The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

They are forcing expats to only get Sinovac. Non Chinese vaccines reserved for citizens only. 
Sis and her husband were forced to get Sinovac.
No it is not like that, I live here and I have option to take whichever I like. I have taken Pfizer

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

And since it's now happening in Covid patients who were diabetic, needed oxygen/ventilators and steroids, they should be advised to not ignore early symptoms and seek medical help ASAP. If you read that article, cases have gone from 2-3 a year to almost 2-4 every day. This is what I meant about lack of awareness, as patients are reaching doctors in advanced stages.

No need to panic. You need to be severely immunocompromised to be affected. Just having diabetes will not cause MM. 

This is possibly the first time that there is a mass use of immunomodulatory drugs like steroids and Toci at this scale, and hence those with innate weakened immune system might get affected as their system is compromised further. 

Again, early symptoms are just the usual COVID/flu symptoms. Diagnosis is via biopsy and culture primarily, which takes its own time, specially when most labs are busy with COVID biomarkers. 

Difficult to raise awareness tbh as the healthcare system is extremely burdened. Any discussion by media will lead to it being touted as another epidemic in the making. There were higher cases reported last year too btw. 

Know, but don't panic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

You are an expat, resident or citizen?

Not allowed on visit visa. My friend's mom stays with them on a visit visa but she can't get her vaccinated. Abu Dhabi didn't even allow pfizer till recently from what she told me and she was herself forced to take Chinese vaccine. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, VR46 said:

No it is not like that, I live here and I have option to take whichever I like. I have taken Pfizer

Might have changed then. They tried their level best to get Pfizer, but were forced for Sinovac. Same happened with all expat employees in our company. 

All got Sinovac as they had no option. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

Abu Dhabi didn't even allow pfizer till recently from what she told me and she was herself forced to take Chinese vaccine. 

This is what I was talking about. Choice must be a recent change. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Has there been any study on the Indian strain? 

Are we seeing more deaths simply because its spreading more (expected since its exponential) or the strain is actually different in terms of the severity of symptoms. 

Looking just at the numbers, the death rate doesn't seem to be different from before, but the deaths and cases numbers don't seem to be very reliable.

Not allowed on visit visa. My friend's mom stays with them on a visit visa but she can't get her vaccinated. Abu Dhabi didn't even allow pfizer till recently from what she told me and she was herself forced to take Chinese vaccine. 
As far as I know No one can force you to take vaccine ( in UAE) , our employer initially gave sinopharm to everyone (not forced) but some of us opted to wait and see, now Pfizer is easily available to take.
Even in our official email communication it is mentioned everytime that it is your choice to take vaccine and not forced, but this is for Dubai and I am not very sure for abudhabi.
Only catch is if you are not vaccinated than you have to pay for covid test ( Which are very frequent here)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Banz said:

Looking just at the numbers, the death rate doesn't seem to be different from before, but the deaths and cases numbers don't seem to be very reliable.

The new strain is stealthy, it hides detection  sometimes. Again this is not properly studied but rather general observation. 

7 minutes ago, VR46 said:

As far as I know No one can force you to take vaccine ( in UAE) , our employer initially gave sinopharm to everyone (not forced) but some of us opted to wait and see, now Pfizer is easily available to take.
Even in our official email communication it is mentioned everytime that it is your choice to take vaccine and not forced, but this is for Dubai and I am not very sure for abudhabi.
Only catch is if you are not vaccinated than you have to pay for covid test ( Which are very frequent here)

By forced I meant there was no option or choice. Either get Sinovac or wait. Hence all those I know got Sinovac since they wanted to avoid frequent covid tests. 

• Haha 1

By forced I meant there was no option or choice. Either get Sinovac or wait. Hence all those I know got Sinovac since they wanted to avoid frequent covid tests. 
[emoji106], got it.

6 minutes ago, Right said:

I cannot believe whole of Bangalore is vaxxing 600-700 18+ everyday. 

I refuse to believe that just 600 18+ are vaxxing in a city where the majority of them  pop is young and working class. 

Most people I know in BLR fall in the below 45 category. All of them have the same issue - unable to book slots via CoWin. Our apartment complex will be doing a vaccination drive for the residents once they receive the allotment from BBMP. I know a few other apartments doing the same. We are all just waiting for that to happen as CoWin right now is NoWin

11 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Children spread coronavirus 'more efficiently' than adults: Study

http://dhunt.in/f695Q?s=a&uu=0x39a381962510bc4d&ss=wsp
Source : "WION"

And WION does not link the study. GG WION. Can't find any true source. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Mumbai has like 3000 slots per day. This vaccination drive is a joke. 

Its cruel joke, because I am 100% sure that rich and people with means are getting jabs easily.

No one would ever find out if they came through Cowin appointment or sneaked in.