The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sadly you can't silence criticism in other countries. 

5 minutes ago, Walker said:

I don't even understand the point of trying unless you've already blocked all outside media.

Mimicking China. 

China sent a similar letter against The Daily Telegraph. They made fun of them. :rofl:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/via-local-commie-underlings-beijing-officially-disapproves/news-story/491b415795fbbdc526d33d5b569134a4

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/chinese-commies-censored/news-story/59fe2863320c1af5069b82417145bee6

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hahahaha. That was awesome :rofl:

13 minutes ago, Right said:

US view on FOS is the account should be purged overnight, not just the posts.

Say what you may, but the level of political roasting on US media - social media, TV, movies etc is just not tolerated here. 

They have their own issues - guns, abortion etc, but freedom of speech ain't one. 

Imagine doing a roast of the current leaders. You'll most likely be lynched. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Say what you may, but the level of political roasting on US media - social media, TV, movies etc is just not tolerated here. 

They have their own issues - guns, abortion etc, but freedom of speech ain't one. 

Imagine doing a roast of the current leaders. You'll most likely be lynched. 

The FoS issue is same. accounts are purged, posts are removed, people lose jobs over roasting and saying obscene things. 

Now Let me PM you a post here, it was not taken down.

Still there.

14 minutes ago, Right said:

The FoS issue is same. accounts are purged, posts are removed, people lose jobs over roasting and saying obscene things. 

Now Let me PM you a post here, it was not taken down.

Still there.

Saw the post. I don't think anyway except the anchor will care.

Have you seen the skits and roast of Trump and tons of other elected leaders ? Imagine that in India. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

US view on FOS is the account should be purged overnight, not just the posts.

I was gonna say the exact same thing. They have still kept trump's account banned. He tweeted through potus account before leaving even that was removed. 

I had no idea about why some news gets so amplified and some important ones do not. Then recently i came to know about the concept of liberal privilege and it all made sense. 

7 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I was gonna say the exact same thing. They have still kept trump's account banned. He tweeted through potus account before leaving even that was removed. 

I had no idea about why some news gets so amplified and some important ones do not. Then recently i came to know about the concept of liberal privilege and it all made sense. 

I think he was banned for a failed coup attempt.. people go to jail for that..

Edited by hsk_colossus

51 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

someone got banned from here? :unsure:

Politics talk itself is banned. This thread walks on the razor's edge and the only reason it isn't locked is because people share critical and up-to-date information.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Why is it so difficult to understand a private company taking actions is not equivalent to government banning something and passing laws to curb speech? 

Edited by dylanjosh