash on me. I went there, stayed for 3 days, travelled, had street food as well and came back to Mumbai with INR 250 in my wallet. These are just excuses to be irresponsible. 

Besides no one is saying just stop using cash. If its unavoidable use it. But using loopholes to get Cash on Delivery from online shopping portals is just a dick move. 

If someone wants to be irresponsible, they'll find 100 excuses and justifications to continue their behavior all of them wrong. 

wrong post quote Kiya tu bhai

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I wish everyone would move to digital just for the sole reason i dont want to f**king deal with "chutta de do na" such a pain in the a*s

It's the opposite for me.

Have lots of change.

Have given 1000 RS of just coins plenty of times at big basket or grocery stores. 

Banks don't accept coins.

(This was before)

Edited by GunnerY2J

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I mentioned in the Destiny discord that I'm from India, and people were immediately concerned about me and the state of pandemic, how are people handling such massive spikes, they must sh*t-scared etc. And I'm like..

f68a1925fe5926eccb029292c952c1f4.gif

You should tell them people are thinking of whether to cook mutton or butter chicken next, on IVG.

1 hour ago, adity said:

I regulary have to hear taunts from my mom for keeping only 100 or zero rs in wallet. But why would i ? Almost everyone now accepts upi. If they dont an ATM is almost nearby, and if not il just skip it . 

34 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I wish everyone would move to digital just for the sole reason i dont want to f**king deal with "chutta de do na" such a pain in the a*s

Man this sucks so much. I mean the guy would just say "Chutta nae he" and then just look at me, like bhai toh kya karna he wo toh batao??

Coming to frauds this happens with almost everything. I have seen even educated people falling to it. I mean its simple, when you are on the receiving end you dont have to enter OTP or scan any code! One simple rule and your safe from 99% of scams. if you cant do that nothing and nobody can help. Youll be scammed one way or other.

21 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Bhai this is 12 hour old post. Let's check today's numbers now. Maybe we will cross 1 lakh.

Sure will cross today or by tommorow