The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

12 minutes ago, roun90 said:

According to him, they have conducted extensive tests on people and studied how the virus mutated over the course of the last 9 months to arrive at the conclusion. Currently there is 90% efficacy. The interview did not mention how long antibodies last. Just that 2 doses will be enough. Perhaps it might be enough permanently? I don't know - we don't take Polio Vaccines throughout life do we?

He was very clear though - The Vaccine will not prevent you from catching Covid at all. Just that it will reduce the severity for everyone and make it asymptomatic, so there will be no hospitalizations at all. They have also already tested and taken approvals from all labs throughout various countries (I forgot the name of the Indian govt. lab mentioned, sorry)

As far as public domain - it will come out later maybe?

He also mentioned upfront that he was very confident in the vaccine, to the point that he will take it himself once the final approval comes in and post it on the net. He's also sunk in truck loads of money (which we wil never see the likes of in our lives), so that might inspire confidence in us maybe?

They are also going to supply to govt. and companies - so it has to have been tested (even if it's not in public domain yet). Can't have every employee and all people who have taken vaccine from govt. falling sick, can we? It would spell the death of companies and even Govt. will have a very bad name.

Frankly, to me I'm just waiting for some working vaccine to come. I would like to be able to travel again and not look over my shoulder every footstep to see I accidentally don't come close to someone. Enough is enough. Please let something worthwhile come out.

Man, so much to cover since like you, most people have no understanding of the "testing" and EUA of this vaccine (not faulting or blaming anybody, just saying that most people are unaware). 

Will post a longer answer once I'm on laptop. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

exchange sweat rubbing each other’s moist bodies in trains 

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

36 minutes ago, adity said:

I on the other hand much prefer going to office. WFH sucks. 

Do miss the free amenities at office. But being in business casual all day long ?

• Haha 2

Lots of news today. 

Covid vaccine free for all. Good but I hope there is an option to pay and get vaccinated as well. 

After Oxford vaccine, even bharat biotech vaccine gets emergency use approval in india. 

And then we have this. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Why do you want to pay?

Paying means Private, so you can get vaccinated whenever you want, even immediately if required.

Free = Govt. Distribution, so you can get vaccine only when your no. comes up (legally after priority groups, but realistically after all bureaucrats, politicians and their supporters get it)

@Animus It was on India Today Channel yesterday night. Can't find interview on Web.

Edited by roun90

34 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Can choose the place and time of my liking instead of waiting for a govt lottery. 

Even i second this man. The reason govt hasn't approved moderna or pfizer is cuz they cant integrate them in their chain. If they allow them to launch privately opposition will cry that the government works only for the rich and the middle class. 

I pay so much tax that i have no money left after meeting my living expenses every year. With gst i pay 18% on my margin and another 33 % in IT which makes it almost 50% in taxes. But my life is not worth anything for the government or the opposition. 

We already have a close call at home. My senior citizen parents just couldn't manage cleaning by themselves and hired a maid. She is on leave as she is unwell. We are hoping that it is a lie as she just

doesnt want to work there. 

30 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Can choose the place and time of my liking instead of waiting for a govt lottery. 

So very true. 

Although a free model will ensure coverage for the poor and poorest, this better be well organised. 

As an example, in my complex there was “apparently” a Voter ID enrollment camp from 27th-29th for 2 hours each day. The “concerned authorities” informed this only on the final day halfway into the 1st hour. Obviously no one who genuinely needed one could get through. Just a formal ticking all the boxes operation. Pretty sure the table, umbrella and staff arrived only in the closing minutes of the final hour on the last day. :lol: