The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Mint: 'Everything falls on my shoulders': SII CEO Adar Poonawalla on vaccine pressure in India.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/people/everything-falls-on-my-shoulders-sii-ceo-adar-poonawalla-on-vaccine-pressure-in-india-11619874494149.html

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

It hasn't been a proper lockdown though but it is working to an extent. Had to go to college and although people are still going about on the roads, the numbers are definitely less. Plus, since all the shops are closed and restaurants are takeaway only, it will only help.

But I don't understand the decision on putting a stop on Amazon etc deliveries, restaurant deliveries are no safer even if they are considered "essential".

Especially tough for the shop owners though.

Not been able to source a physical copy of All the light you cannot see as well :(

I thought you'd already read that one? Do you mean "Between Shades of Grey"?

I can get you an ebook version if you'd like. You can read it on iPad or a kindle, buy the physical copy later.

Also, I had ordered books on Amazon on Monday, which arrived today. I went on amazon to check, and if you order the book now, you can get it day after.......

Apple can't deliver the macbook due to the lockdown though. 

32 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I thought you'd already read that one? Do you mean "Between Shades of Grey"?

I can get you an ebook version if you'd like. You can read it on iPad or a kindle, buy the physical copy later.

Also, I had ordered books on Amazon on Monday, which arrived today. I went on amazon to check, and if you order the book now, you can get it day after.......

Apple can't deliver the macbook due to the lockdown though. 

I read it on an Ipad and did not like the experience, so I wanted to order a physical copy as well. For some reason it was not getting delivered to my address but opened up for delivery just now and I ordered it. Not able to find a physical copy of shades of grey though.

another informative video by SG. here he mentions that the govt was hesitant to place more orders too soon because they didnt want to run into CAG/audit issues if opposition complained about a scam or anything. same reason he mentions for govt not giving grants earlier or ordering vaccines in advance before trials. 

Snagged a spot for vaccination in Pune for my wife and me. 

Did not register through same account. Created two different accounts as there was a glitch when i got my parents vaccinated. 

Have got slots at two different Hospital. Wife's at Yerwada and mine at some hosp in Pimpri Chinchwad. 

Fingers crossed. Wanted to get covaxin but guess i gotta get vaccinated first and worry about a better vaccine for later. 

I hope at least one of us gets the vaccine.

Cowin is sporadically releasing slots. And they get over in milliseconds.

Goa resident doctors threaten to withdraw services at Covid hospitals

The Goa Association of Resident Doctors said in a statement that there were two incidents of violence against doctors and equipment was damaged as the second wave of the pandemic overwhelmed hospitals and triggered a shortage of beds

www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/goa-resident-doctors-threaten-to-withdraw-services-at-covid-hospitals-101619765687180-amp.html

• Sad 1

UP cases reduced to 30k.
I know 3 people personally who have Covid and are taking Covid medications but aren't getting tested. One of them is an absolute moron who stays with his mom and is out "helping" others, despite having 100 fever since yesterday. No idea how many people he has infected already. What's the point of helping others if you are infecting many in the process?

I convinced him to start at least Covid medication from today and stay at home in isolation. His mother wasn't even staying isolated from him :doh:

Should be 1000s of such people every day

Edited by Big Boss

25 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

UP cases reduced to 30k.
I know 3 people personally who have Covid and are taking Covid medications but aren't getting tested. One of them is an absolute moron who stays with his mom and is out "helping" others, despite having 100 fever since yesterday. No idea how many people he has infected already. What's the point of helping others if you are infecting many in the process?

I convinced him to start at least Covid medication from today and stay at home in isolation. His mother wasn't even staying isolated from him :doh:

Should be 1000s of such people every day

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

7 hours ago, Right said:

Proportionally, dude. Delhi has 2cr population, UP is 20cr

But my point is not that, from Delhi has no problem of Oxygen on 17th April to we need X on 29th to we need X+ 300 on May 1st.

There is just  lot of dishonesty and finding ways to escape the responsibility.

No offense but you have no idea how these allocations work. It has got nothing to do with the population of the state. It takes into account the number of beds. The reason Delhi has more requirement than UP is because it has more beds. And even those aren't sufficient. The requirement was low initially but now the government has added a lot more beds in the last week or so and the number of people getting admitted has sky rocketed.

23 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

No offense but you have no idea how these allocations work. It has got nothing to do with the population of the state. It takes into account the number of beds. The reason Delhi has more requirement than UP is because it has more beds. And even those aren't sufficient. The requirement was low initially but now the government has added a lot more beds in the last week or so and the number of people getting admitted has sky rocketed.

UP has 3 times as many as active cases than Delhi, you mean Delhi has more bed and oxygen-bed requirement than UP?

Edited by Right

1 minute ago, Right said:

UP has 3 times as many as cases as Delhi, you mean Delhi has more bed and oxygen bed requirement than UP?

I don't think you understood what I said. The requirement is not calculated on the basis of the population or the number of +ve cases. It is determined by how many beds you have in the state. If a state with a population of 100 has 10 beds vs a state with population of 50 that has 50 beds, the latter will have more "requirement" as it's capable of "serving" more people.

Just now, TRMNTR said:

I don't think you understood what I said. The requirement is not calculated on the basis of the population or the number of +ve cases. It is determined by how many beds you have in the state. If a state with a population of 100 has 10 beds vs a state with population of 50 that has 50 beds, the latter will have more "requirement" as it's capable of "serving" more people.

So you mean UP ki Janta should make do with less oxygen than Delhi despite it has 3x cases but because UP has less bed per capita?

What logic is this?

2 minutes ago, Right said:

So you mean UP ki Janta should make do with less oxygen than Delhi despite it has 3x cases but because UP has less bed per capita?

What logic is this?

Dude, I did not make this logic. The govt of India did. If it were upto me, everybody would have whatever they wanted.

4 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Where did you get these bed figures?

Pls share how many beds Delhi and UP each have approximately.