The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Just now, Right said:

Its cruel joke, because I am 100% sure that rich and people with means are getting jabs easily.

No one would ever find out if they came through Cowin appointment or sneaked in. 

Yup, when I accompanied my mom for her vaccine, we saw multiple RICC people bypass outsiy lines, coupon collecting and head straight to the vaccine srea. Once done they just sat in their SUVs and drove away.

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

They still have to take a slot on COWIN 

it’s just the que they are bypassing 

only ppl bypassing COWIN altogether are the private jet guys 

not the SUV ones 

But its still vip treatment right??... whole others are still standing in the sun, 38degree heat for hours.

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

They still have to take a slot on COWIN 

it’s just the que they are bypassing 

only ppl bypassing COWIN altogether are the private jet guys 

not the SUV ones 

Wrong. practically, Cowin is only needed for certificate and certificate is needed only when it is mandated for travel abroad.

They will find a way around later.

And do you think only the nurses of Kerala are skillful?

Edited by Right
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

America, Europe, etc have opened up pretty much and we're looking at another year of lockdown. :wallbash:

UK has raised Indian variant as VoC. They are having outbreaks in some areas with double mutant strain. Some 500+ cases. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

America, Europe, etc have opened up pretty much and we're looking at another year of lockdown. :wallbash:

Our govt. is not only responsible for the death count but also has siphoned off years of our lives. Then they will siphon off peoples' bank accounts by charging them the same tax (hopefully) even after such a disastrous year.

Over the past few years I was happy to see that people are now preferring to stay in India and expats are coming back but this has completely undone all the progress. I personally have changed my mind now, other countries are opening up while we will lose another year or 2.

Hey guys playstation 5 is available for order on Amazon and Flipkart now, both FK and Amazon have issued an statement that we have enough stocks, so don't worry. 

any connection of above to vaccine drive in India is purely coincidental.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Our double mutant has reached there, they will have to go for lockdown again, and also we might actually get clinical data of how much vaccine is effective on double mutant.

China also got 18 cases of double mutant from India. Returned back with interest :giggle:

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

It will peak by 2048 to around 1.6 billion 

& will reach 1.09 by around 2100 

according to lancet 

So yeah it’s safe to assume things will be a “tad bit” better by the next global pandemic 

?

I don’t know how they see India losing 41cr of population in 50yrs.

but India has always responded to pandemics by procreating like pigs, so rising to 1.6 will happen much sooner.

Cholera outbreaks led to population explosion in independent India that we had to start Hum Do Hamare do.

I believe similar thing to happen post corona

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Hey guys playstation 5 is available for order on Amazon and Flipkart now, both FK and Amazon have issued an statement that we have enough stocks, so don't worry. 

Reveal hidden contents

any connection of above to vaccine drive in India is purely coincidental.

Link? Amazon shows currently unavailable.

Do not troll; everyone is on edge :dwarf:

Edit: @AtheK Is Covishield the PS5 or the XSX?

Edited by silica
  • Haha 1

I have a doubt about vaccine storage and the way its administered now. AFAIK both vaccines have stringent storage requirements like -15 or -20 C. So when they take out a vial for administration, do they put it back in freezer for next dose? Or do they have freezers near the person who gives the vaccine? What happens if temperature requirement is not met in storage? Is it effective?

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I have a doubt about vaccine storage and the way its administered now. AFAIK both vaccines have stringent storage requirements like -15 or -20 C. So when they take out a vial for administration, do they put it back in freezer for next dose? Or do they have freezers near the person who gives the vaccine? What happens if temperature requirement is not met in storage? Is it effective?

what i heard from the local PHC is that once you open the vial it's good for around 4 hours. Also they store it in regular the ice box. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Covidshield and Covaxin have a temperature range of 2-8°C so it's not that hard to maintain the temp. A normal fridge or ice box can easily do the job.

Even then storage temperature and inoculation temperature are different things. For example: you can't just directly administer Pfizer/Moderna vaccine which was stored at -70°C.

• Like 1

After Two Doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Israel Data:

Compared to unvaccinated, vaccinated stands at (The Lancet):

1. Any SARS COV2 Infection: 95.3% effectiveness

2.Asymptomatic Infection: 91.5% effectiveness

3. Symptomatic Infection: 97% effectiveness

4. Covid-Related Hospitalization: 97.2% effectiveness

5. Severe/Critical C19 Hospitalization: 97.5% effectiveness

6. Covid Death:

A) 715 (unvac) vs 138 (vac)

b) 0.6/100000 person-days (unvac) vs 0.1/ 100000 person-days

C) 96.7% effectiveness.

Marked differences hold at all age groups.

Vaccination prevents symptomatic and asymptomatic infection, severe illness, hospitalizations and deaths.

Source: Daniel Goldstein, MD 

I have personally verified the numbers.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At present, there's only two vaccination center for 18+ at Kolkata.

Every time I look at the cowin site, both those centers are fully booked.

Can someone please link me to a telegram/email group, which would notify when new seats are available.

Also, would it be safe to visit these vaccination centers now, when the cases are at max .Or should I go after 2-3 weeks. By then the no. of cases should decrease.