The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

5 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Except TB and at times Malaria, i haven't seen any protocol being followed in India. Heck even for covid, central institutes have a different protocol than states and what actually is happening on the ground level is another story in itself. 

Yeah, every doctor or city government hospital is giving different prescription for Covid. No idea what's the standard practice. 

1 minute ago, blitzkreiig said:

Except TB and at times Malaria, i haven't seen any protocol being followed in India. Heck even for covid, central institutes have a different protocol than states and what actually is happening on the ground level is another story in itself. 

Don't you think that's an issue ? We can classify mild, moderate, severe and critical COVID cases, and follow flexible protocols based on their symptoms ? 

The medicines, tests (frequency etc), monitoring etc can all be titrated into easy to understand flow charts which even a final year fellow can follow, and it will also stop rampant misuse of drugs. 

Right now it's all willy nilly. Early use steroids, RemD when the patient is on ventilation, Toci when IL6 isn't even high, many other replacement monoclonal antibodies without any evidence, abuse of drugs in hepatic/renal challenged patients etc. Everything is all over the place. 

There's a member on this forum (hasn't logged in in years I believe, and l will not name him), whose dad was admitted in a hospital in Gurgaon. They kept him on BIPAP for 7 days, and did not once check his biomarkers. No xray etc. They forcefully discharged him yesterday (he isn't doing well), and you'll laugh if you see the discharge summary. Such cases are grounds for medical negligence, and are all too rampant (similar case happened with my BIL's brother, via a hospital in Gulabi Bagh - forceful discharge. Stopped giving him meds). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

BPL had some stocks as our company is also looking to place concentrators in key cities. Very limited though. We got 2 from Philips yesterday, looking for many more. 

Best is if someone abroad can send it in your or company's name. We are also trying this route. 

Yuwell distributor does not have stock and they do not know when they will get further stock. Oxygen concentrators are being hoarded and being sold at a 1.5-2x premium over the normal rate. At this point, I think the only viable option is to go after the hoarders in India. I have no sympathy for hoarders; if they do not care for the lives of others then draconian actions are needed.

One client in Belgium hopes to give us confirmation by the end of the week.

15 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't you think that's an issue ? We can classify mild, moderate, severe and critical COVID cases, and follow flexible protocols based on their symptoms ? 

The medicines, tests (frequency etc), monitoring etc can all be titrated into easy to understand flow charts which even a final year fellow can follow, and it will also stop rampant misuse of drugs. 

Right now it's all willy nilly. Early use steroids, RemD when the patient is on ventilation, Toci when IL6 isn't even high, many other replacement monoclonal antibodies without any evidence, abuse of drugs in hepatic/renal challenged patients etc. Everything is all over the place. 

There's a member on this forum (hasn't logged in in years I believe, and l will not name him), whose dad was admitted in a hospital in Gurgaon. They kept him on BIPAP for 7 days, and did not once check his biomarkers. No xray etc. They forcefully discharged him yesterday (he isn't doing well), and you'll laugh if you see the discharge summary. Such cases are grounds for medical negligence, and are all too rampant (similar case happened with my BIL's brother, via a hospital in Gulabi Bagh - forceful discharge. Stopped giving him meds). 

Yes a uniform protocol ought to be followed, but in emergency the standard of care goes out of the window and the courts in India are okay with it. Most of the times these decisions are administrative and the doctor has no say in who gets to stay at the hospital. But all the blame lies with the doctor only. i worked in Max for quite sometime and if not for Google i wouldn't even know who actually owns the place. Paisa humara, blame tumhara.

43 minutes ago, AnK said:

This is just the photo of the mutated  “spike protein” 

The full body is still round like a crown (corona) which carries the actual RNA virus inside it 

The mutated spike protein signifies the reduced ability of old antibodies to attach onto them & prevent infection 

I figured that a lot later after posting. That it is just the mutation. Abhi gola hi hai.

49 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Yes a uniform protocol ought to be followed, but in emergency the standard of care goes out of the window and the courts in India are okay with it. Most of the times these decisions are administrative and the doctor has no say in who gets to stay at the hospital. But all the blame lies with the doctor only. i worked in Max for quite sometime and if not for Google i wouldn't even know who actually owns the place. Paisa humara, blame tumhara.

Yeah. Unfortunately hospitals are run by MBAs and not doctors. And unfortunately, the patient facing doctor gets all the blame. 

The hospital will also be too happy to blame the doctor for medical negligence in case they get sued. 

Just now, Right said:

GoI thinks we all will be alive to take the jab till 2nd half of 2022.

Optimism, bro. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Unfortunately hospitals are run by MBAs and not doctors. And unfortunately, the patient facing doctor gets all the blame. 

The hospital will also be too happy to blame the doctor for medical negligence in case they get sued. 

Optimism, bro. :lol:

Hey, can you please DM the details for companies from whom your hospital is procuring O2 concentrators.

1 hour ago, Right said:

GoI thinks we all will be alive to take the jab till 2nd half of 2022.

Nice, need to quickly finish work on the bunker I am working on. 

19 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Who's idea was it to let people only get vaccines from govt. hospitals now? :doh: I have one 2 lanes away and people are in line till near my society's building, zero social distancing whatsoever. Thinking to wait it out till private hospitals are allowed.

Which city?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/yogi-adityanath-help-desks-for-cows-in-every-uttar-pradesh-district/articleshow/82398222.cms

The cow shelters will also be equipped with all the medical equipment’s such as oximeters and thermal scanners for cows and other animals as well.

:rofl: :cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/yogi-adityanath-help-desks-for-cows-in-every-uttar-pradesh-district/articleshow/82398222.cms

The cow shelters will also be equipped with all the medical equipment’s such as oximeters and thermal scanners for cows and other animals as well.

:rofl: :cry:

lol what? :ko:

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Waise how long to abstain from drinking alcohol after taking Covisheild shot? Asking for a friend :fear:

There is not a set timeline. By abstaining from alcohol, you are basically trying to reduce anything which can have an inflammatory effect.

So when your fever and body/head ache goes away and you are back to feeling absolutely normal, then your friend can partake again.