The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

On 8/6/2021 at 10:00 AM, hsk_colossus said:

New COVID variants Epsilon, Lambda may be resistant to vaccines, early lab studies show

The Epsilon and Lambda variants of COVID-19 are “variants of interest,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and early studies show they have developed a resistance to vaccines.

Japanese researchers found the Lambda variant, which was initially discovered in Peru and is now spreading throughout South America, is highly transmissible and more resistant to vaccines than the initial COVID-19 strain.

Click to shrink...

And here's the fun part: 

Health authorities issued an alert after they discovered five cases of the Epsilon variant in Lahore, Pakistan. Medical experts there believe the vaccine-resistant strain is putting vaccinated people as well as unvaccinated people at risk, adding that the strain is just as transmissible as the Delta variant.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/08/new-covid-variants-epsilon-lambda-may-be-resistant-to-vaccines-early-lab-studies-show.html

Bro is it ever gonna end ? Honestly its pissing me off now. 3 months of lockdown than floods and still not allowed to upon full time . f**k this sh*t man , really want this to end . 

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Bro is it ever gonna end ? Honestly its pissing me off now. 3 months of lockdown than floods and still not allowed to upon full time . f**k this sh*t man , really want this to end . 

It's going to be a while. I feel you man. It sucks but I'm bracing for it. f**king feel like my world has shrunk and it's a damn struggle everyday to drag myself out of bed. Every day seems the same, doesn't matter if it's Monday or Sunday. I'm tired of this but what the f**k else can I do but sit here and wait for it to end.

• Sad 4

12 hours ago, Walker said:

It's going to be a while. I feel you man. It sucks but I'm bracing for it. f**king feel like my world has shrunk and it's a damn struggle everyday to drag myself out of bed. Every day seems the same, doesn't matter if it's Monday or Sunday. I'm tired of this but what the f**k else can I do but sit here and wait for it to end.

Problem is traders like Rushab have it bad, where govt isnt even allowing them to open their business.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

who knows what will happen… so far doesn’t look like it will end anytime soon 

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Problem is traders like Rushab have it bad, where govt isnt even allowing them to open their business.

I can imagine how hard it is. I thank my stars everyday I sold off the business in Feb 2020. In hindsight it was a blessing, though at the time I was depressed af. Who knew what was about to hit us in March right?

sh*t but I feel for the traders. It's hard. For old times sake I visit some of the guys I used to do business with and most have similar stories. Sheesh.

37 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Not sure if sarcasm?

No sarcasm.

Delta, Epsilon, Lambda Lassan… they will all come.

We can’t sit at home like pussies forever. This very week Obama hosted a lavish party with 500 guests. Why can’t commoners do freely that powerfuls can?

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Not sure if sarcasm?

Let natural selection work it out. Only worry is that because of the morons, hospitals get clogged and those who had to work because they had no choice might not get proper treatment or the non Covid patients might not have enough beds available. 

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Let natural selection work it out. Only worry is that because of the morons, hospitals get clogged and those who had to work because they had no choice might not get proper treatment or the non Covid patients might not have enough beds 

11 hours ago, Right said:

Life should resume. I support.

atleast they can wear masks and get vaccinated.. 

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Let natural selection work it out. Only worry is that because of the morons, hospitals get clogged and those who had to work because they had no choice might not get proper treatment or the non Covid patients might not have enough beds 

11 hours ago, Right said:

Life should resume. I support.

atleast they can wear masks and get vaccinated.. 

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Let natural selection work it out. Only worry is that because of the morons, hospitals get clogged and those who had to work because they had no choice might not get proper treatment or the non Covid patients might not have enough beds available. 

Yes this. I get businesses have to open and some normalcy has to be back. This is not normal though, 700k people gathering in one place. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I got double dosed on Friday. :dance:

No major side effects other than some general tiredness. Was super f**king smooth. 

Hey, after 5 days since my second dose of covishield, I was drowsy for two days. I could not help but slept from 1400hrs until 1900hrs for two days. :( Be careful of sudden drowsiness.

1 hour ago, silica said:

Hey, after 5 days since my second dose of covishield, I was drowsy for two days. I could not help but slept from 1400hrs until 1900hrs for two days. :( Be careful of sudden drowsiness.

This happened on my 1st dose, expected the same for 2nd but nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, silica said:

This happened on my 1st dose, expected the same for 2nd but nothing happened.