The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

44 minutes ago, adity said:

It's a pain only if you can't research or read. 

Works for 80 hours. Just keep it in a paper bag when not in use. We have been using it for a few months. No more inconvenient than any other mask. 

INR 130 mask can last you a month easily if you don't get out much. Besides surgical masks are single use. You can't wash them either. 

I tried doing this method. Use once,keep it out for 3 days and use again but its a pain when you get out every once n while for something . Cant be buying so many masks and take care of them separately. Plus after doing this for about 3 times, i simply didnt want to wear it coz it gets sweaty n all. Yuck. 

For 4 days i had to go out continously for some urgent work n imagine using 4 different masks for each day n then seprately keeping them away for 3 days,now do this for 4 peeps n understand.

Surgical is fine now,use once n throw. 

The UVC machines are a great alternative to keeping the masks in a paper bag. 

We use the machine to sterilize the masks on a daily basis for house help. 

Besides, good for sterilizing food items which cannot be cleaned with alcohol. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

37 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The UVC machines are a great alternative to keeping the masks in a paper bag. 

We use the machine to sterilize the masks on a daily basis for house help. 

Besides, good for sterilizing food items which cannot be cleaned with alcohol. 

Can you give link of uv machine?

Israel becomes first nation to announce a second coronavirus lockdown

Blighted by one of the highest levels of coronavirus infection, with more than 4,000 new cases daily, it is about to become the first country to go back into national lockdown.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/israel-becomes-first-nation-to-announce-a-second-coronavirus-lockdown-mbtfnwbrd

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Indian government considering emergency use authorization of Vaccines for the elderly population. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2640BO

I really hope we get vaccine by december as per reports.

Really need to end this f**kery. 

Saw a series of disturbing videos.

A patient died, his abusive relatives weren’t accepting that he is dead, and threatened Hospital staff to put on ventilator. They were thinking that oxygen being pumped is actually heart beat, created major ruckus in hospital.

I think Hospital security staff should be allowed to use force against such ppl.

8 hours ago, Right said:

Saw a series of disturbing videos.

A patient died, his abusive relatives weren’t accepting that he is dead, and threatened Hospital staff to put on ventilator. They were thinking that oxygen being pumped is actually heart beat, created major ruckus in hospital.

I think Hospital security staff should be allowed to use force against such ppl.

This is why what this COUNTRY needs is basic education to all first. I mean they came into COVID ICU without MASKS????

11 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

This is why what this COUNTRY needs is basic education to all first. I mean they came into COVID ICU without MASKS????

Lack of Masks was the least bother.

They might have given heart-attacks to Doctors/nurses other patients by the abuses they were hurling non-stop.

Everyone is getting education these days but they are becoming more uncivil and mobcratic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cash said:

Edit - I wouldn't be surprised if i was positive if i just checked randomly.

Same here. One of our relatives came from pune had absolutely zero symptoms. But since they came from an highly infected city they thought of getting tested. All 3 tested positive. They did not take any medicine except paracetamol and some ayurvedic for cough(they had no cough but for precaution ) . Been 4 days now they are totally fine.

As usual, everyone on top of all the bad news. But no one thought to post this -

From Source:

Oxford university and AstraZeneca are to resume the international clinical trial of their proposed coronavirus vaccine candidate. Speculation that there might be a significant delay in the much-watched study turns out to have been unjustified. The trial was paused last Sunday when a participant fell ill in the UK, the university said this afternoon, though news that it had been put on hold did not leak out till Wednesday.

A rapid review by the trial’s independent safety review committee and national regulators has now concluded that it is safe to resume inoculating new participants. All follow-up appointments with people already vaccinated continued as normal during the week’s pause, the university said

Altogether 18,000 individuals have received the AZD1222 vaccine as part of the trial, which is taking place in the UK, US, South Africa and Brazil. “In large trials such as this, it is expected that some participants will become unwell and every case must be carefully evaluated to ensure careful assessment of safety,” Oxford said in a statement.

On Thursday the company’s chief executive Pascal Soriot said a vaccine “by the end of this year, early next year” was still possible if the trial resumed quickly — as indeed it has. “I still think we are on track for having a set of data we would submit before the end of the year and then it depends how fast regulators will review it and give approval,” he said.

Although results — showing the vaccine’s safety and efficacy — are anticipated later this year, the timing will depend on the rate of infection within the clinical trial populations. The worse the pandemic becomes, the sooner statistically significant findings will be available.

“In developing any new drug, safety is of paramount importance,” said Professor Fiona Watt, executive chair of the UK Medical Research Council. “It is therefore very reassuring to hear that trials of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine will resume following review by an independent safety committee and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.”

This is the second time the Oxford-AstraZeneca trial has been put on hold and people associated with the study expect further pauses before it finishes. “We are committed to the safety of our participants and the highest standards of conduct in our studies and will continue to monitor safety closely,” said Oxford.

Sourcehttps://www.ft.com/content/588cebbc-cbae-45ba-8b9a-e8ad2760c0ed

So Oxford/Astra Zeneca Vaccine trial is back on!!

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

As usual, everyone on top of all the bad news. But no one thought to post this -

From Source:

Oxford university and AstraZeneca are to resume the international clinical trial of their proposed coronavirus vaccine candidate. Speculation that there might be a significant delay in the much-watched study turns out to have been unjustified. The trial was paused last Sunday when a participant fell ill in the UK, the university said this afternoon, though news that it had been put on hold did not leak out till Wednesday.

A rapid review by the trial’s independent safety review committee and national regulators has now concluded that it is safe to resume inoculating new participants. All follow-up appointments with people already vaccinated continued as normal during the week’s pause, the university said

Sourcehttps://www.ft.com/content/588cebbc-cbae-45ba-8b9a-e8ad2760c0ed

So Oxford/Astra Zeneca Vaccine trial is back on!!

I would have shared it but for that I have to know it first. Sadly no news media reported this. Thank you for sharing this here! Looks like by march 2021 we might have a vaccine. But until then where would be India is to-be seen ?

6 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

I would have shared it but for that I have to know it first. Sadly no news media reported this. Thank you for sharing this here! Looks like by march 2021 we might have a vaccine. But until then where would be India is to-be seen ?

I wrote that because the news is 1 day old. Meanwhile, when Oxford Vaccine stopped, people reported it instantly. Everyone here is posting about all conspiracy theories of Wuhan Lab, bad number predictions, MP/MLA getting infected and all doom and gloom scenarios - all of which were updated today. No positivity at all!

Edited by roun90