The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

27 minutes ago, Right said:

well, he was a bad man.

my dad was posted in Siwan for a year, Shahabuddin’s man killed a man in front of my dad in a market.

Then there was this DM, I used to play in his colonial-era bungalow. One day Shahaduddin’s man attacked him in a court with a machete, didn’t die but was in hospital for very long time.

Reminds me of our stint in Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. Tons of close shaves with Naxalites and Maoists. 

But killing a man in front of another man. Can't imagine what your dad must have felt. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I cannot talk about homeo or unani, but naturopathy has it's use. The first line anti diabetic treatment - Metformin - was discovered in plants. 

Around 40-50% of modern medicine drugs have been derived from plants. 

You see tons of companies selling haldi tablets now. Known to be anti inflammatory.

Ofcourse, all this is to be done within limits. There is no magic bullet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What to do about my uncle? He had his first dose of Covishield about 4 weeks back. Wondering if I should just ask him to avoid the second dose a few weeks. He has heart related medical issues so kinda scared. 

My mom also had get first covishield dose 4 weeks ago. I am going to wait for 2 more weeks and see what the situation is. 

India's official recommendation is to give 2nd dosage between 6 to 8 weeks. 

UKs recommendation is 12 weeks. 

So I'm going to wait until that 6 week limit, then start checking situation weekly. If things are still bad, postpone by a week. 

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Reminds me of our stint in Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. Tons of close shaves with Naxalites and Maoists. 

But killing a man in front of another man. Can't imagine what your dad must have felt. 

lol. Dad had very eventful time in Bihar, too much for a Bank Manager.

The killer walked out as if nothing happened, the crowd dispersed w/o anyone checking on the guy lying in pool of blood. Lives are too cheap.

The branch he was posted in, had currency chest, it used to be full all the time, so they used to stuff cash in wooden almirahs.

And not even once there was any robberies. Crazy.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Yeah I think they should start tying up with pathology labs for home jabs 

atleast for the ppl on their second dose 

US has turned the Pharmacies into vaccination centers.

It is very good decision, reduces load on overworked healthcare workers in hospitals.

Kya chu*giri chal rahi hai, iss country mein.

First they ignored him, mocked him, laughed at him, then called him greedy, put too much pressure on him to reduce prices.

Now they are threatening him.

We don't deserve people like Adar.

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I couldn't listen beyond 3 mins. Please give a TLDR. 

He is saying majority cases turn severe on 6th day when fever becomes high. We should give steroid like Medrol on 6th day if high fever comes, it should help and no shortage of oxygen will be there. 

7 minutes ago, Right said:

First they ignored him, mocked him, laughed at him, then called him greedy, put too much pressure on him to reduce prices.

This is f**ked up.

"The calls come from some of the most powerful men in India. They come from the chief ministers of Indian states, heads of business conglomerates and others demanding instant supplies of Covishield, as the AstraZeneca vaccine is known in India. “ ‘Threats’ is an understatement,” Poonawalla says. “The level of expectation and aggression is really unprecedented. It’s overwhelming"

Edited by Big Boss

15 minutes ago, Right said:

what the f**k ? Do these people understand capacity, distribution etc ? 

Massively f**ked up, man. Imagine getting threatened by all the political head honchos. 

14 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

He is saying majority cases turn severe on 6th day when fever becomes high. We should give steroid like Medrol on 6th day if high fever comes, it should help and no shortage of oxygen will be there. 

Steroids like Medrol should NOT be started without doctor's assessment. We need to look at symptoms + biomarkers + HRCT (if possible) to arrive to a conclusion. 

Steroids hit your immune system too, and an early start when they are not needed can induce latent infections, and decrease body's capacity to fight infections. 

Hence timing is crucial. 

Let your doctor decide.

Edit: 6 day theory is bullshit. People present with a wide variety of symptoms at different times. People without fever have gone serious and died (my jijaji - zero symptoms except breathlessness on his final day). 

It has not remained a 14 day disease anymore though. Many a times pulmonary manifestations can start from day 10-11 too. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Right said:

Lol. You think with population of 1.4b and per capita income of less than Bangladesh we can just give everything free. 

