The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Getting a slot is a sick joke really.

I was able to book a slot for me and wifey 20kms from my house.

My brother who lives 30 kms away got a slot for him at the same center as me though there is a vaccination center 5 mins from his place. On Sunday. (I'll be meeting him after about 6 months I think?)

His wife got a slot at the center opposite my house on Saturday :wallbash:

And my elder sister has got a slot 45kms away on Monday. She lives 3 buildings down from me.

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

My brother who lives 30 kms away got a slot for him at the same center as me though there is a vaccination center 5 mins from his place. On Sunday. (I'll be meeting him after about 6 months I think?)

And my elder sister has got a slot 45kms away on Monday. She lives 3 buildings down from me.

Wow that sucks.

I know my earlier post sounds stupid and privileged. And it is. However while I sat there for one hour cursing how stupid this is I was also thinking how f**king lucky I was to have the time on a Friday, to sit for an hour searching for a slot, when I know a few who even if they managed to book a slot at a similar distance like me, would have a hell of a time getting there and back. Also because they don't have their own vehicle, public transport is sporadic and not direct, taxis are f**king expensive. I should be thankful really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walker said:

I know my earlier post sounds stupid and privileged. And it is. However while I sat there for one hour cursing how stupid this is I was also thinking how f**king lucky I was to have the time on a Friday, to sit for an hour searching for a slot, when I know a few who even if they managed to book a slot at a similar distance like me, would have a hell of a time getting there and back. Also because they don't have their own vehicle, public transport is sporadic and not direct, taxis are f**king expensive. I should be thankful really.

Taxis in Goa are a scam.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Taxis in Goa are a scam.

Yeah f**k. When I first moved here, after getting ripped off, I hopped on OLX and bought a used Activa (2007 model). Travelled the whole of Goa on that old rattly, rusty but crazily reliable thing. 

Edited by Walker

5 minutes ago, Walker said:

Yeah f**k. When I first moved here, after getting ripped off, I hopped on OLX and bought a used Activa (2007 model). Travelled the whole of Goa on that old rattly, rusty but crazily reliable thing. 

Damn union doesn't even let GoaMiles do its thing. Buying a vehicle is the only sensible thing to do. No wonder renting vehicles is so popular with thr tourists.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Damn union doesn't even let GoaMiles do its thing. Buying a vehicle is the only sensible thing to do. No wonder renting vehicles is so popular with thr tourists.

Last off topic. Dude these taxi f**kers are crazy. I had to send a taxi to pick up one of my business acquaintances from a big hotel. When the driver reached there he asked me to have the visitor walk out of the hotel till the main road some 1km away because the taxis parked outside the hotel threatened to damage his taxi. They also used to slash tires of hired cars or private cars parked outside hotels/venues.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

It's like this for everyone . Slots run out so fast that you don't have time to pick n choose center.

I have been trying since 2/3 days and finally got a slot booked today . 

34 minutes ago, Walker said:

I was also thinking how f**king lucky I was to have the time on a Friday, to sit for an hour searching for a slot,

Yeah true not only to have the time but also to get a slot when so many can't get slots. 

• Like 1

Just now, harjas said:

Thanks to everyone who wished for me, each and everyone of you, finally got back home.

Welcome back. Finally someone older than me here that I can call Bhaiyya :hug:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Welcome back. Finally someone older than me here that I can call Bhaiyya :hug:

:hug:Would be happy to guide as one if I ever can :)

5 minutes ago, harjas said:

:hug:Would be happy to guide as one if I ever can :)

Thanks. It's such a pain trying to keep up with these boomers, zoomers, Gen Z and what not. 

27 minutes ago, Right said:

So my neighbour, whose 13yo daughter and then wife earlier tested positive, has tested positive.

Staying in the same house, despite locked in different rooms, doesn’t save you.

It saved me. 3 infected people in 2 bedrooms, using one bathroom. I stayed in living room, using another bathroom. Always wore masks when going near their rooms or in bathroom. Never interacted with them face to face. It's hard to practice, but it definitely works.

It requires more effort from the infected, so I thank my family for that. They made sure they don't spread it to me. They still don't interact with me without mask. Stay in their room, eat in that room. No idea how long we will follow this :scratchchin:

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Walker said:

The side effects are immediate? Will I be able to drive back home?

You should be able to drive back home but if you have an option to have someone else drive for you  - let them drive. 

• Like 1