The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

10 hours ago, adity said:

These society secretary and chairman types are generally l**dfakirs who don't have anything better to do in life. They while their time with this nonsense and skimming a few thousand off the top. 

I haven’t seen anymore jobless dicks than these chamans. My society has this guy who is secretary or whatever f**k he is.

I had a new broadband installation last year, and the wiring guy let the wire on the outer building wall. This guy call me at 8pm on Sunday and asked to have that wiring come through the shaft designated for it.
I told him that I will ask him next weekend.

That 5-6 ft of wire going through the wall was piercing his heart so much that he called that Broadband company, asked them about the technicians who frequent our area and then called a technician to come fix the wiring.

And come Thursday the guy shows up when I am about to leave for work.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ne0 said:

ok then you knew it about it before  :P

i guess it would be because they are afraid that ppl buy it and then park it in non-parking areas of the apt like pathways or empty spots of other tenants etc.  Or some people let their relatives to park their car in their apts as they dont have car parking in their own (leading to security issues).  Which is why some socieites mandate a parking sticker or keep a inventory of cars etc.  I don't think they care about if you buy the car and park it somewhere else .... how would they even know if you had/have a car unless you park it in ? 

I knew there is no concept of reserved parking during the “interview” (they actually take an interview and make you submit your work bonafide letters) ??

But the fact that I need to grovel and beg to be allowed to buy vehicle was conveniently and casually informed right after all the monetary dealings were done. 

1 minute ago, Right said:

I haven’t seen anymore jobless dicks than these chamans. My society has this guy who is secretary or whatever f**k he is.

I had a new broadband installation last year, and the wiring guy let the wire on the outer building wall. This guy call me at 8pm on Sunday and asked to have that wiring come through the shaft designated for it.
I told him that I will ask him next weekend.

That 5-6 ft of wire going through the wall was piercing his heart so much that he called that Broadband company, asked them about the technicians who frequent our area and then called a technician to come fix the wiring.

And come Thursday the guy shows up when I am about to leave for work.

Last OT I promise:

Mine wanted a high-level Airtel Exec come down to meet them and “convince” them of the benefits of upgrading “existing” members from copper to Fiber. I laughed it off and brought the local area engineer. 

One jackarse who was lobbying against it said “Agar Airtel Fiber mein JIO DTH de sakte ho toh bolo”. I tried to explain Airtel and Jio are rivals. No chance in hell they’ll join hands just to satisfy one society. 

Finally got up and said if I’m denied the right to internet in this manner it’s better we take this to the legal domain and I’m going to pause paying maintenance. And walked away. 

The next afternoon the society office called the Local Airtel node and gave them the green light to proceed. ???? Didn’t expect this like AT ALL. But yeah I was full on ready to tear them to shreds in court over this. 

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Last OT I promise:

Mine wanted a high-level Airtel Exec come down to meet them and “convince” them of the benefits of upgrading “existing” members from copper to Fiber. I laughed it off and brought the local area engineer. 

One jackarse who was lobbying against it said “Agar Airtel Fiber mein JIO DTH de sakte ho toh bolo”. I tried to explain Airtel and Jio are rivals. No chance in hell they’ll join hands just to satisfy one society. 

Finally got up and said if I’m denied the right to internet in this manner it’s better we take this to the legal domain and I’m going to pause paying maintenance. And walked away. 

The next afternoon the society office called the Local Airtel node and gave them the green light to proceed. ???? Didn’t expect this like AT ALL. But yeah I was full on ready to tear them to shreds in court over this. 

Did you sprinkle threats of full frontal nudity (as mentioned above) with the legal action as well? :P

59 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I knew there is no concept of reserved parking during the “interview” (they actually take an interview and make you submit your work bonafide letters) ??

But the fact that I need to grovel and beg to be allowed to buy vehicle was conveniently and casually informed right after all the monetary dealings were done. 

woah, are you living with some celebrities or something :P ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And they still don't want high speed internet access ? Must be grandpas and grannies. :P

Nah these are ppl who are proud they barely manage to finish 8GB in a month on their el-cheap copper 16mbps plans. 

