The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

54 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

At this point its getting unbearable to sit locked up at home. I wasnt the kind of person who was very social to begin with, but atleast I could go to the gym at the end of a shitty day and have an hour of peace. 

I think I'm gonna start going to the society clubhouse gym with gloves and sanitizer spray at least twice a week to start with. Anyway barely 2-3 people are using the gym in the whole day.

48 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I've been wanting to go to my local joggers park. Held off till now. Dunno how safe it is.

Better to go in a open area than a closed one. Park > Gym. 

33 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Wish her a very speedy recovery buddy. Similar thing happened with my parents. Sometime Last week of September my mother(57-58) got a sore throat and some fever, took some antibiotics and recovered on her own but then my father (74) started showing symptoms. Strangely he didn't have much cough or cold but some sort of headache with loss of appetite and tastelessness and by Oct 10-11 his condition started getting a bit worse.  I flew to my village from mumbai and our family physician recommended a CT scan after oxygen levels dropped to 83-84 & xray showed some lung saturation. CT scan confirmed it and doctor said it's better to get admitted in hospital considering his age. 

Hospital did a covid test, which came out positive the next day. the doctors gave him remdec (remdesivir) for 5-6 days and he responded to the medications well with the slight cough and fever going after the first dose itself. The hospital discharged him after a week. Hes back at home & some Weakness still remains but overall he's getting better and in much better shape than he was 2 weeks ago. Now I suspect even my mom had it but he got cured on her own. They don't even go anywhere and all the supplies are either bought to our home by the driver and the shop keeper ( who also tested positive btw  just days before my father tested) below our house. 

Here I have to appreciate the role of the state govt of Karnataka. The very next morning after his covid result came positive (I had given my number for OTP), got a call from our nearby govt hospital doctor enquiring about his health and medical history and told me not to worry and said it's better to get admitted to hospital given his age and whether we wanted to go for a govt or Pvt hospital, told her we already admitted him 2 days ago. Few hours later got another called from a govt doctor enquiring about the same thing and telling us not to worry.  Asha workers and local panchayat guys came to our place same day to take down our details and told us they will be doing a test on us in the next couple of days.  Same day got a call from the district collectors office enquiring about the same thing and asking for hospital details and once again telling us not to panic and everything will be fine. This continued for the next few days too, would get a call from local govt hospital doctor, PDO office, DC office enquiring about his health and how he was doing. Heck I even got a call from the helpline number set up by the K govt to call us on this number incase there is anything urgent. Even the doctor who treated him told me to whatsapp him every 2-3 days and give his health update. Even panchayat guys came to check on him after being discharged. Guess it's one of benefits of living in a small town. ?

It's been over 12 days & Our test results never came (results are sent to your mobile directly) but the PDO officials said, only positive cases get notified. The govt also has set up free testing camps here locally but no one is ready to get tested. In our village only 2 people turned up and in adjoining one around 12 and 35 people showed up. 

Wish him a speedy recovery !

And this seems like a smooth process. Good to hear at least some governments are giving a damn and not just going after numbers.

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Wish her a very speedy recovery buddy. Similar thing happened with my parents. Sometime Last week of September my mother(57-58) got a sore throat and some fever, took some antibiotics and recovered on her own but then my father (74) started showing symptoms. Strangely he didn't have much cough or cold but some sort of headache with loss of appetite and tastelessness and by Oct 10-11 his condition started getting a bit worse.  I flew to my village from mumbai and our family physician recommended a CT scan after oxygen levels dropped to 83-84 & xray showed some lung saturation. CT scan confirmed it and doctor said it's better to get admitted in hospital considering his age. 

Hospital did a covid test, which came out positive the next day. the doctors gave him remdec (remdesivir) for 5-6 days and he responded to the medications well with the slight cough and fever going after the first dose itself. The hospital discharged him after a week. Hes back at home & some Weakness still remains but overall he's getting better and in much better shape than he was 2 weeks ago. Now I suspect even my mom had it but he got cured on her own. They don't even go anywhere and all the supplies are either bought to our home by the driver and the shop keeper ( who also tested positive btw  just days before my father tested) below our house. 

