The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Reality of corona count:

My uncle (mausaji) in Wardha had fever since last 5-6 days. It was always 99-100 temperature. Doctor asked him to recover at home but didn't recommend corona test. Finally uncle asked him for corona test and he agreed. It came positive and he was admitted in government hospital as they live in a small flat. My mousi (his wife) and my two cousins have no symptoms but doctor asked them to not get tested and asked to quarantine themselves. Earlier, the closed family used to get tested and most of them came positive, symptoms or not. Now they are testing very late in mild symptoms and close family is not being tested. They didn't follow any social distancing when uncle had fever for 5 days, so pretty sure all are infected. I don't know how many such cases are there.

I probably have 50 masks in my car yet I had to shell out 500 rs in fine today. I wasn't wearing a mask in my car and my dad was in the car with me. Thankfully he was wearing one and we didn't end up paying 1000 rs. 

The fine is stupid if I am in the car with a family member. But what can be done. Rules are rules. 

Whole family is smug that of all the people I am the one who got caught mask less after all the hype I created at home about not going out at all and getting everything home delivered even now. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

Spreading like wildfire in my circle.

9 cases this morning in my society, in three different flats.

Each family has 1 daughter, and they all used to hang around together without masks every evening. 

All 3 of them, and their family members have it now. 

I do go out every evening now for walks/jogging, with 1 friend. We wear masks of course. No handshakes/fistbumps/high-fives. 

A bit risky perhaps, but can't stay in a cave forever. 

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I probably have 50 masks in my car yet I had to shell out 500 rs in fine today. I wasn't wearing a mask in my car and my dad was in the car with me. Thankfully he was wearing one and we didn't end up paying 1000 rs. 

The fine is stupid if I am in the car with a family member. But what can be done. Rules are rules. 

Whole family is smug that of all the people I am the one who got caught mask less after all the hype I created at home about not going out at all and getting everything home delivered even now. 

The masks inside cars rule is completely stupid. This is what happens when babus and netas with no knowledge of medicine or fluid dynamics get to make the rules.

If you roll the windows up (which everyone does), you already have a much more effective bubble than a mask.

On 11/8/2020 at 12:09 PM, Felix the cat said:

fear of corona in people is over i guess.

I've read some articles about it. They call it 'corona fatigue.' It has nothing to do with the virus. After months of strictly following rules, people have become tired and want to get back to their normal, old routines.

38 minutes ago, Banz said:

I've read some articles about it. They call it 'corona fatigue.' It has nothing to do with the virus. After months of strictly following rules, people have become tired and want to get back to their normal, old routines.

Back to theire normal life.at the cost of theire life.

Indians are the real daredevils here

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Mandatory wearing masks inside private vehicles with windows closed is the most stupid thing the police is doing right now 

I am sitting with the same ppl in my private indoor spaces aswell 

no one has any real clue what to do so they are just doing what can be done

makes sense or not doesn’t even matter anymore 

49 minutes ago, Banz said:

The masks inside cars rule is completely stupid. This is what happens when babus and netas with no knowledge of medicine or fluid dynamics get to make the rules.

If you roll the windows up (which everyone does), you already have a much more effective bubble than a mask.

I was fined by the traffic police. They were letting off people with tinted windows. And catching people without masks inside car. It is a stupid rule but I couldn't really argue. At least all my smug family members and I would make it a point to wear at least a surgical mask and travel in the car.

26 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I was fined by the traffic police. They were letting off people with tinted windows. And catching people without masks inside car. It is a stupid rule but I couldn't really argue. At least all my smug family members and I would make it a point to wear at least a surgical mask and travel in the car.

Stupid rule. Just saw home minister get out of his SUV and then wear a mask. Rules apply to only common folks I guess.

Should be made compulsory in public transport and cabs/autos not private vehicles. Rule is just there to swindle innocent folks and makeup for the shortfall in collection from the lockdown period. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Reality of corona count:

My uncle (mausaji) in Wardha had fever since last 5-6 days. It was always 99-100 temperature. Doctor asked him to recover at home but didn't recommend corona test. Finally uncle asked him for corona test and he agreed. It came positive and he was admitted in government hospital as they live in a small flat. My mousi (his wife) and my two cousins have no symptoms but doctor asked them to not get tested and asked to quarantine themselves. Earlier, the closed family used to get tested and most of them came positive, symptoms or not. Now they are testing very late in mild symptoms and close family is not being tested. They didn't follow any social distancing when uncle had fever for 5 days, so pretty sure all are infected. I don't know how many such cases are there.

Similar issue. My daughter's god parents both tested positive last night. Their son, my godchild who's 5, has not been tested and neither has the newborn (2 weeks old). While he has been hospitalised she has been advised home quarantine. To top it all his parents had come to stay over as his wife (god mother) had just delivered. His parents have now gone back home taking my godchild with them. I'm wondering why his parents were not tested considering they're both 60+ and his dad has heart and respiratory conditions. Not sure about newborns but I'd expect old people and kids to be tested considering they were all living together for a few days in a 1bhk?

