The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man, so well said. f**king channels busy with exit poll debates and what not. Pathetic. 

The f**k ? Wait till one of their own gets critical...

Their failures are open to be ridiculed by the whole world now. BBC and Reuters are doing a great job. 

In another extremely bad news, one of our neighbours had their whole family devastated by COVID. There are 2 kids in the family, around 12 and 15 years of age. 

Their Nani passed away last week due to COVID, their dadi and mom passed away due to COVID today, and their dad is in critical state in the ICU. No idea of his prognosis, and the dad's side of family is almost all COVID positive, and nobody is coming for helping those kids. 

Everybody in the society is helping with food etc, but God knows how those kids will get emotional support. 

2 more deaths in my wife's extended family. Both young chaps, less than 35 years. 

Wife and me were just discussing how unreal the situation is. That at some moment we will wake up and this all will be a bad dream. The grasp from reality is slipping away. 

My heart has totally sunk after reading this. I feel so so scared..

My friend's father-in-law is in critical condition. He was admitted last week. Mother-in-law was also admit, and she recovered and was discharged today. Friend went to Panama (works in shipping company) only 10 or so days ago.

24 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

This is heartbreaking man..

23 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Goddamn dude :( 

17 minutes ago, Walker said:

f**k that breaks my heart man. 

Edit: NVM. Rants of isolation. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, SuperT said:

This breaks my heart man.

How are you feeling you also had symptoms iirc ? Recovering well ?

Stay strong man and I hope their Dad recovers so that they have someone to hold on to... sending lots of positive vibes their way. 

Symptoms are off and on. 

Maintaining an spo2 of 95 or 95+, which is less than my usual of 97-98. 

Biomarkers are higher than normal, so started on necessary meds. 

The mutant strain has somewhat changed the COVID curve. Seeing quite a few pulmonary symptoms after 9-11 days (which used to be the recovery time last year). 

This is a weird mutant strain. 

Thanks for the positivity, man. Need it. 

6 minutes ago, Banz said:

My friend's father-in-law is in critical condition. He was admitted last week. Mother-in-law was also admit, and she recovered and was discharged today. Friend went to Panama (works in shipping company) only 10 or so days ago.

All the best to them. Stay strong. 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The profound reality of how things can get f**ked up in an instant is hitting hard, guys. 

I'm missing my kids so much - hugging, kissing, playing with them. 

The elder one was crying today, saying daddy is sick. Did not talk to anyone for half an hour. Just kept to herself. She is just 3 and a half. 

Have never felt the need to be alive more than now. Really hope this isolation does not drive me crazy, and I play with the girls soon. 

Sorry for the rant. 

Dude feel free to call when you want, we are all here.

This time shall pass.

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Dude feel free to call when you want, we are all here.

This time shall pass.

Thanks Aman ! Unfortunately can't talk much. Coughing my lungs out at the moment. 

I'll ping you one of these days. 

10 minutes ago, Right said:

Not her's, her friend's.

But this is happening.

Hell, man. Whole families getting destroyed. Kids orphaned. Where the heck will they go ? Losing their childhood. :(

2 minutes ago, Right said:

@Bird Bird Bird We are all here to support you in any way we can.

Stay strong, this shall pass. 

Thanks buddy. Fingers crossed. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, rdsarna said:

Really hoping this helps down the line.

Many are saying that the O2 problem is more of a logistics issue than a manufacturing or shortage one. The army’s whole cold start doctrine is based on mobilising  huge amounts of equipment and resources in super quick time. With all the foreign aid that has landed in india in the last few days, putting a guy who knows what he’s doing is not a bad idea.

• Like 1

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/india/18-44-age-group-can-choose-their-preferred-covid-19-vaccine-cowin-chief-rs-sharma-3691784.html

Although I think that this move will put burden on specific centres distributing a specific vaccine but open pricing might result in a competition to drive the prices down.

Overall, a welcome move.

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Many are saying that the O2 problem is more of a logistics issue than a manufacturing or shortage one. The army’s whole cold start doctrine is based on mobilising  huge amounts of equipment and resources in super quick time. With all the foreign aid that has landed in india in the last few days, putting a guy who knows what he’s doing is not a bad idea.

I have been always in favour of calling in the army, not paramilitary but the Army.