The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

On 7/31/2021 at 11:25 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Was there any doubt before?

Effectiveness against delta universally sh*t for every vaccine  out there.  Evidence is there. Vaccines are made using old original covid variant and not modified for delta. There is no guarantee it will protect you against delta

Israel fully vaccinated country with pfizer getting massive surge in delta cases and Pfizer said 3rd booster shot is needed. 

Vaccine may help against delta in some cases but people should not drop safety guidelines just coz you are fully vaccinated. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Foreign travellers can get Covishield booster shot after 28 days | Lucknow News - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/foreign-travellers-can-get-covishield-booster-shot-after-28-days/articleshow/83905866.cms

What is this? I thought 84 days are recommended from scientist because this much gap has better efficiency rate amd gives a result overall. Can anyone comment? If not, is it OK for me to get jabbed with second dose after 28 days? I got vaccinated just yesterday

9 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Foreign travellers can get Covishield booster shot after 28 days | Lucknow News - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/foreign-travellers-can-get-covishield-booster-shot-after-28-days/articleshow/83905866.cms

What is this? I thought 84 days are recommended from scientist because this much gap has better efficiency rate amd gives a result overall. Can anyone comment? If not, is it OK for me to get jabbed with second dose after 28 days? I got vaccinated just yesterday

This is for foreign travelers especially students who need to go abroad for higher studies and need to fully vaccinated in order to travel quarantine free.

This is not recommended otherwise, stick to 84 days.

This is for foreign travelers especially students who need to go abroad for higher studies and need to fully vaccinated in order to travel quarantine free.
My point is. Going abroad and travel and all these things are not medical reasons. Is it safe for them get jabbed after 28 days? I think I'll stick to 84 days for sure but if results are not very positive after 28 days then it is not good to allow people.

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:
12 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My point is. Going abroad and travel and all these things are not medical reasons. Is it safe for them get jabbed after 28 days? I think I'll stick to 84 days for sure but if results are not very positive after 28 days then it is not good to allow people.

It is safe to get jabbed after 28 days.

The 84 days directive has more to do with efficacy statistic rather than antibodies threshold.

84 days does provide better number against the threshold as well but that doesn't mean 28 days is unsafe.

Also these travelers can get inoculated with some other vaccine as well post the 1st one.

I have friends who are planning to get Pfizer/Moderna as well once they reach there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

People just don't learn.

With under 10 pc pop innoculate, partially vaccinations might lead to the spread of a New variant.

How many people die each year in india due to partial/incomplete medications? 20210802_150904.jpg

I went out to my local community centre yesterday and people were openly roaming without masks. Not even with a mask around their chin.

Their sheer audacity was fascinating.

Their confidence was clearly visible in their gait.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

I went out to my local community centre yesterday and people were openly roaming without masks. Not even with a mask around their chin.

Their sheer audacity was fascinating.

Their confidence was clearly visible in their gait.

Such people are not fit for civilised society.

I wont even wish a fever on my worst enemy. One will become an untouchable at hospitals. Not even one doctor is ready to take my physical check up. Thankfully at least labs are not shooing me away. Got my PCR test done in the morning and dengue at 3 pm.

The lady at the lab could see my list of check ups advised by doctor with PCR right on top and still didnt pull up her mask. 

Was waiting for lift in the basement and a resident was without her mask in the lift so i didnt enter the lift. Another gentleman tried to take the lift with me on the ground floor i was close to pushing him out before he stopped to see why am I stopping him and then I told him that PCR subah hi diya hai bhai thoda sabar kar. Dude's moving day was about to be spoiled. 

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:11 AM, Mr. Comingle said:

Vaccines are available so easily these days it's almost concerning. My second dose got booked with ease. So many slots open in Mumbai. 

Are the vaccines that abundant or people are not going for their second dose? 

Only paid slots are available mostly in Maharashtra so perhaps people are waiting for free slots .

12 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Only paid slots are available mostly in Maharashtra so perhaps people are waiting for free slots .

Here in Mysore, Pvt hospital are posting ads on local news paper for vaccine availability. It's very easy to get one in private.  But mad rush in government centers.