The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

18 hours ago, armaan said:

Both my parents take blood thinners so wanted to know if it is safe for them to take the vaccine ??

Do not take covaxin in the above scenario.  That is what I read in a newspaper article.

Still do confirm from your end

20 hours ago, armaan said:

Both my parents take blood thinners so wanted to know if it is safe for them to take the vaccine ??

My parents do too, they were advised to go ahead with covishield but not covaxin. They took their first shot of covishield today, no side effects so far.

4 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

dude don’t follow random advice on gaming forum... ask you doctor.. 

bro obviously! we are waiting on our doctor to get back!

also i think there are a couple of people  here who are doctors so was just trying to know their opinion 

or someone  here  whos family member or friend is on blood thinners  

Edited by armaan

21 hours ago, Snake said:

Round 2 of Lockdown?

Even if there is a lockdown it will be a very soft one. Beyond encouraging work from home, an evening curfew and some restrictions on restaurants and such atleast MH govt cannot afford another lockdown. It has so far collected only 50% of the required revenue.

Edited by Bhpian Bali

My Mother had COVID in October. She was admitted as she had severe breathing problems, fever and her Sp02 fell. Her D-dimer also increased. She was released after 4 days and then started her recovery at home. I did everything and was there with her 100%. She has recovered and is doing well now.

I spoke to the Doctors who had worked on her case back in the Hospital in October and they all gave the green signal for her taking the vaccine as 3 months had passed since her treatment.

Today Mom took the first Vaccination shot (Covishield). Went to AMRI Kolkata early morning and booked a Spot Registration to book a shot for her. Had registered my Mom via the Aarogya Setu App (Cowin) but couldn't get any booking slots at all through the app as nothing showed up as available even if I tried booking a date in June, LoL, what a disaster the app is! There was a huge serpentine line that formed by the her vaccine was complete.

Next shot is after 28 days.

P.S. Nurses who gave her the shot even cutely wished her "Happy Women's Day" :)

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 5

Got my parents vaccinated today
I had registered  in Apollo for 29th march. 

When i registered there were very less centres. Now it has actually doubled. 

Got a call from dads friend that a hospital has no rush/que for the vaccine.
Took my parents, there were literally no one for vaccination. No que, no waiting. Got both of em vaccinated in less than 5 mins. 

It was a govt hospital . Everything was maintained well.

People in Bangalore, if you are not getting slots in cowin or arogya sethu app. Visit the hospitals directly and enquire. Looks like there's slots reserved for walk in. You can get it done fairly quickly. 

• Like 1