The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

9 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Looks like my client is arranging vaccines for us. And via Apollo. So it seems it will be Sputnik. Sigh.

Awesome. Can’t wait for such a thing for me. Either work or complex. 

14 minutes ago, North said:

Got first dose of Covishield yesterday at MAX Hospital, Patparganj. A lot of people around me were getting the govt schools, and I hear its very clean and orderly there, but I just wanted to get it done.

Took me like 2-3 hours, had to pay the bloodsuckers 900 bucks in cash, but at least I'm vaccinated now.

No fever or anything else today. Got my slot through the U45 Telegram group, in case anyone is still trying.  

Congrats bro. Don’t fret over the money. Jaam hai toh jahaan hai. Last year supreme leader ne hi bola tha. 

My wife and in-laws have tested positive. Seems like she has caught the virus during one of a doctors visit for routine blood tests(she is pregnant). 2 masks + face shield and extreme alertness was of no use. Still it found a way to infect her :(

My wife got low-grade fever and cough and sore throat is recovering still. Fever is in control with Paracetamol.   

She moved to relatives house who are doctors immediately on testing positive as my in-laws should be very careful. One is Kidney transplant recipient and the other one was Donor. But silver lining is that they are both vaccinated double dose covaxin and its been more than a month. Currently one is asymptomatic and other had low grade fever but better now. 

I have also been exposed to my in-laws while they were waiting for results. I had isolated in separate room but had to share bathroom. On learning they also tested positive, i moved out of their house to same relatives house as my wife is staying but separate room.

Since yesterday i started fever 99-100.5  and started on antibiotics and paracetamol. Its still around 99-100 now, D2.  Will be getting myself tested again for RT-PCR tomorrow. 

This has opened a lot of questions for me as to if i really got infected last month or if this is re-infection due to new exposure or if its due to new strain since this is in different state(AP).   Any thoughts guys?  The only other indication at that time was that i had high levels of d-dimer so i presumed RT-PCR was not false positive and i really did get infected. 

Hoping things become better soon and all of us recover without any complications, especially my wife and in-laws. Feeling stressed, but trying to stay strong.

• Sad 6

Too many exposure points bro, imagine in our case my wife caught it sitting at home.  This variant is crazy spreader, hopefully all of you recover soon and be hale and hearty, my best wishes.

19 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

My wife and in-laws have tested positive. Seems like she has caught the virus during one of a doctors visit for routine blood tests(she is pregnant). 2 masks + face shield and extreme alertness was of no use. Still it found a way to infect her :(

My wife got low-grade fever and cough and sore throat is recovering still. Fever is in control with Paracetamol.   

She moved to relatives house who are doctors immediately on testing positive as my in-laws should be very careful. One is Kidney transplant recipient and the other one was Donor. But silver lining is that they are both vaccinated double dose covaxin and its been more than a month. Currently one is asymptomatic and other had low grade fever but better now. 

I have also been exposed to my in-laws while they were waiting for results. I had isolated in separate room but had to share bathroom. On learning they also tested positive, i moved out of their house to same relatives house as my wife is staying but separate room.

Since yesterday i started fever 99-100.5  and started on antibiotics and paracetamol. Its still around 99-100 now, D2.  Will be getting myself tested again for RT-PCR tomorrow. 

This has opened a lot of questions for me as to if i really got infected last month or if this is re-infection due to new exposure or if its due to new strain since this is in different state(AP).   Any thoughts guys?  The only other indication at that time was that i had high levels of d-dimer so i presumed RT-PCR was not false positive and i really did get infected. 

Hoping things become better soon and all of us recover without any complications, especially my wife and in-laws. Feeling stressed, but trying to stay strong.

Wishing speedy recovery to everyone man, holy sh*t if it's a reinfection within a month. I don't know what to say, just that you won't get more than mild symptoms.

49 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Congrats bro. Don’t fret over the money. Jaam hai toh jahaan hai. Last year supreme leader ne hi bola tha. 

no no, of course not. I consider myself fortunate to have even gotten a slot and get the vaccine. 

@Pacifier stay strong and take care bro. Hope your wife recovers soon!

31 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Too many exposure points bro, imagine in our case my wife caught it sitting at home.  This variant is crazy spreader, hopefully all of you recover soon and be hale and hearty, my best wishes.

How is your wife doing? Hopefully mild symptoms only? 

https://theprint.in/india/for-indias-point-of-view-modi-govt-to-launch-bbc-world-like-dd-international-channel/661100/

For India’s point of view’ — Modi govt to launch BBC World-like DD International channel

With Modi govt facing global flak over its Covid handling, Prasar Bharati last week set in motion the process for getting pvt players to prepare a detailed project report for the channel.

We are going back to propaganda days. 

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

How is your wife doing? Hopefully mild symptoms only? 

Still going on, hopefully gets better soon. Apparently this variant is staying longer. It's a tough one to deal with this virus, you think you are ready, but you are not. And when it's a gal, the emotional angle from her side makes it even more tough.

Hoping she is fine soon.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

@Jigsaw you wont have to wait for your client to vaccinate you with sputnik

How come 3 bids for the same vaccine?

Manufacturer is the same. Most probably 3 bids by the same manufacturer for 3 different delivery dates.

Also why increasing the deadline? It's not like we can wait.

1 minute ago, Right said:

All 3 bidders look like this guy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrPIZUhnek2VHMLRO6Y_O

So much for all the talk about being sceptical about anything coming out of Mother Russia last year. :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I legit thought it was just salt water mixed with propaganda. 

But these guys actually delivered. Respect. 

Everyone delivered except :giggle:

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

But you said she went outside to your parents house?

Also masks not effective in open areas when its airborne?