The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, Right said:

Kerala now has more total cases than UP, 3 times as many active cases.

The propaganda machinery declared in February that how Kerala defeated Covid in Feb itself.

https://qz.com/india/1802684/indias-kerala-defeated-deadly-coronavirus-using-information/

MSM all around the world needs to be shut.

hindsight is 20:20

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 3:00 PM, Big Boss said:

Yeah afaik all Covid doubtfull people have been put on Vitamin D, C and Zinc supplements.

We don’t give zinc.. can’t monitor/check levels/ not sufficient evidence  

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Went out for a walk few hours back and oh boy, barely 1-2 people were wearing masks.  Not sure what's gonna happen in the coming months.  The general consensus(even with educated people) now seems to be that India is doing better than all countries and the pandemic is way past its peak. :doh: 

I got a severe rash on my lip after wearing a mask on my daily jogs. It f**king swelled so bad with puss. Stopped wearing a mask while jogging/walking after that but yeah do carry one as a chin diaper and pull it up if I come across any acquintance:fear:

8 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Went out for a walk few hours back and oh boy, barely 1-2 people were wearing masks.  Not sure what's gonna happen in the coming months.  The general consensus(even with educated people) now seems to be that India is doing better than all countries and the pandemic is way past its peak. :doh: 

Are bhai itta tight nhi bandhna hai ki hoth hi suj jae.

Accha hua gale pe nahi baandha :P

• Haha 1

Straight and simple. 

https://inessential.com/2020/11/13/normalizing_care

Anyway: please be careful. I know there’s pressure not to. But thousands of people alive and healthy today will be dead by New Year’s. Being careful saves lives.

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Schools in Haryana will remain closed till November 30, the state announced today, as 174 students and 107 teachers tested positive for the deadly coronavirus in just over a fortnight after schools reopened in the state for higher classes.

All the infected students are from government schools in three districts in the state. Schools had reopened after eight months for classes 9 to 12 on November 2. Nearly 1.58 lakh students out of a total 6 lakh student population were attending the classes across the state everyday.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/coronavirus-schools-in-haryana-to-stay-closed-till-november-30-due-to-rise-in-covid-19-cases-2327943

:(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Any idea about Ivermectin? Heard about that from my family doctor.

Ivermectin/doxycycline combination is being given to covid Pt in India by plenty of doctors.. however efficacy of the treatment is still under investigation.. we don’t have any data yet.. it could turn out to be nothing...

only drug which he currently shown to affect outcome is dexamethsone/ remdesivir 

Edited by hsk_colossus

10 hours ago, KnackChap said:

USA almost 2 lakh cases and 2k people dead. 

Crazy no one giving shite about it in USA. And we have not even reached Thanksgiving/BF yet. 

Bill Gates calls U.S.’s failure to contain the coronavirus ‘mind blowing,’ warns that colder months will be ‘very tough’

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Crazy no one giving shite about it in USA. And we have not even reached Thanksgiving/BF yet. 

Bill Gates calls U.S.’s failure to contain the coronavirus ‘mind blowing,’ warns that colder months will be ‘very tough’

:cry:

Honestly, the election f'ed things up a lot. Hopefully things will subside a little in December or hopefully January at least. 

2 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

:cry:

Honestly, the election f'ed things up a lot. Hopefully things will subside a little in December or hopefully January at least. 

things have been relatively mild for us in Washington till now :fear: 

3 hours ago, Keano said:

things have been relatively mild for us in Washington till now :fear: 

Fingers crossed bro that it stays that way. Here in Michigan, they are locking down places again. Hopefully people just listen for f**ks sake and it comes down a bit. I have to keep delaying my trip to India and now again I probably won't go till maybe January or February. Holding off for as long as I can. Thank goodness for video calling, otherwise I would have gone insane. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:28 AM, KnackChap said:

Highlights the importance of long term peer reviewed trials compared to what's been going on now. 

The only entity benefitting from the whole ordeal was Gilead (and it was clear that they knew the drug doesn't work, but they still kept on pushing for it). 

Ivermectin is known to NOT reach the plasma concentrations needed to inhibit the virus. 

Doxy/Azithro/Zinc/Vit C - seems to have some effect, but no large scale trials done. Can be moot for all we know. 

We are still pretty f**ked up. 

With the number of cases rising, beds are again at short supply. Just yday got a know a couple of close cases from Delhi whose near ones passed away due to unavailability of beds/ventilators - the kids, 13 and 15, are literally orphaned now (both parents gone due to covid). 

Hits hard, man. 

Edit: Regeneron gets emergency approval for covid in US.  

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Sad 3