The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Just now, KnackChap said:

Classic Sun Tzu. This is what they want you to believe. Bigger empires have fallen and they shall too. 

Here an example of the invincible Chinese PLA at ladakh. 

??

What we believe or not is irrelevant, Governments world wide believe this, people like Trump who try to punish Chinese are getting stymied everywhere.

My point is either because of greed or fear of "mighty PLA" nobody wants to take anti-China actions worldwide.

There is a lack of will to punish them basically.

3 hours ago, AnK said:

You don’t need individual evidence to prove fundamental characteristics of a Virus 

the genetic purpose is to stay alive as long as possible 

if it kills more & more hosts or causes harm to them it won’t be able to do that longer 

It mutates as it crosses from body to body to cause lesser havoc on the immune system 

the Spanish flu or any other virus in historic times didn’t fizzle out because of a vaccine 

it just mutated to become a common occurrence in our bodies 

Same is expected & is being experienced with this Virus 

Yesterday was the record death worldwide with almost 9000 dead people/day since pandemic began.

Read this:

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/coronavirus/news/those-under-40-are-paying-the-price-for-taking-covid-19-lightly/articleshow/78438483.cms

Just because media has moved on, doesn't mean virus is weak. It's as deadly as before and people below 40 are now getting owned for ignoring it.

5 minutes ago, adity said:

In hindsight I probably got the virus too. I had 100 ish fever for about 10-12 days, bad body ache and felt kinda cold in the chest while breathing (could point towards breathing issues idk). Still had sense of taste and smell though and doctor didn't prescribe covid test. Luckily turned out fine but I lost like 4-5 kg. 

Yes sounds like Covid. Normal flu won't make you loose 5 kg weight. You are lucky it didn't worsen. Take more care as people who got infected 2nd time had more severe infection.

Yeah also people seem to have this false sense of security reading reports of how people never knew they were infected and recovered on their own etc. Case in point my brother - Dude visits my parents, goes out to meet his friend, no mask etc. Says I probably have already got it and recovered as well. So many people have.

I don't even :wallbash:

Like f**k where has everyone's brains gone? All of us including my wife, siblings and myself are fortunate enough that we have jobs that have always been WFH, why waste that gift?

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Who are these 2nd timers?!?

do you know anyone personally 

or by a sureshot proven link?!?

Quite a few links posted in this thread itself. First case was a 27 year old Bangalore woman.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Yeah also people seem to have this false sense of security reading reports of how people never knew they were infected and recovered on their own etc. Case in point my brother - Dude visits my parents, goes out to meet his friend, no mask etc. Says I probably have already got it and recovered as well. So many people have.

I don't even :wallbash:

Like f**k where has everyone's brains gone? All of us including my wife, siblings and myself are fortunate enough that we have jobs that have always been WFH, why waste that gift?

Lol, same happened to a friend of mine.

He met someone and few days later got to know that the person got tested +ve for covid.

A week later my friend had mild fever and cough but it vanished in a couple of days.

He thought that he had covid and recovered. Started taking it for granted thinking he won't get it again. Started taking wearing masks casually etc.

Now last week, he started feeling weak and had a blocked nose. Got the test, came out to be +ve. What an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Who are these 2nd timers?!?

do you know anyone personally 

or by a sureshot proven link?!?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/coronavirus-reinfection-cases-in-india-what-does-it-mean-for-vaccine-development/photostory/77971993.cms?picid=77972019

This is one I had seen. Not sure if there were more reports.

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Lol, same happened to a friend of mine.

He met someone and few days later got to know that the person got tested +ve for covid.

A week later my friend had mild fever and cough but it vanished in a couple of days.

He thought that he had covid and recovered. Started taking it for granted thinking he won't get it again. Started taking wearing masks casually etc.

Now last week, he started feeling weak and had a blocked nose. Got the test, came out to be +ve. What an idiot.

Damn. Just goes to prove that people have seriously lowered their guards. Its one thing to know that supposed death rate is low, its another thing altogether to believe it won't be serious. Its like those guys who'll zoom along on bikes without a helmet saying "I have the best control, won't happen to me". Yeah moron the out of control drunk driver coming the opposite way doesn't know or care. It's called an "accident" for a reason. 

A relative (brother-in-law of my cousin brother) died of Covid related complications yesterday. He was around 45-50 years old and had high blood sugar. Was admit for 21 days, then discharged after he tested negative. Just one day later he had a heart attack and died. 

Testing negative is not enough. It causes severe damage to the lungs and blood vessels and increases chances of having a stroke, heart attack, pneumonia, etc. later on. 

Those who have survived need to be very careful. 

Exact same thing happened to dude in my society. He was 30, discharged after being tested negative. No pre existing medical condition. Died the day after he got home from the hospital.

I'm friends with his younger sister, she made him a cake and everything the day he came home, but he died to heart attack the very next day.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk