The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

24 minutes ago, Right said:

lol I don't deny there would be some underreporting but of this proportion? Neah.

I won't be surprised if the number comes out to be true. Not necessarily due to under reporting 

These deaths might not have been even accounted for by the officials, India is a not a country where every death is counted.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

I won't be surprised if the number comes out to be true. Not necessarily due to under reporting 

These deaths might not have been even accounted for by the officials, India is a not a country where every death is counted.

Logically, its not possible.

Even if you assume that India has higher CFR than the  RoW, let's say 2%.

25L death means 12.5Cr cases.

You can hide/undercount/ignore may be a couple of lakhs of deaths, a crore or two cases, but not >8cr cases and 21L deaths.

1 hour ago, Right said:

lol I don't deny there would be some underreporting but of this proportion? Neah.

Summary of tweets - 65k excess deaths from Mar 1 to may 10 in 2021 as compared to 2020 . 

According to Gujarat government only 4k people died in gujarat from covid .

So 61k unaccounted deaths . Death under count by a factor of 15x

15x under counting for all of India seems too high agreed .

But 4-6x undercount is definitely possible and likely true .

Everyone here and all over the country lost someone - immediate/close family member , relative , friend , colleague or someone they knew ..

Death count is definitely way higher. 

The number of deaths registered (counted via death certificates issued) this year between April and June has risen in many states. Till date states are adding backlog deaths to the tally. Hence this figure doesn't look false. 

Ps- this also debunks another theory that indians are naturally resistant to the virus 

7 minutes ago, Right said:

Logically, its not possible.

Even if you assume that India has higher CFR than the  RoW, let's say 2%.

25L death means 12.5Cr cases.

You can hide/undercount/ignore may be a couple of lakhs of deaths, a crore or two cases, but not >8cr cases and 21L deaths.

Both cases and deaths are way higher than reported

https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2021/jan/31/25-indians-now-have-antibodies-against-covid-19-shows-icmrs-latest-serosurvey-2257635.html

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/50-of-mumbai-kids-have-antibodies/amp_articleshow/83940921.cms

Similar studies of kids are available for Delhi/UP . 

Actual covid case count is way higher ( so many asymptomatic cases went unnoticed) 

Way higher than 12.5 crore cases

13 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:
Summary of tweets - 65k excess deaths from Mar 1 to may 10 in 2021 as compared to 2020 . 

According to Gujarat government only 4k people died in gujarat from covid .

So 61k unaccounted deaths . Death under count by a factor of 15x

I have seen this guy's tweets

This is too small a window (10 days) to look at the data, as Death certificates are not issued in Real-Time.

There could be certificates which weren't issued in time last year, due to lockdown, or backlog that have been cleared. 

Secondly, died-of-covid vs died-with-covid which is followed world over, adds discrepency

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is crazy. The new variants seem to have very high immune escape, both in infected and vaccinated population. 

Extremely scary. 

Check percentages of population vaccinated in those states. Compare that to india. 

Plus I think EU nations got the mRNA Vax.