The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

We have been discharged from the hospital yesterday. Forever grateful to the doctors, nurses and all the staff involved. We still feel quite weak, but hopefully it gets better. Thanks for your prayers and support everyone! They worked!

PS: My father has already started doing his office work. I swear man, these boomers!

Absolutely great news ! 

I don't blame your dad. This isolation can drive anyone crazy. 

https://theprint.in/india/times-now-suspends-election-results-coverage-sunday-says-institutions-have-failed/650010/?amp

Unprecedented. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Right said:

Kya chu*giri chal rahi hai, iss country mein.

First they ignored him, mocked him, laughed at him, then called him greedy, put too much pressure on him to reduce prices.

Now they are threatening him.

We don't deserve people like Adar.

17 hours ago, Big Boss said:

This is f**ked up.

"The calls come from some of the most powerful men in India. They come from the chief ministers of Indian states, heads of business conglomerates and others demanding instant supplies of Covishield, as the AstraZeneca vaccine is known in India. “ ‘Threats’ is an understatement,” Poonawalla says. “The level of expectation and aggression is really unprecedented. It’s overwhelming"

Rahul Kanwal on live tv said  CM Thackeray's shiv sena was one of the party who was threating him . Sardesai is even trying to defend this. :doh:

18 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Rahul Kanwal on live tv said  CM Thackeray's shiv sena was one of the party who was threating him . Sardesai is even trying to defend this.

Shiv Sena is a malignant cancer. 

Btw, excellent panel discussion by NK Arora (NTAGI) and others on Mirror Now on the new mutants. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Looks like a national lockdown is imminent. COVID 19 Task Force led by Dr VK Paul heavily pushing for it. 

Too late imo but still better late than never. You can't save economy if spenders themselves remain locked up at home and don't spend anyways.

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Looks like a national lockdown is imminent. COVID 19 Task Force led by Dr VK Paul heavily pushing for it. 

Super bad Idea, corona-big states peaked out and now plateauing.

And what we see today is result of infections which happened a week ago, must avoid temptation.

And MH, KA already have lockdown, many states are having covert lockdown. Only thing which is needed is blocking interstate movement 

Edited by Right

18 minutes ago, Right said:

Super bad Idea, corona-big states peaked out and now plateauing.

And what we see today is result of infections which happened a week ago, must avoid temptation.

No concrete idea tbh. But small towns are going from bad to worse. Just to give an example, a very senior person from the company I work for is stuck in a small town in MP, about 100 kms away from Indore. 

His wife is suggestive of COVID, but the town is not collecting any samples now. Biomarkers are taking approx 7-8 days to come in, and the only capable hospitals in town are jam packed. 

He has just started himself and his wife on COVID drugs empirically. 

Imagine this a 1000 times or more in small towns or villages. 

Also, Mirror Now is doing pretty good journalism. Since morning, have seen some really good experts chiming in their opinions. 

- Hits in small town

- Mutant strains and genomics

- Discrepancy between official deaths and crematorium data

- Need of transparent data as a solution

- Ongoing discussion on different waves and effect of lockdown

Legit surprised. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Rahul Kanwal on live tv said  CM Thackeray's shiv sena was one of the party who was threating him . Sardesai is even trying to defend this. :doh:

I don't get how he and so many journalist went so high up the ladder. Even an fool will know he's just taking sides.

43 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Too late imo but still better late than never. You can't save economy if spenders themselves remain locked up at home and don't spend anyways.

Yeah man this here is the problem. If you want to lockdown make it strict. People roaming on the streets, playing cricket every morning, Bhaji mandai full , this just becomes a double hammer.

3 hours ago, The Panda said:

We have been discharged from the hospital yesterday. Forever grateful to the doctors, nurses and all the staff involved. We still feel quite weak, but hopefully it gets better. Thanks for your prayers and support everyone! They worked!

PS: My father has already started doing his office work. I swear man, these boomers!

This is not only with you, my grandfather aged 75+ also refuses to stay at home , he has being going to shop since he was 16, he just says JI liya bahot darke Ghar nae baithunga. Still tried to manage and told him to come once in 3 days. You can't keep people home. 

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No concrete idea tbh. But small towns are going from bad to worse. Just to give an example, a very senior person from the company I work for is stuck in a small town in MP, about 100 kms away from Indore. 

His wife is suggestive of COVID, but the town is not collecting any samples now. Biomarkers are taking approx 7-8 days to come in, and the only capable hospitals in town are jam packed. 

He has just started himself and his wife on COVID drugs empirically. 

Imagine this a 1000 times or more in small towns or villages. 

Yeah even my worker told me that a lot of people have fever and back pain /Body pain. Non of them went serious though, and no testing facility over there. I think the good food they it might be helping?

4 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

I don't get how he and so many journalist went so high up the ladder. Even an fool will know he's just taking sides.

Yeah man this here is the problem. If you want to lockdown make it strict. People roaming on the streets, playing cricket every morning, Bhaji mandai full , this just becomes a double hammer.

This is not only with you, my grandfather aged 75+ also refuses to stay at home , he has being going to shop since he was 16, he just says JI liya bahot darke Ghar nae baithunga. Still tried to manage and told him to come once in 3 days. You can't keep people home. 

Yeah even my worker told me that a lot of people have fever and back pain /Body pain. Non of them went serious though, and no testing facility over there. I think the good food they it might be helping?

Yeah lockdown should be strict, otherwise no point.

Regarding your grandfather, my dad wasn't listening in the beginning. I flat out told him, if you are going to step out unnecessarily and get infected, I am not going to admit you to hospital and waste a bed for someone who really needed it because his couldn't afford to stay put. It worked like a charm :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AnK said:

States are plateauing only because of lockdowns & fudging with numbers 

Yeah more like, tests are plateauing. So many people are not getting tested, or straight up avoiding it despite having all the symptoms.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah more like, tests are plateauing. So many people are not getting tested, or straight up avoiding it despite having all the symptoms.

Rather than people not getting tested, it's the opposite. The backlog is huge, the system is over burdened, the collection agents are falling sick (or worse, dying). 

When we were getting our biomarkers done some days ago, the local Metropolis franchise head himself came to collect the blood. Was surprised. He said most of his staff is down with COVID, the lab is overburdened (our reports took 3 days to materialize). The central testing facility in Delhi has people staying inside the lab for over 5 days - not going home, sleeping in lab, machines working 24/7. Test loads are around 100x to 1000x (they would hardly see 1000-1500 requests for IL6 a month. Now it's almost 7000-10000 A DAY !) They're running out of reagents almost every day. 

We forget that among all this, these pathlabs are also severely stressed. 

They are making mega bucks, but they're stressed. 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I read it on an Ipad and did not like the experience, so I wanted to order a physical copy as well. For some reason it was not getting delivered to my address but opened up for delivery just now and I ordered it. Not able to find a physical copy of shades of grey though.

Yeah iPad is a pretty shoddy device for reading. I use a kindle, its great. I still buy books physically sometimes.

Amazon says if it will be delivered by May 6th, if I order it today. Between Shades of Grey. So check it now, maybe it wasn't in stock before or something. 

Amazon is delivering books but it will take longer than usual.

You can also have a look at Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Its also available on amazon.

Edited by Chirag2001