The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

4 minutes ago, Right said:

But still GoI cannot make the decision to pass it to individuals.

I think that indemnification should go. People should be able to sue doctors/hospitals if they feel that there has been mistreatment or other hanky-panky.

My late Mousa ji,  had his kidney stolen by a renowned surgeon in Jabalpur. He got to know a year later when he had another procedure.

He sued the hospital but couldn't see the case through. Last year, 8 years after his death when case was seem to be going mousaji's way, doctor made out of court settlement with my Mousi.

The indemnification patients sign doesn't include that doctor/hospital can steal the organs.

You are talking about very different things.

This was discussed before so let's not get into if medical services should be treated as businesses or not.

Also in all practical sense, no one will be able to go against AZ or BB if something goes south even without the indemnification.

Pfizer has already been administered to millions of people and is safe, seeing the current list of orders they have, they don't really need to cater us especially at cost. We need their vaccines and that's the sour reality.

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm not denying their rights, just saying that if this is a reality in all Western countries administering Pfizer, they won't change it for india. 

Right now we need them more than they need us. 

Correct and this is the leverage they have used it everywhere.

Reality, GoI cannot sign indemnity on behalf of all Indians, because Opposition parties will eat them for selling out

it cannot pass it to individuals cuz it will still get called out by opposition and will be called a pussy.

Catch-22 totally.

I think a middle ground has to be found, GoI should guarantee paying settlement of 25L on behalf of pfizer in case of eventuality and 100% cover under Ayushmann for illness. 

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

The indemnification patients sign doesn't include that doctor/hospital can steal the organs.

You are talking about very different things.

This was discussed before so let's not get into if medical services should be treated as businesses or not.

When my Mousaji brought the evidences of "Kidney missing" to the hospital, Hospital said in their defence that during the procedure it was damaged and had to be removed out, though the OPD closure report issued by hospital didn't mention such incident. So it was a fit case for suing.

6 minutes ago, Right said:

When my Mousaji brought the evidences of "Kidney missing" to the hospital, Hospital said in their defence that during the procedure it was damaged and had to be removed out, though the OPD closure report issued by hospital didn't mention such incident. So it was a fit case for suing.

Obviously it was fit for suing. I didn't say anything different, I just said your example doesn't match your proposal to remove indemnification because it doesn't include protection from such acts.

11 minutes ago, Right said:

Stop discussing dicks, ok.

I sometimes wonder if countries like japan, spain, italy, uk, germany where population is so much less, they are developed countries, with far superior health infrastructure,  are getting down on their knees then how come we even stand a chance.

I hope vaccination is done as fast as possible.

Baba Ramdev’s Haridwar Covid centre is all talk and no trousers

The facility, a collaboration between Patanjali and Uttarakhand government, doesn't have enough staff and its ICU ward and ventilators aren’t functional.

The facility does not have proper water supply and Covid wards don’t have roofs :ko:

https://www.newslaundry.com/2021/05/11/baba-ramdevs-haridwar-covid-centre-is-all-talk-and-no-trousers

This thing will keep popping up, few months back we were in a better shape and UK was struggling with lockdown, now it's reversed.

The biggest gripe is that we had the use case, but we did not plan, Anyway no point hitting the dead donkey again and again. Hopefully government is ready for 3rd wave. 

How do the numbers look today, yesterday were good but it was monday, today should give a better picture. Mumbai seems to be doing good.