31 minutes ago, Walker said:

Similar issue. My daughter's god parents both tested positive last night. Their son, my godchild who's 5, has not been tested and neither has the newborn (2 weeks old). While he has been hospitalised she has been advised home quarantine. To top it all his parents had come to stay over as his wife (god mother) had just delivered. His parents have now gone back home taking my godchild with them. I'm wondering why his parents were not tested considering they're both 60+ and his dad has heart and respiratory conditions. Not sure about newborns but I'd expect old people and kids to be tested considering they were all living together for a few days in a 1bhk?

Wow thats really bad from the authorities. Everyone should have been tested. I hope all recover fast without any issues.

34 minutes ago, Walker said:

Weird. My wife's elder sister's husband turned out to be positive, so she and the 2 kids went to her parents to live. She suddenly lost her sense of taste, and got herself and both the kids tested. Everyone came positive. Within hours my FIL and MIL had multiple calls from multiple authorities to get tested the same day. They literally had to fight saying that they will get tested next day with a private lab at home (and would not prefer going anywhere for a test). Until they submitted their reports (they are negative), they used to get at least 3-5 calls everyday to get tested from the govt authorities. This is from Harayana. 

My results came back today as positive :cry:

I've no fever / cough - just have some minor cold and loss of smell :-/  I hardly ventured out beyond getting milk and stuff, not really sure how/when did it happen !  Got tested from a private lab, hope they didn't mess up the results.  Anyway, the local bbmp/apthamitra called up and took some details, they said they can arrange for doctor consultation/medicines etc if needed.  Anybody have any experience with dealing with all this in blr ? I took the test when i didn't have any fever assuming it would be -ve, really surprised it has come out as +ve , so kinda getting anxious on what to do next :nerves:

Edited by Ne0
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I've no fever / cough - just have some minor cold and loss of smell :-/  I hardly ventured out beyond getting milk and stuff, not really sure how/when did it happen !  Got tested from a private lab, hope they didn't mess up the results.  Anyway, the local bbmp/apthamitra called up and took some details, they said they can arrange for doctor consultation/medicines etc if needed.  Anybody have any experience with dealing with all this in blr ? I took the test when i didn't have any fever assuming it would be -ve, really surprised it has come out as +ve , so kinda getting anxious on what to do next :nerves:

Just stay normal, keep checking your SPO2, and if breathing issues, you should think of next steps. You should recover quickly, best of luck mate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I've no fever / cough - just have some minor cold :-/  I hardly ventured out beyond getting milk and stuff, not really sure how/when did it happen !  Got tested from a private lab, hope they didn't mess up the results.  Anyway, the local bbmp/apthamitra called up and took some details, they said they can arrange for doctor consultation/medicines etc if needed.  Anybody have any experience with dealing with all this in blr ? I took the test when i didn't have any fever assuming it would be -ve, really surprised it has come out as +ve , so kinda getting anxious on what to do next :nerves:

Take care, man. Can't really advise you on how to proceed with this in B'lore, but all I'd say is don't let it get to your head. Having corona is obviously not the end of everything and I'm pretty sure with the right measures, you will be able to see this through.

• Thanks 1

I had covid last month . minor fever , severe pain in legs and then it shifted to back .. Did not take any medicine whatsoever . let it run thorugh the natural course . was fine after 8 days . self quarantined .. soaked up under the sun for 3-4 hours everyday .  have been drinking  cold press vegetable juice since the last 4 months and taking vitamin d supplements since the last 7 months .. got my Vit d checked - came out to be above than 70 .  many govt. are acknowledging the role of vit d in fighting covid 

the most imp.. thing .. dont take any stress .. if you have tension hanging over your head it can damage even the best of the immune systems 

one more thing .... Rest ( complete bed rest ) don't put your body under  any exertion 

Edited by kanbad

48 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Wow thats really bad from the authorities. Everyone should have been tested. I hope all recover fast without any issues.

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Weird. My wife's elder sister's husband turned out to be positive, so she and the 2 kids went to her parents to live. She suddenly lost her sense of taste, and got herself and both the kids tested. Everyone came positive. Within hours my FIL and MIL had multiple calls from multiple authorities to get tested the same day. They literally had to fight saying that they will get tested next day with a private lab at home (and would not prefer going anywhere for a test). Until they submitted their reports (they are negative), they used to get at least 3-5 calls everyday to get tested from the govt authorities. This is from Harayana. 

From what you're saying I'm assuming they'll also get notified to get tests done by tomorrow? This is in MH so not sure what the protocol is. Anyway I suspect these guys won't bother getting tested even if they're asked to considering they didn't proactively decide to do it anyway. :(