The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

The 7 am to 11 am rule in Maharashtra is stupid, harms more than benefits.

Otherwise always uncrowded places are heavily crowded because of it.

Who will tell them though? I tried once on Twitter and the army was quick to bash and protect their so called "Adharstamb", some even dming stupid sh*t I had to delete it. In my city we have told the same to local government and what they say is "Warna alae te honar" , but won't use own brains .

31 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So wife's side family and cousins as are all infected in Delhi. Not one person escaped it. And there are a lot of em. Really a lot of them.

Wishing them the best. Most cases will be mild. 

21 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

BB is taking 3-4 days in Noida. Even for ordering they are using tokens on app. Take a token, order after 2 days, delivery after 2 more days. 

very annoying. I think I'm gonna have to use something less troublesome, can't do this

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/variant-accelerating-indias-covid-explosion-who-top-scientist/articleshow/82495110.cms

The surge in India is frightening not only due to the horrifying number of people who are sick and dying there, but also because the exploding infection numbers dramatically increase the chances of new and more dangerous variants emerging.

"The more the virus is replicating and spreading and transmitting, the more chances are that... mutations will develop and adapt," Swaminathan said. "Variants which accumulate a lot of mutations may ultimately becomne resistant to the current vaccines that we have," she warned.

"That's going to be a problem for the whole world."

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Anyone here from Maharashtra got vaccine for below 54+ , I'm trying since so many days but nothing

Quite a few people in my society got the first dose. They keep trying whole day. I am waiting for month-end.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Chutiya site hai ekdum. I input the correct capchta everything 4 times for 4 different slots. It would load and then nothing. Even showed available but mujhse hi personal dushmani hai. 

Kal laptop pe try karunga. 

Try on laptop, I was trying on my mobile for past couple of days and within mins. everything gets booked. Laptop - the few milliseconds you save in typing the code and otp makes a huge difference. I was fast enough and lucky to get a slot today when I tried with a laptop.

2 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So wife's side family and cousins as are all infected in Delhi. Not one person escaped it. And there are a lot of em. Really a lot of them.

A lot of my relatives also got covid in delhi.  Two of them had received their second dose of covid vaccine . They caught it after 6/7 days of second dose . All have recovered now.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Quite a few people in my society got the first dose. They keep trying whole day. I am waiting for month-end.

I don't see any slots the whole day. BC luck pe he sab ???

14 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Chutiya site hai ekdum. I input the correct capchta everything 4 times for 4 different slots. It would load and then nothing. Even showed available but mujhse hi personal dushmani hai. 

Kal laptop pe try karunga. 

You guys are getting captcha ??

Mujhe toh 18+ Ka slot hi nae show Kar Rahe ?

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Many studies have shown aerosols (micro) persist for nearly 3 hours in stagnant air, and depending on humidity, can even persist for 24 hours. 

BTW:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/how-taking-care-of-children-with-covid-19-poses-extraordinary-challenges/articleshow/82485815.cms

So nearly 10-12 times kids getting affected vs wave 1. It's pretty apparent if this turns serious in kids, we don't have enough peadiatric wards to take care of them. 

Another one:

CEF4CuD.jpg

If the govt does not take it seriously, and kids start dying, we might see some violent times. People won't take it lying down as is happening in wave 2. 

Do we have any info about third wave in another countries ? How Is it affecting kids there ? 

37 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Do we have any info about third wave in another countries ? How Is it affecting kids there ? 

IDK, but many countries have seemingly broken the chain of transmission by vaccinating a major chunk of their population.

Plus there's a higher chance of mutation if the virus is passing through as many bodies as in India. Who knows which mutation will be the next epidemic ?