The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

12 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Atleast he is sending the right message now, just not him many said covid is over in feb also. 

Yes he is sending the right message now .. His case is different from others though . He said that in March when cases were on rise and Upto 20k a day .

In Feb this guy was busy promoting Coronil .

• Like 1

Got vaccinated today afternoon with wife & sister at a Pvt hospital. Took covidshield but had the option of choosing covaxin too but went with covidshield as it's cheaper and in general I presume the availability 3 months down the line will be better than covaxin. Paid 780 per dose and it took me more time in the billing counter than registering & taking the dose. Smooth process all around & cowin app instantly sent the sms certificate. Hospital didn't give any dolo or pcm despite charging  but govt hospital & phc give out 2 tablets to everyone. Also to note that the govt isnt listed on cowin app/website. 

No fever or pain so far but feeling slightly doozy right now, might pop a dolo before going to bed. 

And before @Bhpian Bali asks, the vial was stored in a maroon LG mini fridge and they opened a new vial when my turn came.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I didn't have a very smooth experience tbh.

When I reached (9:15 am) there was a huge line outisde the hospital. Stood in that line for half an hour or so. Then managed to get inside there was even more waiting. Lots of crowd. No social distancing whatsoever. Luckly got to sit. Everyone had to take token and wait for number to be called. 

Paid 780. They didn't give dolo or any other tablet. 

8 hours ago, KnackChap said:

UPI & digital transactions are a game changer. Even in the interiors small shops are using gpay/bhim etc.  Even in our village which is at a remote place, more than half the shops are accepting UPI payments but no one has a CC machine. 

We went on a road trip to pondy couple of years back with my BIL who came from AUS.

We were talking about ease of payments via UPI and he didn’t believe me until I paid for Chai with UPI in a roadside village with barely 50 houses and population less than 500.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I didn't have a very smooth experience tbh.

When I reached (9:15 am) there was a huge line outisde the hospital. Stood in that line for half an hour or so. Then managed to get inside there was even more waiting. Lots of crowd. No social distancing whatsoever. Luckly got to sit. Everyone had to take token and wait for number to be called. 

Paid 780. They didn't give dolo or any other tablet. 

Around 40 people here so it was easier to manage and its a brand new hospital and the regular opd and others are almost empty. Also it not listed on cowin and no one here wants to pay since phc, govt hospitals and other orgs/unions are arranging free vaccination for all. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's incredibly convenient but it's also made frauds easier. Double edged sword. 

It's still amazing though. 

If I compare it to how CC are treated in the US, using w/o pin, calling to give CC number for transaction, it is still much secure.

I know people have made others fool like by requesting payment in stead of making one, but fraud will try to fraud.

This is digital so get a lot of eyeballs but traditional fraudsters still thrive with age-old banking system.

Edited by Right

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

And before @Bhpian Bali asks, the vial was stored in a maroon LG mini fridge and they opened a new vial when my turn came.

I bugged people so much with this question. :rofl: my friend have also started doing this. Randomly get a message saying that so and so got vaccinated and the storage method.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I bugged people so much with this question. :rofl: my friend have also started doing this. Randomly get a message saying that so and so got vaccinated and the storage method.

Bhai tereko toh glucose ka paani de dia hai tabhi zrurat nhi thi fridge ki. Dhyaan rakhna apna.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Should have waited for pfizer and moderna to come here man. :(

It's not like pfizer & moderna don't have sideffects & you can take a pfizer booster 6 months down the line. That's what the mid East countries are doing. Vaccinated with sinovac and are now asking their ppl to take a pfizer booster. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They're basing it on 1 in a million chance of clotting. 

Ya but still, if we have options available, we can also do the same.

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Vaccine politics most prolly. Who knows. We don't have any advese effects database in india yet. 

This is also worrisome. Anyways my 20 days are over after first dose. Hopefully 2nd dose is even more smooth.

Just now, Big Boss said:

Ya but still, if we have options available, we can also do the same.

This is also worrisome. Anyways my 20 days are over after first dose. Hopefully 2nd dose is even more smooth.

Just check if you can take another vaccine in dose 2. Apparently cocktails give higher immunity.