The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Hey guys. Need some input. I need to get my uncle's vaccination certificate. Thing is he's in Mumbai, in his 80's, lives alone and is totally phone illiterate. I mean if I tell him to open messages he'll open whatsapp, email, phone, settings and what not. I've been trying to get him to give me the otp for about 2 months now and by the time he writes it down and calls me back it's expired. I mean he calls me an hour or even later mostly. I'm at my wits end. I want to email it to him but how the heck do I do this without requiring an OTP. Any idea?

29 minutes ago, Walker said:

Hey guys. Need some input. I need to get my uncle's vaccination certificate. Thing is he's in Mumbai, in his 80's, lives alone and is totally phone illiterate. I mean if I tell him to open messages he'll open whatsapp, email, phone, settings and what not. I've been trying to get him to give me the otp for about 2 months now and by the time he writes it down and calls me back it's expired. I mean he calls me an hour or even later mostly. I'm at my wits end. I want to email it to him but how the heck do I do this without requiring an OTP. Any idea?

You cannot get the cert. without and OTP. You can ask the vaccine centre (if they are your known people) to mail it to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Can you get him to install Arogya Sethu app on his phone ? 

May be take his Google account password and Initiate the download from a web browser. 

Arogya Sethu automatically reads sms to login. He can download certificate from there and send you through whatsapp.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walker said:

Maybe ask him to give the phone to a neighbour who can coordinate with you?

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@rushaboswal yeah unfortunately I don't know anyone in KEM.

@silentassassin I'd explored this idea but another app on his phone will be a hard sell since I doubt he'll be able to accomplish downloading and then finding the download. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'll keep it as a last resort.

@TRMNTR most viable. Anyway I spoke with my ex boss now and he's going to send one of the boys tomorrow, hopefully that works. Uncle already pushed back on this but f**k it. He can swallow his pride and comply ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Walker said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@rushaboswal yeah unfortunately I don't know anyone in KEM.

@silentassassin I'd explored this idea but another app on his phone will be a hard sell since I doubt he'll be able to accomplish downloading and then finding the download. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'll keep it as a last resort.

@TRMNTR most viable. Anyway I spoke with my ex boss now and he's going to send one of the boys tomorrow, hopefully that works. Uncle already pushed back on this but f**k it. He can swallow his pride and comply ;)

Ask the office boy to take all the precautions (N95 mask, maintain distance etc).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I doubt that there will be a 3rd wave. With over 1/3rd population vaccinated if there is a drastic increase in cases then i would seriously doubt the vaccines we have got. It would mean that we just got water. 

Countries with higher vaccinated % have had spikes in cases. Third wave is inevitable (now that everything is being fully opened), how severe it will be we don't know. Maybe this time hospitals will be better prepared and there will be fewer deaths.

10 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I doubt that there will be a 3rd wave. With over 1/3rd population vaccinated if there is a drastic increase in cases then i would seriously doubt the vaccines we have got. It would mean that we just got water. 

Hopefully atleast half of the vaccinated people got vaccines which were stored in refrigerators otherwise we are all living on borrowed time.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

3 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Our immune system is much better than those delicate westerners. I m sure we will be better off with a good number of vaccination

Delta variant will go mainstream in either Nov-Dec or Feb-March-April next year and laugh at you.

Pharma merchants will then shill for their booster shots after total PANIK induced lockdowns yet again

There is no end to this, it's like those whack a mole arcade game.

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Delta variant will go mainstream in either Nov-Dec or Feb-March-April next year and laugh at you.

Pharma merchants will then shill for their booster shots after total PANIK induced lockdowns yet again

There is no end to this, it's like those whack a mole arcade game.

Take boosters, wear masks, exercise precautions and live life.

• Like 1