The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

27 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Guys scampering for vaccine, hold on boys, sit at home for few weeks. Its going to start showing up and in current scenario you are better at home then getting the first jab. 

I am sure 40-50% will return back with virus who go to hospitals now without proper protection. Break the chain, vaccine availability will only get better with time not worsen. 

Words of wisdom, but they fall on deaf years. Many will rush for vaccine, get infected during first jab, will have fever, will dismiss it as symptom of vaccine, and then situation will be worse. Those who don't need to step out for work should sit at home till positivity rate reduces to like 5-8% in their area. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Words of wisdom, but they fall on deaf years. Many will rush for vaccine, get infected during first jab, will have fever, will dismiss it as symptom of vaccine, and then situation will be worse. Those who don't need to step out for work should sit at home till positivity rate reduces to like 5-8% in their area. 

Ppl wanna suffer instead of being safe, stupidity. Lot of the early one will be Instagram warriors, just to post that pic. Later hopefully something else does not go on that pic. 

58 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

think the only qualification for being a HM in this govt is to be a Dr.  if they follow this logic our next HM might be Dr. Sambit Patra :panic:

This is the issue in our system that cabinet appointees are Political appointees, not those who know in depth about that particular domain.

Domain expert who are non-political appointees, tend to do better job, case in point Ajit Doval.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What to do about my uncle? He had his first dose of Covishield about 4 weeks back. Wondering if I should just ask him to avoid the second dose a few weeks. He has heart related medical issues so kinda scared. 

You dont have number of his doctor. Not possible to call cardiologist? 

What kind of heart problem he got ?

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What to do about my uncle? He had his first dose of Covishield about 4 weeks back. Wondering if I should just ask him to avoid the second dose a few weeks. He has heart related medical issues so kinda scared. 

I read Covishield is good do go till 12 weeks. But as risk is much higher right now, start trying to get the second jab right when minimum wait limit starts.

Edited by Right

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Covishield recommended gap for 2nd week is 12 weeks anyways. So wait for it to get maximum efficacy, unless he needs to step out for work or feels unsafe even at home. It's a very tricky decision which thankfully I don't have to take for anyone.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He's the fall guy I feel. He'll be fired after taking all the heat. 

Dude, he is incompetent as f**k. 

Look at his earlier statements, pre pandemic. He is not a doctor, he is political material, and that's why he is the Health Minister. 

Utter incompetent dumbf**k of a person. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Wait till 12 weeks. Let the positivity rate go down to 5%. 

If the period elapses, go for a fresh dosing via private  setup. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

So let’s say the situation is as bad or worse even at the 12th day 

Is there any info what happens if you miss the second dose window all together 

You take the first dose again?!? 
after how much time?!?

12th week, not 12th day. 

But no, no one has the info. And no one can guide you. 

I will personally just start anew. Looks like my parents will also undergo the same issue. Their 8 weeks ended on 23rd April. And it doesn't look likely that positivity rate will go down so soon. Dad already had COVID. Mom is the main person to get vaccine now, but I think we will have to defer. An apparently healthy person going to a hospital is just adding tons of risk. 

In another news,

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-asias-biggest-pharma-hub-at-baddi-plunges-into-crisis-as-raw-material-prices-shoot-up/381667

Gupta said, “Our association has been persistently asking the Indian government to set up an API-monitoring cell for regulating the prices of bulk drugs to save the interests of the MSME sector. The fluctuation in the prices and malpractices in the API have badly the sector during the pandemic.”

He recalled that all documents relating to the issue and also supporting evidence have been handed over to the government, which is dilly-dallying on setting up the monitoring cell despite a promise it had made in August 2018.

Incompetent governance once again. So much for aatmanirbhar. All API prices have increased 100-200%. Drug prices will go haywire now. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

12th week, not 12th day. 

But no, no one has the info. And no one can guide you. 

I will personally just start anew. Looks like my parents will also undergo the same issue. Their 8 weeks ended on 23rd April. And it doesn't look likely that positivity rate will go down so soon. Dad already had COVID. Mom is the main person to get vaccine now, but I think we will have to defer. An apparently healthy person going to a hospital is just adding tons of risk. 

In another news,

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-asias-biggest-pharma-hub-at-baddi-plunges-into-crisis-as-raw-material-prices-shoot-up/381667

Incompetent governance once again. So much for aatmanirbhar. All API prices have increased 100-200%. Drug prices will go haywire now. 

Damn.

You know what saddens/angers me more? 

This government isn't going away anytime soon . I Honestly think no government should get more than 5 years of tenure so they are kept In check 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hope he died gasping for breath. 

well, he was a bad man.

my dad was posted in Siwan for a year, Shahabuddin’s man killed a man in front of my dad in a market.

Then there was this DM, I used to play in his colonial-era bungalow. One day Shahaduddin’s man attacked him in a court with a machete, didn’t die but was in hospital for very long time.

5 minutes ago, Right said:

well, he was a bad man.

my dad was posted in Siwan for a year, Shahabuddin’s man killed a man in front of my dad in a market.

Then there was this DM, I used to play in his colonial-era bungalow. One day Shahaduddin’s man attacked him in a court with a machete, didn’t die but was in hospital for very long time.

Still he goes on to become an MP! You can clearly see what kind of people we have around .

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yeah I think they should start tying up with pathology labs for home jabs 

atleast for the ppl on their second dose 

So much of doses are just going to go waste if ppl miss their 6-12 weeks window due to high positivity rate outdoors

Do paise ki planning nahi kar rakhi iss chu*iya sarkar ne :doh: 

In Kanpur, my sis (whose husband passed away) had to their local hospital doing home jabs as long as the RWA could confirm minimum 10 people. 

But it was a hospital/RWA initiative. 

Home jabs are not easy. Just to give you an example, India's largest vaccination program - OPV - uses lacs of volunteers, ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers etc to make it a success. And it is a success since WHO oversees the project, and not the Indian government. Every case of AFB goes through WHO employees, with rigid reporting rules. 

I really doubt we have that bandwidth for home jabs for everyone, and other programs cannot be stopped due to COVID.