The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

A day doesn't go by without hearing about someone I consulted (this includes poor people) or someone from extended circle (family/friend) dying due to COVID. Not even a single day. 

I am sure frontline workers at hospitals have it much much worse. 

Everybody keeps on thinking about the poor, no one gives a sh*t about those actively managing these cases, getting sick, and being out of commission (or worse, getting critical or dying). 

Our house help showed symptoms, we asked her at least 10 times to come to our house to get tested (we were arranging for her RTPCR). She refused. We asked her to go to a government setup to get tested. She refused citing anyone who goes to hospital doesn't come back. 

Why the motherf**king f**k should I care about such idiots ? You try to give as much help as possible, but such idiots will keep on spreading COVID everywhere. She is not even sitting at her house, and going to other places.

• Sad 2

As posted above, everyone is responsible, be it government for lack of being prepared with Infra, be it people partying, be it the poor roaming around without masks. The rich parading Maldives photos and flocking the country to post in Instagram giving false hope to millennials that since there chutiya role models are doing it, they can do it too. I am to blame too, going to Goa when it could have waited, seeing people without masks everywhere, sh*tting my pants out but still sitting on the beach. Somewhere everyone posting on this thread has been guilty, maybe an exception here and there.

We f**ked ourselves, sometimes a thought crosses my mind of the people who are dying how many are responsible themselves, did they actually deserve it, a lot of answers would be yes. Yes the government opened up the lockdown, but they never said stop wearing masks, never said go party. The biggest mistake they did for which they are wholely and solely responsible are not postponing the elections and putting the step dpwn to stop Kumbh mela. Maybe if the focus was on the pandemic and seeing graphs rise, they could have tried to get things fast tracked, like now. The position we find ourselves in is 75% Citizens of this country (all of them) and 25% government.

As always we will just pass the bucks, introspect for a minute and think about it how many times have you personally broken the rules, how many times have you been in crowded places, you will have 80% of your answers.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 8

Just now, AtheK said:

As always we will just pass the bucks, introspect for a minute and think about it how many times have you personally broken the rules, how many times have you been in crowded places, you will have 80% of your answers.

This. 

We have not gone to a single mall, crowded shop, theatre, hotel, beach, or even a different city since this started. Always used N95, used sanitizer (to the extent that my mom developed dermatitis on her hands 2 months ago, and it still hasn't healed), and now I'm battling my parents and kids through this, after having taken all precautions. 

Please don't expect people who followed the rules to feel bad for those who f**ked it up for others. Rich, poor, doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

This. 

We have not gone to a single mall, crowded shop, theatre, hotel, beach, or even a different city since this started. Always used N95, used sanitizer (to the extent that my mom developed dermatitis on her hands 2 months ago, and it still hasn't healed), and now I'm battling my parents and kids through this, after having taken all precautions. 

Please don't expect people who followed the rules to feel bad for those who f**ked it up for others. Rich, poor, doesn't matter. 

Dude I must be the only 35 or below aged guy in the country who stepped out of his house door only once since March 2020, that too take my mom to visit my grandmother's house after her death so that she can see her father and meet her grieving brothers. We didn't even go on the day of her funeral or on 13th as we knew people won't follow social distancing. Still months later my mother got infected because some f**king a**hole must have sneezed without covering his/her mouth and the droplets reached my mother.

My mama's 50 year old neighbour traveled to different city for his shop material, despite having fever since 4 days, didn't get tested until 7 days of his fever when he couldn't breathe, died within 4 days in hospital. Imagine how many people he would have infected in those 5-6 days? His own mother and wife barely survived. Why couldn't he test on first day of fever and close his own shop for 5 days and recover from Covid? So many people are doing this to themselves. What will that money do for them if they are dead? People say bullshit like "I am gonna die with poverty anyways, then why not work and die via corona?" No you f**king a**hole, you will take 10 people with you because Covid isn't a personal disease, and you will waste beds and ICU in the process too, and probably infect the doctor treating you. And while you are struggling to breathe on the bed, pretty damn sure you will choose that poverty over Covid. 

My 100% sympathy is with health care workers who are putting their lives on the line or those who are getting infected despite following all Covid norms. 

So sick reading these last few pages :(

The only good news for me personally is that both me n my brother feel fine. And parents have not developed any symptoms. Not getting tested, too fearful of getting infected while getting tested. Just quarantining at home.

Also, my sister, bro-in-law, and their 6 year old have also recovered fully, though sister still has bad days now and then. They were infected a couple of days before holi, only had mildest version, no need for hospitalization, but still had to take meds from doc. But still, the exhaustion and headache they suffered this past month. I can only imagine how bad it gets for people who actually take a turn for the worse :(

This second round of lockdowns is gonna be a bloodbath for me, i am invested in the share market and it has been pretty bad couple of years for me personally. I find it hard to check the share market in the mornings now.

f**k this sh*t, i am all bummed out now, reading these last few pages!

Post edited

Edited by KnackChap
Political

47 minutes ago, AtheK said:

. The biggest mistake they did for which they are wholely and solely responsible are not postponing the elections and putting the step dpwn to stop Kumbh mela. 

Kumbh mela absolutely but postponing election would have meant imposing president's rule and that too when cases were low. You know all too well what shitstorm this would have caused. 

8 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Kumbh mela absolutely but postponing election would have meant imposing president's rule and that too when cases were low. You know all too well what shitstorm would if this happened. 

Elections were fine, but amidst signals that 2nd wave is coming hard, seeing central ministers & especially Modi campaigning was super annoying.

The worse fears became true, when they got caught unprepared.

It felt like they didn't care, while whole bunch of ppl poking them and then pretending as if everything was super unexpected.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

It could have been deferred for few months without president’s rule 

Could have been not?!?

Not sure but don't think this can happen unless constitution is amended. 

Also cases that time were low ( less than 10k). If EC had announced that all 5 state's will have president's rule back then you know what would have happened. 

Read this. Point e

https://www.business-standard.com/about/what-is-president-s-rule

How is President's rule imposed in a state?

e) Elections postponed on account of situations like natural disasters, war or epidemic

Monday today. Remember this before celebrating reduced cases. Especially those who are new.

15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yes this thread is very doomer. Should take a break. :unsure:

This dosage of reality is must because overly positive people put their guard down and here we are. Everything must be done to prevent 3rd wave.

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yes. 

Don't read too much into it. SC is no different here, anytime any important decision they have to make, they conveniently postpone it by months. Even now, it's just a comment with zero legal liabilty (or whatever's it's called). Making a worthless coment after the fact is worth jack all. Words are cheap, actions are louder. But when it come time to act, where's SC?

On 4/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, KnackChap said:

"People are dying due to lack of Oxygen; Why can't you manufacture Oxygen at Vedanta plant?" Supreme Court to Tamil Nadu

https://www.barandbench.com/news/litigation/vedanta-oxygen-plant-supreme-court-tamil-nadu-reopening

Let's see if milords have the balls to enforce and start the Vedanta plant. 

The Sterlite plant at tuticorin has been allowed to reopen for 4 months. :thumbsup:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/tamil-nadu-allows-sterlite-plant-in-thoothukudi-to-reopen-for-4-months-to-produce-oxygen-101619426060391.html