I was told “You know there are so many viruses, imagine how many will come on a 1000mbps connection?” ????

13 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Nah these are ppl who are proud they barely manage to finish 8GB in a month on their el-cheap copper 16mbps plans. 

I was told “You know there are so many viruses, imagine how many will come on a 1000mbps connection?” ????

I don't even know how to answer such a question. :rofl:

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

I was told “You know there are so many viruses, imagine how many will come on a 1000mbps connection?????

Bc when corona happened they musta been sh*ting bricks :lol:

Thank God it wasn't a 1Tbps connection :D

Edited by Walker
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ne0 said:

What kind of mentality is this ? There's nothing wrong in using public transportation if that's a more convenient way. Many ppl do that in work days and take their cars out only in weekends when the traffic is less.

I think bigger question is, being in a metro city, why would you "buy" a house without a parking spot :doh:

Exactly, even though society might be in the wrong, this was such an elitist attitude and a bit f**ked up. Like, is my worth calculated by what car I do or don't own? Why does someone owning a fancy car mean that they have accomplished more in life?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ph3N0M said:

Exactly, even though society might be in the wrong, this was such an elitist attitude and a bit f**ked up. Like, is my worth calculated by what car I do or don't own? Why does someone owning a fancy car mean that they have accomplished more in life?

LoL elitist? I don’t even own a car ?

We have missed the point same as I missed the plot in Tenet. 

23 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

When I bought the house a few years ago, we were told to take permission from the committee *before* planning to buy a 4-wheeler. Later I saw the secretary standing in a BEST bus line to go to work. So basically I have to seek permission from a loser who “Lataks” to& fro to work, before I can think of buying a car. :first:

What @Ne0 and I are talking about is the attitude being insinuated in the above quote, that someone who "lataks" to and fro from work is inferior to someone who has the money to buy a car. Now I am not defending the society people either, but this is a matter of who is responsible for what and not who has acheived more in life. 

They may be inferior and wrong in other ways, but choosing not to have a car or not even having the money to have a car does not mean that they may not perform whatever duties they are expected to perform (which in this case apparently involves managing parking). Now again, they may be horrible people, but using the buses does not make them losers. 

Edited by Ph3N0M
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ph3N0M said:

LeWhat @Ne0 and I are talking about is the attitude being insinuated in the above quote, that someone who "lataks" to and fro from work is inferior to someone who has the money to buy a car. Now I am not defending the society people either, but this is a matter of who is responsible for what and not who has acheived more in life. 

They may be inferior and wrong in other ways, but choosing not to have a car or not even having the money to have a car does not mean that they may not perform whatever duties they are expected to perform (which in this case apparently involves managing parking). Now again, they may be horrible people, but using the buses does not make them losers. 

Agreed. But mera wala hai Loser kya kare? :bigyellowgrin:

Why should an owner (I hope you’re aware tenants have it much worse) be subjected to an approval to “buy” a vehicle which they will buy with their own money? Why should they have to be at the mercy of a clown who clearly has achieved nothing in life except loitering around the society office and got elected without competition? Why should this clown unilaterally decide what’s Right and what’s Not to the point where he finds the audacity to tell me to not use AC during monsoons because the weather is already cool?

I agree the only change that can happen is if there is more active participation. But that requires a significant chunk of the members to be actively involved in the decision making/vetting process. I have learnt this the hard way sadly and in my personal capacity I have started being more vocal every time some new ch**iyapa is cooked up in the mind of our Ruler of the World. I’m making more enemies than friends but couldn’t care less. 

Apna policy simple hai “Mere saath ungli karoge, poora Chatri andar khol doonga”

The legal threats work wonders though ??? Clearly a lot of skeletons in the closet that someone doesn’t want out :giggle:

i wanna visit one part of the internet where people dont take offence to a post that was made hours before and pick it up to start an argument. i am tired of this sh*t man.

bhakts and liberandus have made the internet unbearable already. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bhpian Bali said:

i wanna visit one part of the internet where people dont take offence to a post that was made hours before and pick it up to start an argument. i am tired of this sh*t man.

bhakts and liberandus have made the internet unbearable already. 

Bhak(t) :bash: