The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1.52 lacs today, I know it is Sunday numbers, but last time we did not see a major jump, hopefully case stays the same. 16,83,135 samples were tested on Sunday, taking the total tests to 34,48,66,883.

Saturday was 1.65 Lacs,  20,63,839 COVID-19 tests were conducted in the country on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, AtheK said:

1.52 lacs today, I know it is Sunday numbers, but last time we did not see a major jump, hopefully case stays the same. 16,83,135 samples were tested on Sunday, taking the total tests to 34,48,66,883.

Saturday was 1.65 Lacs,  20,63,839 COVID-19 tests were conducted in the country on Saturday.

All this doesn’t matter 

The numbers are going down because of strict lockdowns

Less movement = Less spread 

Real test will be once things start to unlock 

I think when Governments are stressing on the impending 3rd wave they are having this unlock 2.0 in mind rather than another mutation/season of the virus 

I think it’s practical to get as many ppl vaccinated as possible while very slowly unlocking 

but I think economic loss is too huge already 

Yesterday Kotak bank owner said that now is the time to print money & bail out the country 

Edited by AnK

10 minutes ago, makdi_manav said:

Can I eat outside food (pizza) 1-2 hours after vaccination. Plan to microwave the pizza for 60secs.

Someone please reply quickly.

Lol Yes 

Though it’s recommended to eat easily digestible food in first two days 

Me & my dad have a weak digestive system so we both faced gastric problems after 1st dose 

If your digestive system is strong I think you can go ahead 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Vaccination done in morning.
Is it advisable to drive today?
Got some errands to do.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Don’t drive tmrw as it’ll probably be hurting if you took Covishield 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AtheK said:

cases are definitely decreasing… our emergency and one of our icu is empty now..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah. Wearing masks is the bare minimum and very much possible for pretty much everything. A lot of jobs can resume with acceptable risks if people just adhere to guidelines. 

Problem is its best case scenario and it won't happen. 

There is still very little seriousness in smaller cities and villages and our leadership is also still not as serious as they should be. 

Even Modi stopped wearing masks after a while so what message does that send. 

Correct i am not saying government should not be let loose, they deserve all the brickbats they got. They acted after the damage was done, though they got it in control. If this was done earlier, we might have been in better shape. Hope they don't repeat the mistake, what is done is now done, hopefully lessons are learnt. Same goes for the public, they need to learn too, if they don't they suffer, it is simple. Yes some will suffer because of foolishness of others, but we can't really help it, hopefully such cases are minimum. For your own good wait to step out before you are vaccinated, if you can, you can begin there. Who has to go out for work, he/she has no choice, so employers need to find a way out for them to get vaccinated on priority.

Small cities took a huge hit this time, they were spared last time, but this time no one was spared, hope they now understand and act accordingly, if they won't, they will suffer it is simple. This message needs to be engraved everywhere, media should act more responsibly. This is a collective effort now, that is the only way forward. Hopefully the stupid politicians act responsible now, atleast i see Modi uncle wearing amsks now. masks have to be mandatory for atleast a year, if not more.

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

cases are definitely decreasing… our emergency and one of our icu is empty now..

Good to hear ground reality!!

Finally wife got vaccinated today. 

Society tied up with local Fortis. Absolute mismanagement. No tokens, no numbers, only battle royale. The UP-ite in me realized this early on and ended up 2nd to get vaccinated. :chucks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Malls should only allow people inside if you have had atleast one dose of vaccination, same for pubs and hotels. 

It's a necessity at this point.

I know few people who pooled all their money, took loans to start businesses in Citywalk (a mall in Delhi) and they have been just shut.

No cash flow coming in, loans getting defaulted, the recovery guys literally threaten them.

And it's not that interest has been waived off, it keeps building up and they have absolutely no means of revenue.

When they opened malls couple months ago, they put in more money to get it going and paid the staff and it all went downhill again.

Plus the rent itself is a nightmare. I am not sure if they will be able to recover.

It's time to start vaccinated people get on, limit the capacity but atleast let them open up.

One guy came to our house to check why we wear masks and face shield regularly. He stays in front of our flat and can see through our kitchen window. I said we wear it when we talk to someone outside and when we are sanitizing something brought from outside. He was like wearing masks too much is bad and can reduce oxygen. I wanted him to bitchslap him so hard. f**king morons. I told him my mother got infected without stepping out and so we are being extra careful as we don't know what caused infection, and then asked him that someone got infected at their home too. He said yes all of us because wife went to marriage ceremony during pandemic. f**king morons everywhere. There is no stopping this sh*t. I live a society full of stupid people.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

One guy came to our house to check why we wear masks and face shield regularly. He stays in front of our flat and can see through our kitchen window. I said we wear it when we talk to someone outside and when we are sanitizing something brought from outside. He was like wearing masks too much is bad and can reduce oxygen. I wanted him to bitchslap him so hard. f**king morons. I told him my mother got infected without stepping out and so we are being extra careful as we don't know what caused infection, and then asked him that someone got infected at their home too. He said yes all of us because wife went to marriage ceremony during pandemic. f**king morons everywhere. There is no stopping this sh*t. I live a society full of stupid people.

Tell me what can government in this case. I am telling you this is 70% morons like these and 30% government. The worst is they still refuse to learn after all this. Wearing mask inside his house well is his choice, but why question others :doh:

I hope atleast he and his family wears it when they step out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

tenor.gif

50 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's a necessity at this point.

I know few people who pooled all their money, took loans to start businesses in Citywalk (a mall in Delhi) and they have been just shut.

No cash flow coming in, loans getting defaulted, the recovery guys literally threaten them.

And it's not that interest has been waived off, it keeps building up and they have absolutely no means of revenue.

When they opened malls couple months ago, they put in more money to get it going and paid the staff and it all went downhill again.

Plus the rent itself is a nightmare. I am not sure if they will be able to recover.

It's time to start vaccinated people get on, limit the capacity but atleast let them open up.

I don't know why they had to close down shops.

Keep them open and allow teleshopping and home deliveries, just like being done for eateries.

I wanted to buy whole bunch of stationery stuff for the kid's summer school. We ended up ordering everything from Amazon and yet couldn't get every item we needed.

Same thing could've been bought from the shop which is literally half a block away.