Here I have to appreciate the role of the state govt of Karnataka. The very next morning after his covid result came positive (I had given my number for OTP), got a call from our nearby govt hospital doctor enquiring about his health and medical history and told me not to worry and said it's better to get admitted to hospital given his age and whether we wanted to go for a govt or Pvt hospital, told her we already admitted him 2 days ago. Few hours later got another called from a govt doctor enquiring about the same thing and telling us not to worry.  Asha workers and local panchayat guys came to our place same day to take down our details and told us they will be doing a test on us in the next couple of days.  Same day got a call from the district collectors office enquiring about the same thing and asking for hospital details and once again telling us not to panic and everything will be fine. This continued for the next few days too, would get a call from local govt hospital doctor, PDO office, DC office enquiring about his health and how he was doing. Heck I even got a call from the helpline number set up by the K govt to call us on this number incase there is anything urgent. Even the doctor who treated him told me to whatsapp him every 2-3 days and give his health update. Even panchayat guys came to check on him after being discharged. Guess it's one of benefits of living in a small town. ?

It's been over 12 days & Our test results never came (results are sent to your mobile directly) but the PDO officials said, only positive cases get notified. The govt also has set up free testing camps here locally but no one is ready to get tested. In our village only 2 people turned up and in adjoining one around 12 and 35 people showed up. 

Wish him a speedy recovery and good health three on. 

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

You'll get a call only if you are positive. Else you wont be notified.

One of my uncle also got tested for covid couple of weeks back. He has slight fever. After 3 days, his fever was gone but had lot of tiredness and loss of appetite. He's 69. 

They got him tested for Covid and it came out positive. They immediately did a chest CT scan to see if there is any infection of that sort. 
He was admitted in a small hospital. They tried to get a bed in some big hospital, but the doctors insisted, his condition is stable  and asked him to stay in the same hospital. 

In 3/4 days his oxygen level was back to normal and he was discharged last friday. 
Still has lot of tiredness, but other than that, he's doing fine. 

His daughter also got tested positive, she's totally asymptomatic. Was asked to self isolate for 10 days..

Hearing lot of positive stories with respect to covid.

Another family friend also was infected around 2 months back. His condition worsened and had multiple organ failure.
He's in his early 50's. But is insanely obese. Doctors said, obesity is the reason, y the condition is worsened. He was in ICU for over a month.
Thankfully he fully recovered and all his organs are also functional. He's back home now. 

On 8/31/2020 at 11:12 AM, hope said:

Lol really? We have a leader finally to inspire us now. What India you living in.

Since start he is telling people to maintain social distancing,wash hands,be positive n wear masks. Govt. Has run various ads campaigns n what not. Aaarogya setu app was mentioned so many times but dont think many are using it. Do you have it in your phone? 

You gotta be blind to not see how he is inspiring whole India thus the comes the trust of people in him. Every freaking field hes there inspiring us, even gaming too now :)2014 only he started inspiring India by the Swaach bharat Mission :)

The Same news has 80k cases per day headline as first though. You cant conveniently miss that:P

There is no need to fear corona is the message, fight it is the message. Live with it is the message but idiots dont even wear masks so what can you do :doh:

57 minutes ago, Walker said:

:rofl: Shady AF

hope would disagree :P

IMG-20201028-WA0022.jpg

WTFisthisshit. This is going to help no one except the people who'll try to make some money from it. 

Yesterday my friend was caught at mulund-airoli signal by some clean-up guys while driving his car. They said he was wearing his mask improperly (below the nose). He gave them an earful and drove away. 

2 hours ago, Right said:

This is something unique to India.

Watching this makes me so pissed. There's no reason for that, and to top it all think of all the other unwell people. Not surprised, just pissed. We've seen our politicians and in some cases law enforcement do terrible sh*t like beat up toll operators, treat common people like dirt, vandalize public and private property with impunity and its all written off as "emotional at the time but so sorry".

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/523013-white-house-science-office-says-trump-ended-covid-pandemic-as-us-hits

The White House science office listed "ending the COVID-19 pandemic" as the top accomplishment of President Trump's first term, even as the U.S. has set records for new daily infections and numerous hospitals across the country are stretched to their breaking points.

'

funny donald trump GIF

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I think he was making fun of old and epileptic people. Dude is just gross.

Yeah. 

He has called his daughter "a piece of a*s", "voluptuous" etc. (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-ivanka-trump-creepiest-most-unsettling-comments-roundup-a7353876.html)

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

I think he was making fun of old and epileptic people. Dude is just gross.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

He was making fun of a handicapped reporter in that gif

58 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

L*du Lalit sala