The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

12 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks a ton, man. Much appreciated. 

I hope so too. 

BIL's brother is in a bad shape. His whole family is positive - wife and two kids. Unless he miraculously gets an ICU, hopes are thin. Badly hypoxic. 

RT PCR tests as well as beds available here, but private ones. But let's just hope it doesn't come to that, hope he gets well at home itself.

Between your BIL's brother is your BIL as well right.

Just now read the news that  vaccines would be available for 18+ group starting May 1. So my question, Is it better to wait for better vaccines to enter the market? I pretty much do all my work from home.

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

We don’t use any treatment without evidence or guidelines.. so far no evidence that this works... until rct come out, can’t be sure..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Just now read the news that  vaccines would be available for 18+ group starting May 1. So my question, Is it better to wait for better vaccines to enter the market? I pretty much do all my work from home.

You should get what's available.

You will most probably be getting annual shots or boosters. 

You can even get better vaccines down the line after taking currently available vaccines, it's not that you can take just 1 vaccine.

Also, I don't really see any better vaccine coming to India soon.

Take whatever protection you are getting right now and make your family members get it as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Yes this is exactly what needs to be done right now 

I don’t think Sputnik,Moderna,Pfizer or J&J will be available here until 3-6 months down the line 

No, no. Sputnik's 1st batch will be available by April-end and the quantity will be ramped up post that. So most probably people will be getting Sputnik from private players.

I didn't classify it as a better vaccine because people generally assume that to be Pfizer and Moderna. These two and J&J are good 6 months away at best.

23 percent corona vaccine destroyed in the country till April 11, shocking revelation by RTI

New information has raised the government's concerns amid reports of a corona vaccine shortage. It has been reported that 23 percent of the corona vaccine in the country has been destroyed till April 11. Significantly, the states of Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Punjab, Manipur, and Telangana are at the forefront of vaccine wastage. An RTI filed over the vaccine responded that 44.78 lakh doses of the 10.34 crore vaccine doses used by states have been wasted.

https://english.newstracklive.com/news/rti-reveals-that-23-percent-corona-vaccine-wasted-till-11-april-mc23-nu764-ta325-1155925-1.html

57 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

No, no. Sputnik's 1st batch will be available by April-end and the quantity will be ramped up post that. So most probably people will be getting Sputnik from private players.

I didn't classify it as a better vaccine because people generally assume that to be Pfizer and Moderna. These two and J&J are good 6 months away at best.

Russia has do far vaccinated only 4.3% of its population and only 16m doses have been administered.

So my guess is Sputnik quantity that will come here will be extremely limited.

But even 5m would be good, cuz those who can pay 1000rs per shot can avail it, buying for open market.

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

define better.

I was worried it was gonna be 20+ when the vaccine age thing was lowered, but glad its 18.

Hopefully everything is smooth and systematic, will go get the swab as soon as possible.

Still can't fathom how people in my society still have the gall to walk around without masks and buy ice cream and whatever else. 

My best friend and his whole family got infected, despite his parents already being vaccinated (first swab only, covishield) 

13 minutes ago, Right said:

Russia has do far vaccinated only 4.3% of its population and only 16m doses have been administered.

So my guess is Sputnik quantity that will come here will be extremely limited.

But even 5m would be good, cuz those who can pay 1000rs per shot can avail it, buying for open market.

No, no. Only initial supply will be imported then most of it will be made in house. Production of almost 800M doses has been planned, details regarding how much of this will be used for India are not out but I guess we should be get more than half of it.

5 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I was worried it was gonna be 20+ when the vaccine age thing was lowered, but glad its 18.

Hopefully everything is smooth and systematic, will go get the swab as soon as possible.

Still can't fathom how people in my society still have the gall to walk around without masks and buy ice cream and whatever else. 

My best friend and his whole family got infected, despite his parents already being vaccinated (first swab only, covishield) 

Dose, not swab :D

Just now, AnK said:

Something which is more efficient against the mutations 

Covishield is least affective against Mutations 

Have you tested them on our people?

How many of covidshield and covaxin patients have been administered with very few side effects( atleast reported) in India.  This point of time any immunity is better then having nothing and waiting for some magic vaccine to appear. I would not call anyth8ing better or worse right now, or ya you can keep waiting till you want and then still get screwed after taking that vaccine, or screwed before that. Take what you get for now.