The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, dante77 said:

The application that I am working on currently has a checkbox which has two options of 'Asian' and 'Indian' along with others. Guess which one is us? NONE! that's right! Indians are Native Americans and Asians are pahadi type lol

Asians generally refer to South East Asians, very different genetically. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

The application that I am working on currently has a checkbox which has two options of 'Asian' and 'Indian' along with others. Guess which one is us? NONE! that's right! Indians are Native Americans and Asians are pahadi type lol

Exactly. That's why I just end up using "Asians" to describe us ever since I got into a pretty heated argument with one of my professors. 

Too much trouble to explain it all.

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

"Need to set an example of how India handled the second COVID wave"

i am still amazed at how people cant see through the bullshit...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Right said:

6 out of 6.8m, 1 a million chance

They took out AstraZeneca and now J&J.

is Pfizer playing dirty?

Biden was funded heavily by Pharmas.

Big pharma is a big lobby in the US and FDA doesn't seem to be totally independent as we assume it to be . 

Check this

https://investor.lilly.com/news-releases/news-release-details/lilly-announces-withdrawal-xigrisr-following-recent-clinical

FDA had approved this drug. However once the costs/ profits were recovered, it was rolled back 

Maybe @Bird Bird Bird can comment on this better. 

Edited by radicaldude

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

I get the feeling that this thread is turning into  post 11PM History 18 channel with all the controversies people are bringing up.

Big Pharma, dirty tactics, all of this is because of the aliens.

let people die who cares i will help the pharmas who have funded me..
where have i heard something similar before oh nevermind.....

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Big pharma is a big lobby in the US and FDA doesn't seem to be totally independent as we assume it to be . 

Check this

https://investor.lilly.com/news-releases/news-release-details/lilly-announces-withdrawal-xigrisr-following-recent-clinical

FDA had approved this drug. However once the costs/ profits were recovered, it was rolled back 

Pharma is huge, and FDA is poorly funded (low manpower to regulate, and people are already spread thin). Most cases of drug issues only crop in when taken head on by doctors, researchers, ordinary consumers and the likes. 

By itself, USFDA is rendered quite powerless due to bureaucratic issues. 

India FDA - I shouldn't say much. :fear1:

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Courts and milords are equally  responsible for the state of the country along with politicians.  

And Election Commision. The recent events tell us just how spineless and useless they are. 

23 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Check this

pfizer mentioned this during investor call that 19.5$ is a pandemic pricing and they like 150–170$ per shot once current crisis is over.

They wouldn’t like competition selling at cheap.

Related:

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/03/vaccine-coronavirus-big-pharma-biden/

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

US has been at it weakening regulators since quite some time. Their Internet and broadcasting agency (forgot the name) is headed by a known telecom lobbyist, Trump defunded the f**k out of Environment Protection Agency, IRS is also lacking in funds from what I know. 

Corporates have a stranglehold on politics in USA. I mean it's the same in India, too but no one expects any better from India anyways. 

one should expect better from where he stays and pays taxes at..

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

US has been at it weakening regulators since quite some time. Their Internet and broadcasting agency (forgot the name) is headed by a known telecom lobbyist, Trump defunded the f**k out of Environment Protection Agency, IRS is also lacking in funds from what I know. 

Corporates have a stranglehold on politics in USA. I mean it's the same in India, too but no one expects any better from India anyways. 

True. India is going the same way. 

9 minutes ago, Right said:

pfizer mentioned this during investor call that 19.5$ is a pandemic pricing and they like 150–170$ per shot once current crisis is over.

They wouldn’t like competition selling at cheap.

Related:

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/03/vaccine-coronavirus-big-pharma-biden/

Don't expect cheap pricing from any US company. US is anyway a copay market, whereas here it's gonna be out of pocket mostly. 

We would be paying 100 INR a pill for Paracetamol had it not been for Indian pharma and changes in import regulations in Western market.