The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Well, I'm gonna be a selfish bitch over here. If I've to choose between my family not getting infected (what happens next, no one knows- no one wants to be in the mortality stat) and somebody else bearing the burden, I'll always choose the former. 

Life is unfair. We see it everyday. But between saving my parents, spouse and kids vs anyone else, it's just a no brainer. 

Harsh, yes. But we are running out of options. People will be idiots. 

Well its a good thing that you can choose to stay indoors with your family as long as you like then. A personal lockdown which noone will judge you for. 
We’ll let you know when its safe to come out.

• Like 1

Well its a good thing that you can choose to stay indoors with your family as long as you like then. A personal lockdown which noone will judge you for. 
Lmao dude he is a front line worker..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also if you think the disease did not spread by people going to bars, restaurants etc, I don't know what to say.  Basic epidemiology. You don't need to be poor to get infected. 

Do you have a study you can quote on that? Restaurants, bars were open in India from November onwards, but didn't coincide with case increase. But the cases did jump as soon as public trains restarted in Mumbai. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You can just decide to stay home for another year and be mostly safe. I'm not sure how locking everyone else down helps you and your family in any meaningful way. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

I did the same and still my parents got infected. In whole year I stepped out only in January, that too because my grandmother passed away. All deliveries of groceries were recieved by me at door step wearing mask, delivery guy wore mask. All groceries were santized wearing masks. No outside food was eaten. No one visited our home since January. We follow hand hygiene since childhood. Still my mother got infected and then my father. So even getting locked at home isn't an option. Someone must have sneezed above our balcony or in front of our door and the air brought droplets in and caused infection. It's purely luck or bad luck now.

Unless the damn people follow proper hygiene, the cases will continue rising.

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

You can just decide to stay home for another year and be mostly safe. I'm not sure how locking everyone else down helps you and your family in any meaningful way. 

If things open, no one can "decide" and stay home. That's not how the real world works unfortunately. 

If people fail to follow basic hygiene guidelines, why should others bear the burden ? 

Isn't it the job of the government to ensure these guidelines are followed ? Rich or poor, people are forced to follow standards ? Basic rations and living places are given to the poor ? Where is my tax getting spent ? Isn't it time to use that money and help the economically weaker ?

While we are talking like armchair activists, the real players will be bunkering down in their homes/safe places. 

The middle class is as usual expected to bear the brunt since OH NO POOR PEOPLE. 

It may seem insensitive, but we pay a f**kton of taxes to the government to take care of these exact same challenges. I wouldn't risk my family's health for it. 

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

I did the same and still my parents got infected. In whole year I stepped out only in January, that too because my grandmother passed away. All deliveries of groceries were recieved by me at door step wearing mask, delivery guy wore mask. All groceries were santized wearing masks. No outside food was eaten. No one visited our home since January. We follow hand hygiene since childhood. Still my mother got infected and then my father. So even getting locked at home isn't an option. Someone must have sneezed above our balcony or in front of our door and the air brought droplets in and caused infection. It's purely luck or bad luck now.

Unless the damn people follow proper hygiene, the cases will continue rising.

Your case still gives me the creeps. I have sorta lost hope. Just carrying on taking precautions while thinking "kya fayda bc"

Just now, sobbii said:

Lmao dude he is a front line worker..

I know, I follow this thread to get a sense of where people are about this thing. I'm grateful for his work and the info he brings here. Still disagree about this issue. 

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Your case still gives me the creeps. I have sorta lost hope. Just carrying on taking precautions while thinking "kya fayda bc"

Yeah. First 3 days I was super pissed off that I refused so many friends to go out just to make sure I don't bring corona home. Didn't eat outside food. And still it happened. 

Now I read that mild infection doesn't even generate long lasting antibodies. So wtf should I do next :doh:

Only hope is vaccine but I shudder to think about going to take first dose and then catch corona. Why the f**k can't we have single dose vaccine

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah. First 3 days I was super pissed off that I refused so many friends to go out just to make sure I don't bring corona home. Didn't eat outside food. And still it happened. 