And despite having world's biggest public Healthcare program, ayushman Bharat.

Just the money saved from cutting DA of central govt. employees was more than what a full vaccination programme covering every single Indian would have cost. The country might be poor, but its not like the government doesn't have the money. The annual budget this year was 35 lakh crores. Not even 10 percent of that is allocated to healthcare, in a year when healthcare should have been the biggest concern.

The cost of handling wave after wave and repeated lockdowns is far more than what it'd cost to just give a 150 Rs injection to everyone.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I cannot talk about homeo or unani, but naturopathy has it's use. The first line anti diabetic treatment - Metformin - was discovered in plants. 

Around 40-50% of modern medicine drugs have been derived from plants. 

You see tons of companies selling haldi tablets now. Known to be anti inflammatory.

Ofcourse, all this is to be done within limits. There is no magic bullet. 

My post on haldi benefits may sound like infomercial.

I have arthritis mainly in my knee which gets  swollen up so have to take a long course of Sazo 3000 mg and Doxy. The moment i stop them my knee starts swelling up within 6 months of discontinuing the treatment. There is a cycle of knee swelling up for 5 days and getting normal the next 6 to 7 days and then getting swollen up again.

After my last treatment with sazo got discontinued my arthritis flared up and reached my chest rib joints as well. Couldn't even sneeze as the action used to cause severe pain so the sneeze used to just not happen. Then my knee started swelling up and due to side effects by taking anti inflammatory meds i started using organic india's haldi capsules twice a day. 

Beat the swelling that needed to be treated with nsaids or sazo and i can sneeze freely too.

I took organic India as the small capsule has curcumin concentration equivalent to 3 to 4 gms of haldi powder which may not even get absorbed by the body.

I just hope this doesnt cause kidney stones though as arthritis is a chronic condition after all and whatever that works has to be taken lifelong.

My college started the vaccination drive in the college hospital, just for faculty and students who needed college resources for research work.

Only a few students were eligible and I was one of them (also I live pretty close to my college), since there weren't much people and most of use were already tested before, I went ahead and got the vaccine. Covidshield.

But hearing how the things are going down at private hospitals like Max and BLK, I would recommend everyone to wait it out. Too crowded and too slow of the proceedings, danger is high. Only get vaccine if your employer or educational institute set up a secluded camp for you.

Will wait atleast 8 weeks for 2nd dose. For parents I will probably wait for the full 12.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

My post on haldi benefits may sound like infomercial

Not at all. 

After passing med school, I was extremely gung ho that only allopathy/modern medicine can save the world. Would discount every other branch of medicine.

Gradually over the last 12 years or so, by both personal and professional experience, I have started respecting the power of plants and food.

Was reading about the history of medicine some years ago, and realised that most of the initial discoveries involved some plant or the other. Even the synthetic form of APIs used in drugs are many a times an enantiomer or a similar formulation to what was found in a plant but couldn't be replicated due to whatever reason. 

One of the more recent examples is my hair. I have seborrhic dermatitis of the scalp, causing a f**kton of dandruff. If I don't wash my hair/scalp with a certain set of medicated shampoos for 2 days, my dandruff returns. It's pretty bad, and has been this way for around 7 years now. The usual trick with curd, lemon etc don't work. 

My wife forced me to start applying flax seed gel (boil the flax seeds for 15-20 mins and it turns into a gel like substance) on my scalp, and F U C K I N G HELL, my dermatitis was abated in just 2 days. No need of shampoo etc. I now apply it twice a week, and it works wonders ! 

My mom got a lot of relief with her arthritis with rhe help of haldi tablets and flax seeds. She can't even take pain killers much as she has early nephropathy. 

• Like 4

8 people died in Delhi’s Batra Hospital because of no Oxygen. Including a senior doctor.

They raised SOS at 7PM to Delhi Govt, to provide O2 by 12PM. It didn’t arrive till 1.30, and came only after NDTV tweeted the story.

• Sad 1