The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

13 minutes ago, Right said:

https://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/metro/mumbai/other-news/maharashtra-doctor-arun-bhise-claims-that-liquor-is-very-effective-to-kill-corona-virus/articleshow/82572269.cms

Coronavirus News: महाराष्ट्र के डॉक्टर का अजीब दावा, शराब पिलाकर ठीक किए 50 कोरोना मरीज

कोरोना वायरस और अल्कोहल का संबंध

कोरोना मरीजों को शराब देने के पीछे डॉ. अरुण ने कुछ कारण भी बताए हैं। उन्होंने कहा कि कोरोना वायरस ऊपरी परत लिपिड की है जो अल्कोहल के संपर्क में आने से नष्ट हो जाती है। इसी वजह से सैनिटाइजर से हाथ धोने की सलाह दी जाती है। शराब पीने के बाद वो खून की नालियों के जरिये 30 सेकंड में पूरे शरीर में पहुंचती है। फेफड़ों के बाद शराब हवा के संपर्क में आती है और वायुमार्ग से बाहर निकल जाती है। इस प्रक्रिया के दौरान शरीर मे मौजूद कोरोना वायरस निष्क्रिय हो जाता है। कोरोना कॉल में मरीजों को काफी मानसिक तनाव होता है। इस तनाव को कम करने का काम यह शराब करती है।

:rofl:

:majesty:

:suicide:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Right said:

https://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/metro/mumbai/other-news/maharashtra-doctor-arun-bhise-claims-that-liquor-is-very-effective-to-kill-corona-virus/articleshow/82572269.cms

Coronavirus News: महाराष्ट्र के डॉक्टर का अजीब दावा, शराब पिलाकर ठीक किए 50 कोरोना मरीज

Wasn't me. But the sh*t works. Days are foggy but the nights are clear af. 

18 minutes ago, Right said:

Real life Munnabhai MBBS. Won't be surprised if a doctor claims he cured Covid by jadu ki jhappi.

Edited by Big Boss

What a mess we have created! Pathetic state of country. Sorry to say this and don't judge me for this.

My parents were due for 2nd dose today. I went to this so called government hospital to get it done, exactly how I did for 1st dose. I was told the location has changed to some wedding hall nearby. I was like ok no prob let's go.

I go there and see s**t hitting the roof. There are about 50+ ppl waiting in that hall. Best thing is the vaccine was yet to arrive 

Chalo no problem. I waited for 1 hour and was told that I shud I registered a day early to get the shot today! How the hell will I know? We didn't get any message or news about it.

Chalo no problem. Then one lady comes to that nurse, with whom I was talking about registration process, and say she was covid positive and it's been 10 days she had no symptoms so is she eligible for a shot. That nurse asked her to get the F***k Outta the place first and only come back when she had a negative report. That lady still kept asking some stupid question. I so wanted to slap her and teach her the real meaning of home quarantine!!!

So finally I decided to just take my parents and return home, which is safer than waiting in a shaadi hall filled with noob F***ks.

Will wait for 2-3 weeks and then look for some private hospital!

Stay safe 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

People can call her a vulture, but she is doing am absolutely EXEMPLARY job of showing the ground realities. 

RNFXwBC.jpg

Yeah she is showing ground realities and interviewing virologists/statisticians/scientists to share the truth that's why she is being called a vulture by those who want truth to stay hidden.  

Also some facts about the whole Vulture article here 

• Like 1

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/61k-covid-deaths-not-counted-in-gujarat-report-101621027267608-amp.html

61k Covid deaths not counted in Gujarat: Report

Divya Bhaskar reported that local bodies issued 123,871 death certificates between March 1 and May 10, compared to 58,000 in the same period last year. The data was based on disclosures by municipal authorities in 33 districts and eight major cities, the paper reported. The report added that in the same period, death certificates issued by each of the 33 districts for Covid-19 fatalities came to 4,218.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

On a side note, my left hand (where i got the vaccine) hurts like a bitch, can barely move it. Everyone in home has 101 F fever as well and I have a throbbing headache. I hope it subsides soon. 

Covaxin or Covishield ? 

Just got 1st shot of covishield today . Most people I know also got pain next day (after vaccination) . But only few got fever . 

The treating nurse was advising everyone to take paracetamol from today itself though whether you get fever or not . 

23 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

F U C K.  The usual incidence rate was around 70-100 per year (which a couple of decades earlier was maybe 10-12 a year), and it was touted that we were seeing a high incidence. 

These are insane numbers. And Amphotericin B (used for its treatment) is a toxic drug too. Continuous monitoring needed. Can't do sh*t at home. 

This will cause more crunch for beds, not to mention the high mortality due to MM. 

11 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/61k-covid-deaths-not-counted-in-gujarat-report-101621027267608-amp.html

61k Covid deaths not counted in Gujarat: Report

Divya Bhaskar reported that local bodies issued 123,871 death certificates between March 1 and May 10, compared to 58,000 in the same period last year. The data was based on disclosures by municipal authorities in 33 districts and eight major cities, the paper reported. The report added that in the same period, death certificates issued by each of the 33 districts for Covid-19 fatalities came to 4,218.

I guess technicalities of reporting. Death due to COVID vs COVID related death (everything depends on the assessee). 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I guess technicalities of reporting. Death due to COVID vs COVID related death (everything depends on the assessee). 

I'm not sure but wasn't there a country that went back and reassessed how they were counting to include death due to factors arising from covid? Ended up including a helluva lot more deaths than earlier reported I think. Err on the side of caution would be better no in the long run?

Just now, Walker said:

I'm not sure but wasn't there a country that went back and reassessed how they were counting to include death due to factors arising from covid? Ended up including a helluva lot more deaths than earlier reported I think. Err on the side of caution would be better no in the long run?

Did a post about how reporting happens some pages back. Also posted a link to WHO guidance as well. 

If seems India is following its own reporting method. Plus A LOT depends on who is preparing the report (assessment of cause of death). 

• Like 1

Govt hospital in Bharatpur leases out 20 PM CARES-funded ventilators to pvt hospital

In a shocking development, Bharatpur's Rai Bahadur hospital has leased 20 of its ventilators provided for by PM-CARES Fund to Jindal private hospital, citing 'non-usage', sources reported on Monday. An aggrieved patient's kin questioned as to why the ventilators were leased out instead of being used in the government hospital.

https://m.republicworld.com/india-news/politics/govt-hospital-in-bharatpur-leases-out-20-pm-cares-funded-ventilators-to-pvt-hospital.html

• Confused 1