The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Highlights the importance of long term peer reviewed trials compared to what's been going on now. 

The only entity benefitting from the whole ordeal was Gilead (and it was clear that they knew the drug doesn't work, but they still kept on pushing for it). 

Ivermectin is known to NOT reach the plasma concentrations needed to inhibit the virus. 

Doxy/Azithro/Zinc/Vit C - seems to have some effect, but no large scale trials done. Can be moot for all we know. 

We are still pretty f**ked up. 

With the number of cases rising, beds are again at short supply. Just yday got a know a couple of close cases from Delhi whose near ones passed away due to unavailability of beds/ventilators - the kids, 13 and 15, are literally orphaned now (both parents gone due to covid). 

Hits hard, man. 

Edit: Regeneron gets emergency approval for covid in US.  

Yup pretty f**ked up situation in Delhi.. all hospitals are full...max Saket is full.. and yet people are walking around like nothing is happening... goverment is ? 

9 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Yup pretty f**ked up situation in Delhi.. all hospitals are full...max Saket is full.. and yet people are walking around like nothing is happening... goverment is ? 

Lol how stupid it is to blame govt :doh:

People can do whatever f**k they want but lets blame govt. first rather than taking precautions first. 

30 minutes ago, hope said:

People can do whatever f**k they want but lets blame govt. first rather than taking precautions first. 

41 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Lmao..
I want to know people who advocate these stuff..
Would you get your surgeries done here?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Lmao..
I want to know people who advocate these stuff..
Would you get your surgeries done here?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Bro wtf? Why you unnecessarily hating on this? :slap:

See the post below. This is the end game. Its all well planned by the honourable government.

57 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Now that's one way to control the population.

2 hours ago, hope said:

Don't you believe it is the duty of a democratically elected government, to which you pay really high taxes (compared to what we get, it's a piss poor ROI), to at least ensure adequate availability of beds and ventilators and medicines for the pandemic ? 

I'm not denying that people should be more careful - but is it impractical to believe given the amount of information government has, that they are blind to what people are doing ? And hence necessitate capacity building in all cities and towns from all the money we are paying as taxes ? 

We already have the lowest governmental spending on healthcare among most of the nations, the least expectation is to have arrangements for the huge challenge at hand. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't you believe it is the duty of a democratically elected government, to which you pay really high taxes (compared to what we get, it's a piss poor ROI), to at least ensure adequate....

No!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't you believe it is the duty of a democratically elected government, to which you pay really high taxes (compared to what we get, it's a piss poor ROI), to at least ensure adequate availability of beds and ventilators and medicines for the pandemic ? 

I'm not denying that people should be more careful - but is it impractical to believe given the amount of information government has, that they are blind to what people are doing ? And hence necessitate capacity building in all cities and towns from all the money we are paying as taxes ? 

We already have the lowest governmental spending on healthcare among most of the nations, the least expectation is to have arrangements for the huge challenge at hand. 

Right. It is true that govt. Should do these things. They are doing it as well, executing well n falling short as well but my issue is with people blaming govt even if they fart. 

49 minutes ago, adity said:

The only responsibility is to grow glorious beards and oppress minorities and our government's really killing it. 

Shut up 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hope said:

Right. It is true that govt. Should do these things. They are doing it as well, executing well n falling short as well but my issue is with people blaming govt even if they fart

Shut up 

Well if the govt farts, they need to check their diet. I sure don't find smelly farts going up my nose in my best interest :P

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, hope said:

Right. It is true that govt. Should do these things. They are doing it as well, executing well n falling short as well but my issue is with people blaming govt even if they fart. 

It's fairly clear all governments - central and state - failed in capacity building during all these months. 

While an average joe lacks the nuances of how things work, you do expect that ministers and bureaucrats sitting at the top would know better. What was reactive initially should have been proactive by now - but everybody become complacent. 

The brunt of the burden is now borne by the common man - hitting 5 digit expenses in ICU/ventilators per day at private hospitals. Or worse, seeing their family dying. I don't even know whom to vote for now - devil or the dragon - either way we are f**ked. 

• Thanks 1

Have had this conversation before also here. People really believe govt can't do anything at all despite having so many resources at their disposal. It's sad.
  • Like 3