The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Tested negative finally. 

But this f**king virus, man. A very brief brisk walk and tired and breathless as f**k. :ranting:

Slow recovery. 

Get well bro. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Government has announced that people should take vaccine 3 months after recovering from infection.

How do they plan to identify who’s had it or not? 
There would so millions who silently had it and overcame without even knowing. 

Just now, Jigsaw said:

How do they plan to identify who’s had it or not? 
There would so millions who silently had it and overcame without even knowing. 

It will be based on personal decision I guess. Basically they are indirectly saying that vaccine is useless if taken within 3 months. So if people want to waste their efforts to take vaccine it's their choice. I don't know if vaccine has any effect if you already have antibodies. Won't the antibodies just kill the vaccine and render it ineffective?

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It will be based on personal decision I guess. Basically they are indirectly saying that vaccine is useless if taken within 3 months. So if people want to waste their efforts to take vaccine it's their choice. I don't know if vaccine has any effect if you already have antibodies. Won't the antibodies just kill the vaccine and render it ineffective?

If they are insinuating 2nd dose within 90 days is ineffective now, what happens to all those who are already done mostly inside 4-6 weeks?

They’ll again choch-maarofy in our stock later :wallbash:

17 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Brilliant video. @Bird Bird Bird anything wrong with his observations you feel? He seems to have given perfect explanation for everything.

Beautiful Isn't it?

I wish I had a professor like him in my student life.

40 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/covid-19-difference-between-antibodies-from-vaccines-and-antibodies-from-infection/amp_articleshow/82687650.cms

In short, vaccines target specific parts of a virus while natural infection doesn't always. In case of Covidshield, it's the spike protein attached to a chimpanzee adenovirus.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/covid-19-difference-between-antibodies-from-vaccines-and-antibodies-from-infection/amp_articleshow/82687650.cms

In short, vaccines target specific parts of a virus while natural infection doesn't always. In case of Covidshield, it's the spike protein attached to a chimpanzee adenovirus.

But will the antibodies just not kill the vaccine thinking it as Covid virus even if it's spike protein attached to adenovirus? Otherwise what's the reason people ask to wait for 1-2 months after infection, even if it was mild? 

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

But will the antibodies just not kill the vaccine thinking it as Covid virus even if it's spike protein attached to adenovirus? Otherwise what's the reason people ask to wait for 1-2 months after infection, even if it was mild? 

Hi Ank

You accidentally logged in with Big Boss’s credentials. Kindly log out and use your own login. 

Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Well, they will. But the immune system will have to create the antibodies as a response to the vaccine, if the specific antibodies aren't present then those will be created and if they are already present then still body will produce an immune response to create more of those antibodies. It's not a one and done thing.

It will be a simultaneous process.

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Well, they will. But the immune system will have to create the antibodies as a response to the vaccine, if the specific antibodies aren't present then those will be created and if they are already present then still body will produce an immune response to create more of those antibodies. It's not a one and done thing.

It will be a simultaneous process.

And all this assuming that body didn't create spike protein antibodies during infection as it was mild infection?

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

And all this assuming that body didn't create spike protein antibodies during infection as it was mild infection?

If the body didn't create it then the body should create it against the vaccine. If the body created it then it will still produce an immune response to create more of it.

It's not like N amount of antibodies created during infection will keep you save for the rest of your life, more of those will be created when the same spike protein is encountered.

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If the body didn't create it then the body should create it against the vaccine. If the body created it then it will still produce an immune response to create more of it.

It's not like N amount of antibodies created during infection will keep you save for the rest of your life, more of those will be created when the same spike protein is encountered.

So it will create more antibodies for existing antibodies and new antibodies for protein it didn't detect earlier because it wasn't a severe infection. So then the wait period earlier was probably only for giving sufficient time for person to recover and now it is added because of vaccine shortage. So just makes sense to get vaccine if you are completely recovered, instead of waiting 2 months more.

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

So it will create more antibodies for existing antibodies and new antibodies for protein it didn't detect earlier because it wasn't a severe infection. So then the wait period earlier was probably only for giving sufficient time for person to recover and now it is added because of vaccine shortage. So just makes sense to get vaccine if you are completely recovered, instead of waiting 2 months more.

If your body encounters the same target as it did before then it will use existing antibodies to kill the target and simultaneously create more antibodies.

If it encounters something new then obviously it will have to create new antibodies.

So if spike protein antibody was already present in your body, the vaccine will make your body create more of it even if the existing antibodies keep on killing the virus.

The waiting period is set acc. to how much time it takes your body to forget or say lose the memory of the virus. Human body has a very bad memory of the flu virus and covid bears some resemblance to it. There are debates regarding body actually forgetting the memory induced by vaccine along with the natural vaccine when the dose is administered quite early, so they give a safe estimate.

Doctors were recommending 2 months before but as far as I know, 21 days - 6 weeks is appropriate.

The current increase in wait-period purely seems like an attempt to counter shortage because obviously every recovered person will want to get a vaccine and there are tons of them. Maybe the Govt. is hoping that the existing ABs will be able to fly for 3 months.

Earlier they also tried to increase it to 6 months.

• Like 1

Got first dose of Covishield yesterday at MAX Hospital, Patparganj. A lot of people around me were getting the govt schools, and I hear its very clean and orderly there, but I just wanted to get it done.

Took me like 2-3 hours, had to pay the bloodsuckers 900 bucks in cash, but at least I'm vaccinated now.

No fever or anything else today. Got my slot through the U45 Telegram group, in case anyone is still trying.  

• Like 3