The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

58 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

For all practical purpose, you'll be negative if this was a month ago. 

You can still get an RTPCR done just to be sure. More about ensuring you're not shedding any particles and keeping others safe. 

Thanks. Will have the test done coming weekend.

11 hours ago, AnK said:

Antibody test for admission is quite weird

No, I was scheduled for a surgery. They do it as a safety measure for the staff involved, which I think is a valid point.

11 hours ago, AnK said:

& you had nothing to worry about if you were asymptomatic Antibody Positive,

you’ve dodged the bullet already

Fingers crossed. As Bird said will do it just to make sure I am not passing it on to someone else.

The roll-out of COVID-19 vaccine will provide priority to the healthcare workers and the frontline workers who are estimated to be around 3 cr, followed by those above 50 years of age and the under-50 population groups with co-morbidities numbering around 27 cr.

The Prime Minister was also apprised about the Co-WIN Vaccine Delivery Management System. The unique digital platform will provide real time information of vaccine stocks, their storage temperature and individualized tracking of beneficiaries of the COVID-19 vaccine. This platform will assist the program managers across all levels through automated session allocation for pre-registered beneficiaries, their verification and for generating a digital certificate upon successful completion of the vaccine schedule. More than 79 lakh beneficiaries have been already registered on the platform.

5 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

My concern is what happens if , God forbid, the doctors/nurses/front line workers get an allergic reaction. 

Apart from little fever and minor things nothing will happen. 

They will not release vaccine just like that bro.

Edited by hope

6 hours ago, Wario said:

Research participants and the innoculators don't know at the time of giving, but the researchers do know who got which one.

Then how are the reps from bharat biotech saying they can't identify if the person recieved vaccine or not? Seems like they are trying to cover up somerhing.

Ofcourse they are, millions of dollars involved. But him being affected 1 week afterwards might have some intervening misadventure too.

What is appalling is that they are using poor people, with little to no access to medical care, as guinea pigs. Getting vaccinated for getting 750 bucks. Real shame.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

I don't know the exact details, but 200 INR is the saleable rate for the govt. Privately, it'll be around 700-800 INR. 

Was talking to a policymaker in Karnataka some days back, and from what is been worked out now - Covaxin for general public (free), and covishield is being bought up in bulk by corporates. 

Don't quote me on this though. 

Situation is extremely dynamic. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't know the exact details, but 200 INR is the saleable rate for the govt. Privately, it'll be around 700-800 INR. 

Was talking to a policymaker in Karnataka some days back, and from what is been worked out now - Covaxin for general public (free), and covishield is being bought up in bulk by corporates. 

that is also ok, and i am sure companies will get camps done and would more or less bear the cost. Even if not i don't mind spending 1500 bucks to get this done.

33 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Situation is extremely dynamic. 

So the vaccine with no proper data is going to be made free because it is made in India while the other one (with proper data) has to be bought? 

Edited by kunjanp