The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

We need more guys like him emoji116.pngimages - 2021-04-13T183707.724.jpg

I don't think researchers are the problem. Job terms have changed, public funding is dead, and more often that not, a research during work is owned by the company, and not an individual. 

Unfortunately such a thing will just not happen today. Too much money on the table. Most deals and negotiations for upcoming molecules happen WAY before P2 ends or P3 begins. 

• Like 1

The way I see it, this has been a collossal failure on part of governments (both center and state) with regards to handling the disease. 

I mean when there was a spike in the US, they allowed postal ballots even. Here, massive rallies are being conducted. 

We lost the edge we had with regards to lesser mortality and infection rates. Whatever is happening at the moment makes no sense what so ever. Govt is allowing ppl to get infected. 

Ps- we have no idea about the long term impacts of this disease. Still we are behaving as if this is just a common flu. 

20 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The way I see it, this has been a collossal failure on part of governments (both center and state) with regards to handling the disease. 

Bro, don't forget the people. A lot of us are also responsible  for this. We let our guard down and now we're  paying for it. 

I'll tell you how people are extremely  careless or don't give a sh*t. My sister is a baker and makes customized cases on order. The report of her being covid positive came around 10 am in the morning and she had a delivery for 11 am for a cake she made last night. She immediately sent a message and made a call to the client on how she was infected and can't give the delivery for her safety, to which the client insisted on still taking it. Even after multiple attempts  to cancel it, she still came to our bldg and collected it in person and said covid is a scam. Ab bolo kya kare. 

Every food we ordered in the last 2 months from outside goes straight into the microwave to get reheated before we consume it and these guys are in a world of their own. 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Bro, don't forget the people. A lot of us are also responsible  for this. We let our guard down and now we're  paying for it. 

I'll tell you how people are extremely  careless or don't give a sh*t. My sister is a baker and makes customized cases on order. The report of her being covid positive came around 10 am in the morning and she had a delivery for 11 am for a cake she made last night. She immediately sent a message and made a call to the client on how she was infected and can't give the delivery for her safety, to which the client insisted on still taking it. Even after multiple attempts  to cancel it, she still came to our bldg and collected it in person and said covid is a scam. Ab bolo kya kare. 

Every food we ordered in the last 2 months from outside goes straight into the microwave to get reheated before we consume it and these guys are in a world of their own. 

Moron-a-viruses doubting coronavirus

• Haha 1

A family person's (who never gets sick) report came positive, (mild symptoms for now) had got first dose of vaccine like a month ago.

Most likely I would be as well (negligible symptom for now : a feeling in the throat that it's not 100% for both the other members)

will be at home for 15 days.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Can someone tell me if it's a legit lockdown or only lockdown in essence? Missed the news but I see that deliveries are allowed.

Its the same that was going on for the last one week only now with section 144 imposed. 

33 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Local. I have seen multiple sellers selling 3rd grade ones 

I am looking to buy one from Dr.Trust

Just couple of days ago that model was being sold for 1700 on Amazon and now even after a limited time deal, it's being sold for 1800 (waitlist full) with regular price of 2k.

The same device was once available at MRP of 1400 and sold for upto 4500 last year. Distributer literally looting people.

I'll go the pharmacy tomorrow and get one.