Now I read that mild infection doesn't even generate long lasting antibodies. So wtf should I do next :doh:

Only hope is vaccine but I shudder to think about going to take first dose and then catch corona. Why the f**k can't we have single dose vaccine

the way the center is behaving i am not too hopeful about getting the vaccine anytime soon. Modi is one tough nut to crack he will not relax the age criteria, he will not allow pvt sector to get involved and will not allow moderna/pfizer to sell their vaccines here.

the way the center is behaving i am not too hopeful about getting the vaccine anytime soon. Modi is one tough nut to crack he will not relax the age criteria, he will not allow pvt sector to get involved and will not allow moderna/pfizer to sell their vaccines here.
Apparently moderna/Pfizer even shield from getting infected at all..
As of now best vaccines available.

Just now, sobbii said:

I would so like to just take a flight to israel. They are giving pfizer vaccination and free drinks for taking it.

I would so like to just take a flight to israel. They are giving pfizer vaccination and free drinks for taking it.
Swadeshi hi lena padega bhai..

Just now, sobbii said:

I don't think they can do that? Vaccine can't stop virus from entering body can they? 

I don't think they can do that? Vaccine can't stop virus from entering body can they? 
It will stop from getting infected at all.. Ofcourse the virus will enter the body hold on I will link it..

Oh he means virus will enter but there won't be any symptoms at all. 

Also all these early vaccines are targeting spike protein, but covaxin seems to target all 4 types of virus proteins so articles are saying it provides better protection against all variants. Newer vaccines will be even better.

10 minutes ago, zen said:

Do you have a study you can quote on that? Restaurants, bars were open in India from November onwards, but didn't coincide with case increase. But the cases did jump as soon as public trains restarted in Mumbai. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/enriquedans/2020/11/15/theres-no-denying-the-evidence-restaurants-and-bars-are-helping-spreadcovid-19/

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/dining-out-raises-risk-of-infection-reports-us-study/article32593014.ece

It's pretty basic - closed space, poor ventilation, air con on, no masks while eating (most are asymptomatic, so they just keep on spreading while being negligent). 

Our house help turned positive. She had zero symptoms. I just forced her to get checked since she went to her native place for 2 days to attend a wedding. She will be classified as poor, but who is to blame ? Is she not responsible for what happened to her ? We repeatedly kept on telling her not to travel as its not safe. She kept on making plans for the wedding in glee. Was it occupational hazard ? Nope. Was it avoidable ? Yes. Again, who is responsible ? Who should bear the brunt ? 

We can harp on the economic issues, but there was a f**kton of ration going around during the peak of COVID. People ending up selling ration to kirana stores since the allotment was more than what they could consume. The rise in cases was also the fault of the government. Why not ensure that people, irrespective of which state they belonged to, got proper places to stay, eat and live for a few months ? Why agree to send people to their native places, most of which are villages with absolutely pathetic healthcare systems ? Where the CHC/PHC are mostly empty ? I've seen many such towns very closely, and am very well aware of how the system works. 

It's a systemic failure of the government, which also  involves huge masses of non believers, who repeatedly broke protocol, and are still doing it now. I hardly see a delivery guy with a mask. If they are not being responsible for their health, why should I worry about their economic condition ? Why is it that the middle class should always be empathetic while being reasonable, pay mega taxes, keep quiet ? 

My point is very simple - why should I be forced to put my family in danger when others cannot follow a common sense guideline ? And if they can't follow a common sense guideline, why should I worry about such people ? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It's a very individual response. My wife had COVID, most likely during delivery, and we didn't come to know. Only when she had a long lasting partial loss of taste and smell did we get her tested. 

But nobody else turned positive. Got her ABs done some days back, and her IgG count is still high. 7 months post infection. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's a very individual response. My wife had COVID, most likely during delivery, and we didn't come to know. Only when she had a long lasting partial loss of taste and smell did we get her tested. 

But nobody else turned positive. Got her ABs done some days back, and her IgG count is still high. 7 months post infection. 

This sounds good. I will do an AB test for all in weekend. If my parents have IgGs that's a huge burden lifted off my shoulders.

The infection itself is very random..
My sister in UK got symptoms first and turned out she had covid and the whole family got tested.. Her elder daughter and my brother in law came negative.. The daughter developed symptoms it one week.. My brother in law started to show symptoms after good 2 months..