The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Now our new cases per day are more than recoveries. (Tomorrow numbers might be lower due to Monday and media circlejerk will begin)

So are you tell me we are heading towards another lockdown

I didn't even know that Modern Ayurvedic practitioners can perform Surgeries (and already are), and I had 3 generations of Ayurvedic practitioners till my grandfather,

While it is true that Shalya Tantra is part of Susrut Samhita, one of the key foundations of Ayurveda, that branch has been very much obliviated.

This is going to be a lot quackery around this even if the practitioners have formal BAMS degrees.

This is seriously disturbing development. 

So are you tell me we are heading towards another lockdown
In Gujarat the indications are we very well may be..

There's a curfew on surat and ahmedabad Since Friday evening which will last till monday morning..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Right said:

Yeah, I'm happy for him.

He put a lot of personal wealth on line for this.

Govt should do justice, let him price it the way he deems right while subsidize for poor with state money.

Govt didn't invest anything?

I'd much rather prefer govt buys the vaccine stocks outright and then puts it on sale for a reasonable price to the general public and free for those eligible under various schemes.

2 minutes ago, Banz said:

I'd much rather prefer govt buys the vaccine stocks outright and then puts it on sale for a reasonable price to the general public and free for those eligible under various schemes.

Govt could've invested but they didn't.  I think for the simple reason that SII wasn't researching the vax by itself but creating a pilestock for AstraZeneca.

Trump administration did invest in various initiatives under Operation Warp Speed and funded 10b$ towards research and related activities.

Trump didn't get ANY credit for this at all.

As it is emerging, Govt will be likely allowing all 4 types, not just AstraZeneca.

Procurement would be centrally driven and distribution will be in partnership with states

States shall be deciding the pricings, Bihar will get it free. ;) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

When can we expect these vaccines to actually be rolled out for the people in India?

I won't be much hopeful before mid of next year for mango ppl. That said they will prioritize Front line workers, Old people followed by kids and I guess, it should start trickling down by end of Q1. So Mid to end of 2021, provided you are well connected.

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2020/nov/23/100-mn-doses-by-january-says-adar-poonawalla/8208e4e486f285fec73a1f9d8ae1a8dd

1000 bucks if picked from pharmacy, govt will procure at 250 a dose.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Banz said:

Think they invested in the bharat biotech vaccine (not sure though) ICMR is involved and I won't be surprised if it is the go to vaccine under various schemes if it turns successful. 

Agree with the other point, it should be a mix of both free subsidies for the less previleged and Paid for the rest. Initially might be govt provided only to prevent black marketeering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

I won't be much hopeful before mid of next year for mango ppl. That said they will prioritize Front line workers, Old people followed by kids and I guess, it should start trickling down by end of Q1. So Mid to end of 2021, provided you are well connected.

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2020/nov/23/100-mn-doses-by-january-says-adar-poonawalla/8208e4e486f285fec73a1f9d8ae1a8dd

1000 bucks if picked from pharmacy, govt will procure at 250 a dose.

Government has started making a list how many doses needed for health care workers. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/maharashtra-makes-covid-negative-report-mandatory-for-passengers-from-these-4-states-details-here-11606132986231.html

RTPCR test negative report MANDATORY for people coming from Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Goa to Maharashtra.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Germany is opening up hundreds of vaccination centers across the country from 15th Dec. They don't have it yet but as soon as they do the infrastructure will be there.

Link? Searched for "Germany vaccination December 15", but not getting any results.